Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sgt.Pepper

Alan Greene Wins Democratic Primary

So, it came to my attention that no one on this forum has brought up a huge political event that occurred about two weeks ago. Or, if it has been brought up, I have not seen it. If there is a topic about this already, then Mods, please just merge the topics, or close this one.

But anyways, a man by the name of Alan Greene won the Democratic Primary race in South Carolina two weeks ago. The only problem being, almost no one knows who Alan Greene is. That's right, a simple unemployed man signed up to run for senate, and by jove, he won the primary, beating out longtime congressmen Vic Rawl.

Now, the exact details as to who Alan Greene truly is have been surfacing, but Democrats in the state believe that there is more to it. In fact, they believe that the Republican party "planted" Greene into the Primary. The only problem with this is that the GOP did not sponsor Greene, did not campaign for Greene, did not advertise, and in fact, has no connections to Alan Greene.

As funny-man Jon Stewart put it...

This is the political equivalent to running yourself a warm bath, falling asleep next to the tub, leaving your hand in the warm water, peeing yourself, and then BLAMING THE REPUBLICANS!

-The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-june...arolina-primary

So, Senate-Hopeful Alan Greene, a man who has no website, no campaigns, no rallies, no yard signs,

, is now posed to run for the United States Senate.

Discuss :rolleyes:

~Sgt.Pepper

He won't go far thats all I can say.

I don't believe he will either, but I just find it hilarious that 100,000 democrats walked into the polling booths and voted for him :rolleyes:

~Sgt.Pepper

He won't go far thats all I can say.

I don't believe he will either, but I just find it hilarious that 100,000 democrats walked into the polling booths and voted for him :rolleyes:

~Sgt.Pepper

Republicans can go down and vote in the primary too, I'd trod carefully to say that South Carolina has 100,000 democrats :). Its not like it matters, the republicans will win in this state anyway.

Its not like he's going to make it all the way to office anyway.

It's South Carolina.

The state still lives and breathes Jim Crow.

Lilshu would probably be the 3rd candidate if it weren't for his felonies.

That is the extent of their intellectual capacity.

Edited by Definition

It's South Carolina.

Lilshu would probably be the 3rd candidate if it weren't for his felonies.

That is the extent of their intellectual capacity.

I'd take lilshu no matter what he did anyday over our politicians :rolleyes:

It's South Carolina.

Yeah, thus explaining how a black unemployed man got 100,000 votes. Wait whut? :rolleyes:

Republicans can go down and vote in the primary too, I'd trod carefully to say that South Carolina has 100,000 democrats :). Its not like it matters, the republicans will win in this state anyway.

Show me the 100,000 Republicans who all went and voted for a guy that A) They didn't know and B) Would even have wanted to vote for. :) Yeah, they will easily win, but either way, I always love to hear ridiculous charges, because now SC Democratic leaders are "convinced" that Greene was planted. It's ludicrous.

~Sgt.Pepper

He's actually an improvement. At least he isn't having an affair.

IIRC statistically you have a 40% chance of winning in a primary if no one has any clue who you are according to a survey back in February.

Yeah, people are sick of the old and want new blood in office. It may seem strange for the state but if the voters only knew his name prior, I'd think it wouldn't be a problem.

He's actually an improvement. At least he isn't having an affair.

Personally wouldn't matter if he was.

Affairs and relationships with your wife is your own business it doesn't matter what your job is.

To this day I think it is the most idiotic thing in the world that Clinton got impeached over an affair.

It's South Carolina.

Yeah, thus explaining how a black unemployed man got 100,000 votes. Wait whut? :rolleyes:

Show me the 100,000 Republicans who all went and voted for a guy that A) They didn't know and B) Would even have wanted to vote for. :) Yeah, they will easily win, but either way, I always love to hear ridiculous charges, because now SC Democratic leaders are "convinced" that Greene was planted. It's ludicrous.

~Sgt.Pepper

It's not that crazy really. All Republicans have to do is tell their voters to switch to Democrat and vote for the weaker guy. Remember Rush Limbaugh's "Operation Chaos" (Republicans switch to Democrat, nominate the unelectable Kenyan Muslim Communist Fascist Anarchist Atheist, and McCain wins the election)? This could have been that, only successful. Of course, Greene would have to have some Democratic votes. It is possible that some came from general dissatisfaction with the party elite. Some may have just randomly voted, given that DeMint will win.

It's South Carolina.

~Sgt.Pepper

It's not that crazy really. All Republicans have to do is tell their voters to switch to Democrat and vote for the weaker guy. Remember Rush Limbaugh's "Operation Chaos" (Republicans switch to Democrat, nominate the unelectable Kenyan Muslim Communist Fascist Anarchist Atheist, and McCain wins the election)? This could have been that, only successful. Of course, Greene would have to have some Democratic votes. It is possible that some came from general dissatisfaction with the party elite. Some may have just randomly voted, given that DeMint will win.

Or, We can go the Colbert way and he won by his name appearing first :).

No one in South Carolina even cares.

The media, however, is having a field day with him.

But seriously, He's not going to win.

Is he the guy that does all the awkward interviews where the newscaster basically ask him "Are you SURE you don't have ANY sort of mental disability?" Then he pauses for a while, fidgets in his chair and finally says "No, I don't".

That's not too shocking. What surprises me is the fact that almost every Republican is being significantly challenged...by other Republicans. :rolleyes:

He probably won't win. South Carolina is primarilly conservative and Republican, rarely going Democratic. If he wins, it would be due to the media frenzy over him, but that's unlikely.

To this day I think it is the most idiotic thing in the world that Clinton got impeached over an affair.

It wasn't exactly because of his affair. He got impeached over lying to Congress, although it was regarding the scandal. One of the charges was obstruction of justice.

Edited by Finway

That's not too shocking. What surprises me is the fact that almost every Republican is being significantly challenged...by other Republicans. :rolleyes:

He probably won't win. South Carolina is primarilly conservative and Republican, rarely going Democratic. If he wins, it would be due to the media frenzy over him, but that's unlikely.

It wasn't exactly because of his affair. He got impeached over lying to Congress, although it was regarding the scandal. One of the charges was obstruction of justice.

I think you forgot Brown...

Democratic State, Republican won.

This guy dedicated his career to expose Bill Clinton for frivolous scandals. For example, he chased him for a simple property project. He was tried of perjury over a small technicality over the definition of sexual relations. The definition of sexual affairs did not include oral sex, and he had oral sex with Lewinsky. (case and point: the semen on the dress) Ken Starr had to bring up cases like Paula Jones, who showed no evidence proving any sexual relations, however, she had an ultraconservative litigator, and you know Americans, they love litigation. It was about the affair and partisan politics. You can't impeach someone because you don't like them and thats what 45 to 50 republicans did in the Senate. The supermajority is a nice doggy!. It really is.

This guy dedicated his career to expose Bill Clinton for frivolous scandals. For example, he chased him for a simple property project. He was tried of perjury over a small technicality over the definition of sexual relations. The definition of sexual affairs did not include oral sex, and he had oral sex with Lewinsky. (case and point: the semen on the dress) Ken Starr had to bring up cases like Paula Jones, who showed no evidence proving any sexual relations, however, she had an ultraconservative litigator, and you know Americans, they love litigation. It was about the affair and partisan politics. You can't impeach someone because you don't like them and thats what 45 to 50 republicans did in the Senate. The supermajority is a nice doggy!. It really is.

That's nothing. There are Republicans that want to impeach Obama over, get ready: jaywalking. They think he may have jaywalked at some point, and want to impeach him for it. Some Republicans running for the House, and don't quote me because this is just what I have heard, have promised in their campaign to introduce articles of impeachment.

down here, any republican can just walk in and win the primary. The whole state is like anti democrat and anti Obama.