Do You Donate Blood

Do you donate blood?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you donate blood?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

I'd love to except for a few problems:

1. I don't know my blood type (easily found out from my doctor's office).

2. I'm not 18. You can't give blood unless you are 18. When I turn 18 though, I'll definitely donate.

~Vincent

1. I don't know my blood type (easily found out from my doctor's office).

2. I'm not 18. You can't give blood unless you are 18. When I turn 18 though, I'll definitely donate.

You don't need to know your blood type and the age is 16 with parent permission, 17 without. Well, it is in America at least.

I don't give blood yet as my parents don't believe in it :rolleyes:

wat

Pretty self explanatory, my parents are against it.

I didn't get the "believe" part.

More off-handed way of saying they're against it.

Why are they against it? It saves lives. You should ask them: "What if ever I needed a blood transfusion, lest I die?"

No, nor do i want to, unless it's a family member.

In addition to the above statement, i don't expect any kind of favor from the people of the world, should the time ever come that i need blood.

I always donate blood whenever I can - it's a great way to do your part in the effort to save lives. I don't remember what blood type I have, but I do remember that it wasn't all too common.

Are the people bothered by the fact that people are nervous about saving lives just because of a little prick really in the minority here? It just seems horribly selfish to think that way... I mean I know it's your choice as to whether you want to donate or not, but dang...

Edited by Redicaluss

In addition to the above statement, i don't expect any kind of favor from the people of the world, should the time ever come that i need blood.

You do it's not someone personally giving blood to you. Once you're injured and need blood, you'll receive that blood.

So even cynics who don't appreciate their gesture will receive blood from a donor, if ever they're injured that badly.

You do it's not someone personally giving blood to you. Once you're injured and need blood, you'll receive that blood.

So even cynics who don't appreciate their gesture will receive blood from a donor, if ever they're injured that badly.

That's too bad.

Edited by Witcherer

Needles and blood are so not cool. I avoid them at all times D=. Not going to donate when I get older.

I've donated it once, tried a second time but they lost my permission slip :rolleyes:. But yea, it's a good cause. After high school I'll probably sell it for the pocket money.

I don't do it now but may do so in the future.

I always donate blood whenever I can - it's a great way to do your part in the effort to save lives. I don't remember what blood type I have, but I do remember that it wasn't all too common.

Are the people bothered by the fact that people are nervous about saving lives just because of a little prick really in the minority here? It just seems horribly selfish to think that way... I mean I know it's your choice as to whether you want to donate or not, but dang...

Let's just say my phobia of needles is not a small one.

And it might cause a ridiculous rise in blood pressure.

That doesn't make for a good thing when it comes to donating blood.

The last time I had a vaccination I had to be pinned down to the counter because my body wouldn't stop shaking.

The time before that, I passed out.

:)

~~Samarkov :rolleyes:

The last time I had a vaccination I had to be pinned down to the counter because my body wouldn't stop shaking.

The time before that, I passed out.

:)

~~Samarkov :rolleyes:

Hmm I guess that must be a phobia or something then. I have a "gotta do what you gotta do" approach to shots. It sure as hell ain't pleasant but you gotta do it.

Edited by theking1322

I should, though apparently there's weight requirements and I'm too underweight.

I probably will when I'm old enough, I just don't see why not? Your helping others who desperately need it and it's not like they take 5 litres of blood..

I'm not old enough, but even when i am i still wont. I had a pretty bad experience getting a vial of blood taken, i don't even want to think about giving blood

Edited by Dr-Horrible

I should, though apparently there's weight requirements and I'm too underweight.

Depending on country, I think that you can't have a BMI under a certain amount; can't remember what it is though.

I try and do it as much as I can... But currently I'm not able to for 12 months due to me getting a tattoo.

Edited by GetNudeDay

I don't, but that's because I can't. I'm diabetic and they won't take my blood. =/

I'm not sure if I would if I could though, I think I probably would occasionally.

Not allowed to -_-. I was really excited to as well, even though I fainted last time a needle entered my arm :unsure:.

Ah well, Still an organ donor. :huh:

I'm not, but I might donate blood once just to help. If it's ok I will do it again. The bottom line though is that I hate needles a lot, and really dislike injections that are needed - so maybe only if I know someone that needs blood I will help out.

I'll definitely get on the organ donors list though.

I'm totally fine with needles and injections, although the withdrawal of blood sucks. But whatever, I'm willing to do it because my discomfort for 5 minutes isn't worth not saving lives. Probably will do it as often as I can for the rest of my life..

Edit: DERPBUMP.

How'd I do that. :huh:

Edited by Graham

I hope to do it in the future. For some reason, I was never afraid of needles. And the best part is some places give you scrummy foods afterwards that help you produce more blood :huh:!

EDIT: DURPBUMPPOST

Edited by Guitarguy