Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Johnleprekan

Producing Antifire Armor

Antifire (Anti-dragon-breath) equipment would be a nice thing to have if it were customizable. We could create our own antifire equipment from existing steel items or other items that are non-metallic. This can be done by seasoning steel armor with a special oil.

In real life, seasoning is when you coat oil onto a cast iron pot or pan and heat it. The pot turns black when this is done. A protective coat is formed over it. Steel is similar to iron.

I do not want to season with just any oil, but a special one created through alchemy.

Alchemy here is not the spell, but a process. A substance is placed into a flask with the proper solvent and heated over a low flame. What the process does is bring out a substance's medicinal, spiritual, and magical abilities. It also renders the substance into something that is very hard to change. An example of a base substance being turned into a more noble substance is the transmutation of lead into gold.

The solvent is called the Alkahest and is found as a pool underneath Rimmington. Use buckets on it to obtain the solvent.

Coal or charcoal would be needed to heat the flask.

The two substances to be transmuted are lantadyme and ground blue dragon scale. An oil is made from both of these and mixed together. This oil is then rubbed onto steel armor and heated which seasons the metal.

Since the oil is not ordinary oil, the metal does not turn black. Instead it turns silver and orange like the Anti-Dragon-Breath shield.

If buckler shields are introduced, they can be seasoned with this new oil and turned into antifire shields. These shields can be strapped onto one arm and allow room to hold a two handed weapon. These shields only have half or a third of the antifire protection as the regular antifire shield.

Dragon hide or cloth can be infused with this oil. Just place them a steam chamber (found in Rimmington) with the oil.

Edited by Johnleprekan

I was trying to find a way to make fun of you for calling it seasoning, but I kept reading. And reading.

This is actually a very well thought out suggestion.

I'm not sure this is completely necessary, however. We have the Anti-Dragonfire shield, DFS, and super/anti-fire potions, which altogether render the purpose of Antifire armor moot, in my opinion.

Edited by Zj 522

Hmm. Interesting. Wouldn't this kind of ruin the one handed sword, anti-fire shield if you could wield a two handed weapon with a shield?

It's a somewhat well thought out idea I guess, but your other suggestions Producing White Knight Armor, and Producing Black Armor use almost the exact same idea, and I think since you're basically just changing a few parts other than seasoning steel armor, it kind of lessens the quality of the suggestion as they're basically tweaked repeats. As such, no support

Hmm. Interesting. Wouldn't this kind of ruin the one handed sword, anti-fire shield if you could wield a two handed weapon with a shield?

You can already wield a two handed weapon without being burnt to death if you use a Super Antifire Potion.

And the buckler wasn't part of the suggestion, I don't believe.

I have to say, this sounds very good, but seeing that we have Super Antifire, it's not really needed (Super Antifire is only made at a high level, yes, but that's why this wouldn't be good for the game).

Dragon shield - like 90% reduction.

Dragon shield with potion - 100% reduction.

Useless, so end of topic.

Unless we want more useless stuff like prayer recharging in canifis, broodoo shields etc. :grindteeth:

Unless we want more useless stuff like prayer recharging in canifis, broodoo shields etc. :grindteeth:

Prayer recharging in Canifis would be great for barrowing :madsing:.

no support we have 2 shields for anti dragon fire protection including 2 potions of which 1 requires high lvl herblore and gives full protection

I meant the existing 'hollow tree, cut it, get barks and burn them to restore prayer'. Its useless, no1 uses it.

If buckler shields are introduced, they can be seasoned with this new oil and turned into antifire shields. These shields can be strapped onto one arm and allow room to hold a two handed weapon. These shields only have half or a third of the antifire protection as the regular antifire shield.

I don't think this is necessary. If you're already suited up in an Anti-fire Helm, Body, and Platelegs, the shield is just superfluous.

And although it does seem like this would be unnecessary if you think about using it with the Anti-Dragon/DFS or Potion, what about using this armor without the shield?

Imagine the body offering 50% reduction, the legs offering 40% reduction, and the helmet offering 10% reduction. It doesn't really make sense to me either, a full top-and-bottom suit offering the same protection as a measly shield, but I'm going to ignore that for now.

It makes using a weapon like a Godsword or Maul against dragons a feasible option (even though the Chaotic Longsword can take the Godsword's place).

I commend your creativity, but I think you should think of an idea not related to dragon fighting. Since the release of the Dragonfire shield and Super Anti Fire Potion (whatever that level 85 Potion is), it seems that dragon fighting can't get much more sophisticated.

Unless of course, new dragons are released. I wouldn't let this idea die entirely...

I meant the existing 'hollow tree, cut it, get barks and burn them to restore prayer'. Its useless, no1 uses it.

I didn't even know you could do that :) Edited by Potter

Seems unnessecary shield and pot or just pot stops fire comepletely already.