Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Birthday

Those Little Quest Symbols

Has anyone else noticed how in recent quests all the npcs and locations have a little symbol next to their name? Not just the low level quests, but all of them. What do you guys think of them?

I think they're pointless. I mean, who's that stupid that they can't find the npc clearly mentioned by the guy you were just talking to? They also look stupid. They're fine for low level quests, noobs might have a little trouble getting into the swing of scape. But on high level quests? I think the higher leveled players are able to figure out which guy to talk to.

I have to say I agree. It'll get annoying if a NPC gets used in a lot of quests. :rolleyes: It might even make Jagex limit how much they use a NPC... which would also be a terrible idea.

They're irritating.

I can see the point of the notification popping up saying "You are now starting a quest" since previously it was unclear, but the small icons are annoying. Fine, they can possibly help you identify NPCs during a quest (you need to find the NPC to be able to see the icon - not checked to see if it shows on the World Map), but they're around all the time, whether you're doing a quest or not. They're also on some items where the quest name would fit much better within the examine description.

The icons are annoying and an option needs to be added to let you disable them.

They added it to all quests now? That's sad.

I mean, okay, beginning quests, like Restless Ghost, Cook's Assistant, etc. fine. If newbs need help, they can have it.

But if they're putting it on quests like WGS, Nomad's Requiem, and MM, that's sad. You would think that those doing master/grandmaster quests would know how to quest by now?

They added it to all quests now? That's sad.

I mean, okay, beginning quests, like Restless Ghost, Cook's Assistant, etc. fine. If newbs need help, they can have it.

But if they're putting it on quests like WGS, Nomad's Requiem, and MM, that's sad. You would think that those doing master/grandmaster quests would know how to quest by now?

They haven't added them to already existing quests, but they're being added to all the new quests, regardless of difficulty.

tbh i think they are fine only for the F2P quests like 'dragon slayer' and 'rune mysteries' etc. but they arent neccesary for members quests like 'buyers and cellars' or even 'regicide'. JaGex should really fix this. btw when have they made a diffrence?

Whats annoying about those symbols is that they are one of those things that jagex adds that just adds more garbage. Why don't they keep things balanced, in this case either remove them or add them to ALL quests.

Whats annoying about those symbols is that they are one of those things that jagex adds that just adds more garbage. Why don't they keep things balanced, in this case either remove them or add them to ALL quests.

This.

This.

They are probably planning to add them to "ALL" quests in the future, they are adding them to the new quests so they don't have to do it for them later.

Agreed.

They should be added to quests in progress only imo.

They're irritating.

I can see the point of the notification popping up saying "You are now starting a quest" since previously it was unclear, but the small icons are annoying. Fine, they can possibly help you identify NPCs during a quest (you need to find the NPC to be able to see the icon - not checked to see if it shows on the World Map), but they're around all the time, whether you're doing a quest or not. They're also on some items where the quest name would fit much better within the examine description.

The icons are annoying and an option needs to be added to let you disable them.

I agree with the option to disable them. Like how you disable warning by talking to the doomsayer.

Something funny about them, look a bit closer, there's a sqare around the icon lighter then the right-click thing

I laughed when i saw that

Am I the only one that don't mind them/couldn't care less?

They're there, and they may seem a bit out of place, but eh - theres bigger flaws out there.

Am I the only one that don't mind them/couldn't care less?

They're there, and they may seem a bit out of place, but eh - theres bigger flaws out there.

I agree with you. I think it's another thing that people that complain about everything complain about.

Agreed.

Wait, aren't they only there for NPC's involved in the quest you're doing? Or do they remain there after the quest is finished?

I noticed those, and I thought to myself 'This is way too easy.'

And it somewhat increases my screen clutter. Just a little bit so that it's annoying.

Agreed.

Wait, aren't they only there for NPC's involved in the quest you're doing? Or do they remain there after the quest is finished?

I noticed those, and I thought to myself 'This is way too easy.'

And it somewhat increases my screen clutter. Just a little bit so that it's annoying.

They stay even after you finish the quest.

I dont really mind them, sure its just a small thing in the game...

Honestly I had no idea what those symbols meant. :rolleyes:

I don't really care about them, I just ignore them.

In my opinion, Jagex is trying to become more like World of Warcraft. Those quest symbol thingys are annoying and stupid.