Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Key

New Dragon Graphics

BTW, did none of you have HD? Lol.

They look pretty bad in SD - I'm guessing they'll have some sort of texture.

Guest DE4D D4WN

yea thier way difernt :madsing: :) :grindteeth:

I think the new dragons look much cooler :grindteeth:

I'm guessing they'll have some sort of texture.

Hopping in-game to look, there's nothing (well, nothing that looks as good as the scales they had before, though the wings are nice).

...the blue dragons come in two colours - one that's blue (right), one that looks turquoise (left). :grindteeth:

bluedragons.png

Very good modelling and animation. The body textures, however, don't feel like they're of anywhere near the same quality.

way better in hd too bad my laptop cant run it without lagging :grindteeth:

They look better than the giant pixel they used to be.

They should spend more time improving RuneScape than looks of the NPCs, which looked fine before anyway.

Starting to miss the graphics before the huge update.

Didn't even notice the black dragons had changed. I admit though, they look quite nice albeit a little "baggy" or "fat".

you guys complain about EVERYTHING!. Jagex is trying to make things look better. If they didn't do things like this, you'd be like "oh muh gawd jagex, make moar gaphix updates!"

Stop complaining, its so annoying. Every update they do no matter what it is, people complain. If I was jagex, I'd shut down runescape for a month and let everyone go cold turkey, then see how much you addicts would complain when it comes back online.

IMO the dragons look a lot better.

Edited by Realsies

IMO, I think their chest is too large compared to their lower back, and their tails are really stumpy. The colouring on a few seem a bit off, too.

Otherwise, they look great. :grindteeth:

I really like the new dragons, however they could have taken the time to update their dragonfire too, instead of the polygon shape thing.

Edited by Rivel

It reminds me of the dragon from the new tutorial...

This is the new red dragon...

reddragon.png

This is the tutorial dragon...

9qyalz.gif

Not much of a difference

Theese should be swaped, the red dragons look real orange, and the tutorial dragon dosn't matter what color it is

As mentioned in this month's Behind the Scenes, we’ve graphically updated some of the dragons in game. This includes, but is not excluded to, green, blue, red and black dragons (including baby variants), plus bronze, iron, steel and mithril dragons. Check them out if you can handle the heat!
Edited by Moo

*As rages at Jagex changes something

Meh, we'll all get used to it.

As

you guys complain about EVERYTHING!. Jagex is trying to make things look better. If they didn't do things like this, you'd be like "oh muh gawd jagex, make moar gaphix updates!"

Stop complaining, its so annoying. Every update they do no matter what it is, people complain. If I was jagex, I'd shut down runescape for a month and let everyone go cold turkey, then see how much you addicts would complain when it comes back online.

Most of the time with graphics updates, they make it worse. :grindteeth: If they did, I would lol a lot, prolly spend first week or two posting on forums, then next two doing something else :madsing:

I'll prolly get used to it in like 6 month though

I honestly can't say which is Iron and which is Steel. They look the same O_o

I'm guessing they'll have some sort of texture.

Hopping in-game to look, there's nothing (well, nothing that looks as good as the scales they had before, though the wings are nice).

...the blue dragons come in two colours - one that's blue (right), one that looks turquoise (left). :madsing:

bluedragons.png

Very good modelling and animation. The body textures, however, don't feel like they're of anywhere near the same quality.

Ouch. I have to say the wings are shmexy, but the body textures fail.

Also, they're too consistently shiny? I'd expect Metal Dragons to look like that - the scales should look like they have individual specularity... :grindteeth:

[Edit]

I really like the new dragons, however they could have taken the time to update their dragonfire too, instead of the polygon shape thing.

As for the actual attacks, well; recent tech advancements in-house mean that we could have given you a small update now or a much nicer update in the future. On this score we decided the wait would be worth it blk.gif
Edited by iAntilopi

Wtf is with baby blues? They look more like winged dogs...

Winged dogs... Nice :grindteeth:

Anywho, still get to kill em quick for quick money and quickyyyyyyyyyyyy omg cat was on my keyboard again...

Aww its soo cuute...

Back on track... Quick money and quick skills...

Most of the time with graphics updates, they make it worse. :madsing: If they did, I would lol a lot, prolly spend first week or two posting on forums, then next two doing something else :)

I'll prolly get used to it in like 6 month though

You probably just think that they are worse looking because you are used to the old ones. :grindteeth:

Here's red dragon.

reddragon.png

That looks more orange to me. I thought the old dragons looked fine. Why the unnecessary update?

Once again Jagex gives us an update we did not ask for. fudge you Jagex give us what we want, we pay we say!

If it ain't broken break it lololololololololololololol

That was a bit unnecessary. :ph34r: It's not like I was flaming on Jagex.

Concept art for the King black dragon:

Big image in the spoiler.

KBD_full.jpg

Quick find code: 15-16-427-61262778

:wizard:

I'd be interested to see the chat head for the new kbd in the Tail of Two Cats quest.