Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Azarath

Slayer Hints And Tips

Slayer Tips & Tricks

Written By Azarath

Special Thanks to Roy, Chrisputtock, Don Florty, little boy 1100, Ambo100, Jacky, Goggie, Trey, Zazzy, Hilly, Gocart, Mad Max, Donavon, Lilshu, iSkoda, Mano, Jethraw, byz, Josh, Chronian, Bintey, Leaf, ifno

The aim of this guide is to set you up on your road to Slayer and hopefully to help you with whatever task you are put up against. The guide will include armor sets for all of the possible Slayer monsters and possible tasks, this will include inventories and methods of killing the tasks quickly and efficiently. Also it aims to show you items you should collect along your journey that will help you to complete the tasks much quicker and easier.

Contents

Section 1: Getting Started
Section 2: Equipment Evolving with Levels
Section 3: The Effects of Smoking
Section 4: Which Master is right for me?
Section 5: The Summoning Factor
Section 6: Should I Dungeoneer?
Section 7: Wait how do I mine for fish?
Section 8: Multi Tasking!
Section 9: Other Perspectives, Submitting your tips and final notes

Section 1: Getting Started

Great you've managed to get yourself Runescape membership and now you want to have a crack at some of the toughest monsters in Runescape, well the Slayer skill is the right choice. But a couple of things would be nice before we start:

• -60 Attack - Yes it may seem a bit high, but if you are going through Slayer with only a rune scimmy you are going to find things very difficult until you reach that key level. To go alongside this I recommend the
Lost City quest to be completed before any other dragon weapon quest as you unlock 2 of the best Dragon weapons here. If these do not suffice for you, then complete Monkey Madness and unlock one of the best weapons available to you.
-40 Defence - Simply to unlock the use of rune for your character, normally when it comes to Slayer rune will suffice for armor until you go against the toughest of all the monsters. If however you want to get yourself a little extra bonus, try and get 45 Defence, then complete The Fremennik Trials and buy yourself a berserker helm. This helmet will give you increased Defence bonus as well as a little strength boost.
-43 Prayer - Most of the time this will be purely for emergencies, but in the cases of some tasks you may need it to complete them. This will also help you with the completion of Monkey Madness as many parts of the quest require this prayer.
-50 Mage - This is purely just for transport means, you don't need this for anything but to teleport when it comes to Slayer.
-40 Range - This will get you your first set of magic defending dragonhide, although it is a much lower defence than the higher levels it will still be useful as a light traveling armor and for tasks that involve magic attacking monsters.
-Priest in Peril - This allows you access to the dark town of Canifis, in this town you unlock a new Slayer master and a whole bunch of new quests which will be helpful to you.
- Basic Equipment - After reading the guidelines you should by now have tried to get:
  • -Full Rune
    -Berserker Helm > Rune Full Helm
    -Dragon Weapons
    -Green Dragonhide Armor
    -Glory Amulet > Power Amulet > Strength Amulet
    -Rune Boots > Rock Climbing Boots > Boots of Lightness
    -A supply of teleport tabs > A supply of teleport runes

Now that you have all this its time to get started, if this section has given you everything you need go straight to Section 4 to get started with your first task.

Section 2: Equipment Evolving with Levels

Now that you have been slaying for a while its time to take off that old armor and do some upgrading, by this section I suspect that you have managed to have obtained a few levels; 70 Defence, 70 Attack, 70 Strength, 70 Range and 35 Slayer. With these levels in mind, its time to do a few more quests as well as potentially buying some new equipment to help you out along the way:

• -If you have managed to obtain 70 Attack an Abyssal whip is now the weapon for you, but you should note that the Dragon Scimmy will still suffice and the whip cannot train your strength stat unless it is giving controlled experience. You may also wish to obtain a Saradomin Sword for training Strength, essentially it is a 2 handed weapon with similar stats to the Abyssal Whip or if you have higher attack you can utilise Korasi's Sword which is otained from the Pest Control series of quests. For metal dragon tasks I would suggest obtaining a Brackish Blade as it allows you to Stab with the same stats as a Dragon Scimitar (Slash and Stab inverted)
    -If you have managed to obtain 70 Defence there are a few new things you should consider buying; you should start by trying your hand at the
Barbarian Assault minigame and hopefully unlock the mighty Fighters Torso. I consider this a very useful tool for Slayer as just like the Berserker helm, it offers you str bonus as well as stats similar to rune armor. Try to complete the Fremennik Isles quest in order to unlock the Helmet of Neitizot which is simply an upgraded Berserker helm offering better bonuses. This may now also be a good time to visit the Warriors Guild and obtaining a Rune Defender or a Dragon Defender which offers both defensive and offensive stats. As final defensive item, more as a luxury than required, I recommend getting some Dragon Platelegs/Plateskirt to counteract the loss of defence stats from the rune defender in order for you to stay out longer during your tasks.
-Black Dragonhide - Its now time to ditch the green and move onto the much better and much more stable Black Dragonhide, you will be fighting tasks where your old dhide just will not do which makes Black Dragonhide almost essential.
-Black Mask - This item has the Slayer in mind with its amazing ability, I strongly recommend seeking out this mask even with its high price tag it should be your first priority. This item equips to your face, and whilst during Slayer tasks gives you a 15% boost to Attack and Strength which is just like praying with boosters during a whole task! Note that Prayers that boost your stats also stack with the mask, which can give you an even faster task!
-Hopefully you will have obtained the following equipment:
  • -Black Mask > Helm Of Neitizot
    -Fighter Torso > Granite Body > Rune Plate
    -Dragon Defender > Rune Defender > Rune Kiteshield
    -Dragon Platelegs = Dragon Plateskirt > Rune Platelegs
    -Abyssal Whip > Dragon Scimitar > Dragon Longsword = Dragon Dagger
    -Black Dragonhide > Red Dragonhide

Now a set of quests will follow with reasons as to why you should do them, the first list will be quests that you should aim to definitely complete, whilst the second list will only be recommended as they will offer you lesser prizes like unlocking new Slayer monsters.

Required Quests:

• -
Ghosts Ahoy - Unlocks the very useful Ectophial and also gives the start to some useful quests.
-The Grand Tree - Unlocks the use of Gliders which are handy when doing clues gathered from tasks.
-Dwarf Cannon - The cannon makes a lot of tasks go a lot quicker and allows you to get the fastest Slayer experience possibly obtainable in the game.
-Fairy Tale Part 2: Cure a Queen - Unlocks the use of the Fairy Rings which are very useful for quick access to a variety of areas.
-Shilo Village - Unlocks a future Slayer master, Duradel.
-Smoking Kills - Unlocks the Slayer master, Sumona and the reward system for Slayer.

Useful Quests:

• -
Ernest the Chicken - Gives access to Killerwatts.
-Cabin Fever - Gives access to Cave Horrors.
-Horror From the Deep - Gives access to the almighty Dagganoths.
-Slug Menace - Gives access to Proselyte Armour which has a high Prayer bonus.

Along with equipment Herblore should be increasing gradually as well. You don't need to have extreme potions by this point, but I would recommend you invest some of your rewards from Slayer into this skill. Herblore is extremely important in the late game and can drastically increase the speed at which you slay for a small increase in price. Some of the potions you can look forward to are the Extreme level boosting potions or the excellent Super-Antifire potion (acts as full protection against Dragonfire).

Section 3: The Effects of Smoking

After the release of the Smoking Kills quest Slayers had to discover and understand a new feature added to the skill alongside a new master. The new feature was dubbed Slayer Rewards and it offered bonus to the Slayers, who after completing the quest, managed to stay on route and not skip any of their tasks via turael. These bonus came in the form of points from each of the masters above Turael; Mazchna, Vannaka, Chaeldar, Sumona, Duradel and Kuradal offer 1, 4, 10, 12, 15 and 18 points respectively for completing a task from them. However you will not start receiving points until you have completed at least 5 tasks in a row, none of which can be assigned by Turael.

Buy

buygg6.png

• -Buy Slayer Experience - Awards you with 10k Slayer experience
    -Buy Ring of Slaying - Awards you the ring of slaying with which you can teleport to many major Slayer locations as well as checking your tasks
    -Buy runes for Slayer Dart - Awards 250 casts worth of runes for the spell Slayer Dart
    -Buy broad bolts - Awards 250 broad bolts
    -Buy broad arrows - Awards 250 broad arrows

Learn

slayerlearnscreen.png

• -Learn how to fletch broad arrows/bolts - Awards ability to fletch broad ammunition
    -Learn how to craft Rings of Slaying - Awards ability to craft rings of slaying
    -Learn how to craft Slayer Helmets - Awards ability to combine Nosepeg, Facemask, Earmuffs, Spiked Helmet and Black mask into Slayer Helmets
    -Learn how to deal killing blows quicker - Awards an automatic kill on monsters that previously required an item to use on them(you still need a Rock Hammer)
    -Persuade Kuradal to assign Aquanites - Kuradal adds Aquanites to her task list
    -Learn new technique to attack Ice Strykewyrms - Allows you to kill Ice Strykewyrms without the aid of a Fire Cape

Assignments

assignmentnr2.png

• -Cancel Task - Allows you to cancel your current task and get a new assignment without losing your current chain of tasks.
    -Never Assign - Cancels your current tasks and adds it to a list of 5 possible tasks(1 for every 50 Quest Points capping at 250 Quest Points) that can never be assigned again. You may cancel the blocking of a task with the X but you will not be refunded any of the points you spent.

Slayer Helmet & Ring of Slaying

slayerhelmet210129.png

The Slayer Helmet is a very useful item when it comes to Slayer, I've already explained what it is comprised off but to really understand how good it is you need to know that you never have to take it off whilst slaying. It works for every task and is useful for all of them! The Slayer Helmet has the same stats as a Rune Full helm while giving no negative bonus to Range and Magic attack. Besides convenience, its greatest use is for those tasks where you would otherwise need special headgear (e.g. Dust Devils) because it provides the 15% accuracy and damage bonus of a Black Mask in addition to the protection of special headgear.

The Ring of Slaying can be crafted with a Gold Bar and an Enchanted Gem (bought from any slayer master for 1 coin). It is not made of Dragonstone as some people may think. 75 Crafting is required for this - boosts or the Assist system may be used. When crafted, the Ring of Slaying has 8 charges, which can be used to teleport to the following locations:

• -Canifis Slayer Tower
    -Relleka Slayer Caves
    -
Pollnivneach
-Tarn's Lair (after the Lair of Tarn Razorlor Miniquest)

In addition to this, the Ring acts as an Enchanted gem as well, it can be used to check how many more monsters you need to slay - THIS DOES NOT USE UP CHARGES. When 8 charges are used up, the Ring reverts to an Enchanted gem and can no longer be worn.

Following the release of the Wyrm slayer monsters, two new items were released that allowed you to upgrade your Slayer Helmet. They are called the Hexcrest and Focus Sight, they are the black mask of Magic and Range respectively offering the same bonuses that the Black mask offers to melee. You can add these both to the Slayer Helmet giving a universal item that can be used on every slayer task. It doesn't offer any increased defensive stats but here is a picture so you can distinguish the two.

fullslayerhelmet205901.png

There is a method that allows you to gain points rather quickly, simply all you have to do is to do your first 1-9 tasks from Mazchna and then the 10th (in a normal set of 10, 10th refers to the tasks that gives bonus points) get it assigned from the highest level Slayer master available to you so that you can reap the best amount of points from the bonus. This is a common method to gain the Slayer Helmet very fast.

Section 4: Which Master is right for me?

The monsters that I recommend that you block in this section are purely my opinion I hope to expand this section to include the opinion of multiple Slayers at a very close date. You don’t have to block the monsters I recommend, this is entirely up to you and your experience will tell you if you like certain tasks.

Turael

Turael requires 3 combat for a reason, he is the beginners Slayer master and assigns very low leveled monsters. If you are looking to do some beginners training and want to get Slayer experience at the same time then Turael is for you. I don't recommend him as by now you should of followed the first stages of the guide and should be at least level 70 combat, so if you can please just skip him out completely and move straight up to the next level. Turael can be found in Burthrope.

Mazchna

Mazchna requires 20 combat, he has slightly better tasks than Turael but the tasks are still pretty woeful. Because your combat should be at least 70 I once again recommend skipping him out completely. Something to note is that this is the first master that will affect your Slayer Reward System Points. Mazchna can be found in Canafis.

Vannaka

Vannaka requires a mean 40 combat and is the first decent Slayer master. He assigns a slew of tasks all with varying difficulty levels and a lot of them will be profitable to even the low level. I suggest you use this master if you didn't complete the lost city quest. You will not need guthans for this master as his tasks are normally very small in size and an inventory of food will be more than enough to last out till it is over. Vannaka awards 4 points per task completed. Vannaka can be found in the Edgeville dungeon.

Chaeldar

Chaeldar requires 70 combat and is the first of the good masters. Chaeldar assigns many tasks most of which is more aimed at mid level players, after fulfilling my original requirements I suggest you make Chaeldar your master and that you stick with her until you reach 35+ Slayer. You may want to block a few tasks that Chaeldar assigns:

• -Cave Crawlers - They are weanies that have no good drops and are very out of the way for how little Slayer experience you get. They also poison consistently and that means wasting money and inventory spaces on Anti-poison potions or super anti-poisons. However, if you have the patience you can take on the higher level beasties which can prove to be good profit and give pretty decent experience rates.
    -Jungle Horrors - These beasts hit hard and they hit often, not only that but they have no good drops and are in a hard to reach place.
    -Mutated Zygomites - Although the tasks of these are normally small in size they are a terrible task. Yes they are close to Chaeldar but they have no drops and will cost you a good bit of food.

Chaeldar awards 10 points per task completed. Chaeldar can be found in the lost city of Zanaris.

Sumona

Sumona requires 85 combat and 35 Slayer. Sumona is another of the good masters and has mostly only good tasks. Before you get her to assign tasks you need to complete Smoking Kills. This quest unlocks all the stronger forms of the monsters found in the Pollnivneach well dungeon, this is also the quest that unlocks the reward system. Here are a few tasks that you may wish to block if you intend to use Sumona:

• -Cave Crawlers - See Chaeldar blocked tasks
    -Scarabite Minions - Their drops and experience are not worth the hassle you have to go to in order to slay them, I strongly recommend you block them or not complete the quest that unlocks them.
    -Terror Dogs - Although small tasks, they are still awful and will cause you some stress whilst slaying them. In the room your prayer is drained and it is multi-combat, it is possible to use the dogs to block each other but they have no good drops and are not worth it.

Sumona awards 12 points per task completed. Sumona can be found in Pollnivneach.

Duradel

Duradel requires 100 combat and 50 Slayer. Duradel used to be the final Slayer master and now assigns the second biggest tasks, to gain access to Duradel you need to complete Shilo Village. Duradel assigns very high task numbers which will result you in many situations not having enough supplies for completing a whole task. This happens for most people and there is nothing wrong with completing a task in 2 trips. Duradel has some tasks you may want to block:

• -Goraks - Very similar to many of the other reasons, you wont make profit on Goraks and they hit very hard. It is not worth your time to finish them off.
    -Skeletal Wyverns - Do not try to fight Skeletal Wyverns unless you are very well versed in the method of killing them. They hit massivey hard and are deemed extremely dangerous, I recommend you block these as your first priority.
    -Warped Terrorbirds - You can never protect completely from terrorbirds, they attack with multiple forms of combat, they hit hard and they hit often. It is suggested that after Wyverns make blocking these your priority.

Duradel awards 15 points per task completed. Duradel can be found in Shilo Village.

Kuradal

Kuradal requires 110 combat and 75 Slayer. Kuradal is the highest level Slayer master and assigns the biggest taks of all the masters. Kuradal can be accessed as soon as you are allowed into the ancient cavern. She is also accessible after you have rebuilt the fairy ring a level down from her. Finally the easiest way to get to her is to use the teleport of ring that monsters in her dungeon drop. The dungeon that this ring is found in is right beside her and can only be used if you are doing a task that is assigned by her, as an added bonus if you equip the ring you will also recieve +40 damage on all of the attacks you do, the ring also acts as a Ring of Life whilst worn in the dungeon. The monsters found inside Kuradal's Dungeon are: Gargoyles, Blue Dragons, Greater Demons, Hellhounds, Iron Dragons, Steel Dragons, Dark Beasts and Abyssal Demons. Kuradal has one task you may want to block:

• -Skeletal Wyverns - Do not try to fight Skeletal Wyverns unless you are very well versed in the method of killing them. They hit massively hard and are deemed extremely dangerous, I recommend you block these as your first priority.

Kuradal awards 18 points per task completed and is found in the ancient Cavern.

If this section has helped you decide on which master to use and you do not intend to use Summoning to aid you then please go forward to Section 6.

Section 5: The Summoning Factor

There are 3 main ways in which Summoning can help you with Slayer, that is by using Beasts of Burden, a Bunyip or Attacking Familiars. Its important to note with the most recent Summoning update several mini obelisks have been placed all over runescape, a lot of which are found in all of the major Slayer locations. I recommend reading the Summoning Help Guide for a better understanding of the summoning mechanics.

Beasts of Burden

The beast of burden are one of the most common use of Summoning in Slayer. Essentially they are an extension of your inventory and are used for just that, to either store extra food/potions or to store all your drops. Here is a list of all the beasts of burdens:

• -Thorny Snail - Has 3 extra slots.
    -Spirit Kalphite - Has 6 extra slots.
    -Bull Ants - Has 9 extra slots.
    -Spirit Terrorbirds - Has 12 extra slots.
    -War Tortoise - Has 18 extra slots.
    -Pack Yaks - Has 30 extra slots.

Bunyips

Bunyips are a peculiar familiar and when they are combined with high defence armor they can provide all of the healing you need per task. The bunyip will heal you 2hp every 15 seconds which is a passive effect. Their special ability is also useful on a few tasks, mostly waterfiends and aquanites which both drop raw fish. The special allows you to eat one raw fish at the cost of a scroll.

Strong Familiars

Summoning introduced a variety of familiars that will now help you out in battle and even donate their experience to you. They will only really be helping you from about 90 combat + so that's when I suggest you start utilizing them in battle. Combat familiars can only be used in Multicombat areas. It is helpful to set you Summoning icon's left-click option to "Attack" to ensure your familiar helps you fight:

• -Steel Minotaurs - Fights at 90 combat and gives defence experience. Requires 56 summoning.
    -Spirit Graahk - Fights at 93 combat and gives strength experience. Requires 57 summoning.
    -Spirit Kyatt - Fights at 93 combat and gives attack experience. Requires 57 summoning.
    -Spirit Larupia - Fights at 93 combat and gives controlled experience. Requires 57 summoning.
    -Karamthulhu Overlord - Fights at 95 combat and gives ranged experience. Requires 58 summoning.
    -Smoke Devil - Fights at 101 combat and gives magic experience. Requires 61 summoning.
    -Abyssal Lurker - Fights at 93 combat and gives controlled experience. Requires 62 summoning.
    -Spirit Cobra - Fights at 105 combat and gives attack experience. Requires 63 summoning.
    -Stranger Plant - Fights at 107 combat and gives controlled experience. Requires 64 summoning.
    -Mithril Minotaur - Fights at 112 combat and gives defence experience. Requires 66 summoning.
    -Barker Toad - Fights at 112 combat and gives strength experience. Requires 66 summoning.
    -Ravenous Locust - Fights at 120 combat and gives attack experience. Requires 70 summoning.
    -Arctic Bear - Fights at 122 combat and gives controlled experience. Requires 71 summoning.
    -Obsidian Golem - Fights at 126 combat and gives strength experience. Requires 73 summoning.
    -Granite Lobster - Fights at 129 combat and gives defence experience. Requires 74 summoning.
    -Praying Mantis - Fights at 131 combat and gives attack experience. Requires 76 summoning.
    -Adamant Minotaur - Fights at 133 combat and gives defence experience. Requires 76 summoning.
    -Forge Regent - Fights at 133 combat and gives ranged experience. Requires 76 summoning.
    -Talon Beast - Fights at 135 combat and gives strength experience. Requires 77 summoning.
    -Giant Ent - Fights at 137 combat and gives controlled experience. Requires 78 summoning.
    -Fire Titan - Fights at 139 combat and gives magic experience. Requires 79 summoning.
    -Ice Titan - Fights at 139 combat and gives attack experience. Requires 79 summoning.
    -Moss Titan - Fights at 139 combat and gives strength experience. Requires 79 summoning.
    -Hydra - Fights at 141 combat and gives ranged experience. Requires 80 summoning.
    -Spirit Dagannoth - Fights at 148 combat and gives controlled experience. Requires 83 summoning.
    -Lava Titan - Fights at 148 combat and gives strength experience. Requires 83 summoning.
    -Swamp Titan - Fights at 152 combat and gives attack experience. Requires 85 summoning.
    -Rune Minotaur - Fights at 154 combat and gives defence experience. Requires 86 summoning.
    -Geyser Titan - Fights at 200 combat and gives ranged experience. Requires 89 summoning.
    -Wolpertinger - Fights at 210 combat and gives magic experience. Requires 92 summoning.
    -Abyssal Titan - Fights at 215 combat and gives attack experience. Requires 93 summoning.
    -Iron Titan - Fights at 210 combat and gives defence experience. Requires 95 summoning.
    -Steel Titan - Fights at 230 combat and gives ranged experience. Requires 99 summoning.

Section 6: Should I Dungeoneer?

The skill Dungeoneering is very useful for Slayer, it has many rewards ranging from Resource Dungeons to new weapons. This section is all about explaining which of the rewards you can use for Slayer and why you should do some 'Dung' to make your slaying easier. Please note: You don't need any of these rewards to slay, Slayer was out long before this skill was even in concept, these are just means to get a little more out of the skill.

The first reward we should talk about are the Resource Dungeons, these are areas unlocked through the Dungeoneering Skill that gives you access to areas with various monsters available (mostly common tasks) available that not everyone has access to:

• Karamja Volcano: This requires 25 Dungeoneering and gives access to 14 Lesser Demons.
    Baxtorian Waterfalls: This requires 35 Dungeoneering and gives access to 11 Fire Giants.
    Taverly Dungeon(Hellhounds): This requires 55 Dungeoneering and gives access to 12 Hellhounds, these are in Multi-Combat.
    Taverly Dungeon(Blue Dragons): This requires 60 Dungeoneering and gives access to 8 Blue Dragons.
    Chaos Tunnels: This requires 70 Dungeoneering and gives access to 8 Black Demons.
    Brimhaven Dungeons: This requires 80 Dungeoneering and gives access to Iron and Steel Dragons.

The second set of rewards I like to call the inventory rewards. These are the series of items you can buy with your tokens that give some extra experience and save inventory spaces:

• Gem Bag: The Gem Bag costs 2000 tokens and all it does is let you add up to 100 Uncut gems (Sapphire, Emerald, Ruby and Diamond only) so that it doesn't take up and inventory space.
    Bone Crusher: The Bonecrusher (34000 tokens) isn't necessary at all, but it does do a very monotonous task for you. It buries all the bones that monsters drop for you and you get 100% of the experience, not advisable on Dragon tasks as their bones are quite valuable.
    Herbicide: Like the Bonecrusher, Herbicide (34000 tokens) isn't necessary but offers some welcome extra Herblore experience for you.

The final and most important reward is the Chaotic Rapier, it costs a staggering 200000 tokens but it is most definitely worth that price. It is the go to weapon for every Slayer task (except for a few, like Waterfiends) and means you don't need to change your weapon often. It increases the amount of damage you deal (at the same speed as the Abyssal Whip!) which speeds up all of your tasks. As a priority I would say as you slay, try and do some dungeons and get this weapon!

Section 7: Wait how do I mine for fish?

Okay the title is a little crazy, but the goal of this section is to show you how to defeat all of the tasks from the top 3 Masters (Sumona, Duradal/Lapalok and Kuradal), this section will also teach you to 'Powerslay', this is a method that will give you the best Slayer experience possible. Lets get started with the tasks:

Banshee

Now after you have completed Smoking Kills, it is worth noting that you unlock a new type of Banshee, a much more powerful beast that actually has some nice drops and pretty fast experience! In order to do this you will be using the praying method of Slayer alongside a cannon, so it can be a bit expensive to do this but normally I break even so you should to! To start off with you need to get the following armor:

armorforabberants.png

• - Slayer Helmet > Masked Earmuffs
    - Amulet of Fury > Stole of any God > Glory Amulet
    - Proselyte Platebody = Monk Robe Top > Initiate Platebody
    - Proselyte Platelegs = Monk Robe Bottom > Initiate Platelegs
    - Dragon Boots > Bandos Boots > White Boots
    - Chaotic Rapier > Abyssal Whip > Saradomin Sword > Dragon Scimitar > Godsword
    - Dragon Defender > Rune Defender > Zamorak Prayer Book > Falador Shield 3
    - Barrows Gloves > Dragon Gloves
    - Ring Of Life = Berserker Ring
    - Soul Wars Cape >Trimmed Cape of Achievement > Fire Cape

After you have assembled the ideal armor now you need to get the following inventory:

2il2c8m.gif

• - Cannon & 2000 Cannonballs
    - Teleports
    - 2 Super Attack(4) and Super Strength(4) Potions
    - 12 Prayer Potion(4)
    - Alchs if you wish

Next set your cannon up in this spot:

bansheeq.png

This spot is found mid way up the western wall in the main chamber containing the Mighty Banshees. With all of this you should complete the whole task in under 30 minutes! Which leads for some fast experience and alongside that you should make profit off the herb drops and Pure Essence which comes noted!

Kalphites

Kalphites have many forms and if your like me then when Turael gives you a kalphite task you might want to finish the task on the Kalphite Queen, but I can assume you aren't quite as crazy as me(yet!) so instead you can just take on a selection of kalphites that just love to be shot with your cannon. You do have to advance quite a bit through the tunnel, but don't worry you won't get to see the queens lovely face. The kalphites you’re looking for are the Kalphite Soldiers which have a small room to themselves and have decent HP but still give a nice fast task. Please note, if you cannon this task, you will not make a profit. You will actually make quite a large loss as these monsters do not like to drop anything of value. To start off with you need to get the following armor:

armorfordustdevils.png

• - Slayer Helmet > Helm of Neitizot
    - Amulet of Fury > Amulet of Glory
    - Fighter Torso > Granite Body
    - Dragon Platelegs = Dragon Plateskirt > Rune Platelegs
    - Dragon Boots > Bandos Boots > Rune Boots
    - Chaotic Rapier > Abyssal Whip > Saradomin Sword > Rune Scimitar > Godsword
    - Dragon Defender > Rune Defender > Dragonfire Shield
    - Trimmed Cape of Achievement = Fire Cape

After you have that or something very like it you need the following inventory:

inventoryforkal.png

- Teleports
    - Rope
    - 2 Super Sets(4)
    - Set of Guthans Armor or Bunyip Pouches if you have 80+ Defence
    - 2 Super Anti Poison Potions
    - Alchs if you wish

Next you need to set up your cannon here:

kalphitecannon.png

The spot is very simple, its just slightly right than the center of the room from when you walk in, in this spot it can attract all your kalphite friends as well as some stragglers outside the room to fill in the gap between killing the main 3.

Aberrant Spectres

After you have completed Smoking Kills it is worth noting that you unlock another great cannon spot for Aberrant Spectres. These are very similar to Banshees except that instead of praying Melee you will be using the Protect from Magic Spell and should need a lot less Prayer pots. Okay you’ll be needing your prayer armour once again, gather the following:

armorforabberants.png

• - Slayer Helmet (This is necessary)
    - Chaotic Rapier > Abyssal Whip > Saradomin Sword > Dragon Scimitar > Godsword
    - Dragon Defender > Rune Defender > Zamorak Prayer Book > Falador Shield 3
    - Soul Wars Cape > Trimmed Cape of Achievement > Fire Cape

After you have assembled the ideal armor now you need to get the following inventory:

inventforabera.png

- Teleports
    - 1 Super Attack(4) and Super Strength(4) Potion
    - 6 Prayer Potion(4)
    - Alchs if you wish

spece.png

This spot is in the south western corner of the basement room, you can gather about 8 Spectres at once from this spot. Tasks in this spot will last about 20 minutes, in terms of drops focus on Ranarrs and high level herb seeds. If you get a rare drop then pick it up and don’t forget to alch your Lava Battlestaves, the alch is around the same price as the Grand Exchange value.

Basilisks

Once again Smoking Kills brings us a fantastic cannon spot and you know me I love to cannon! Basilisks are very weak monsters but offer some fast experience, all you will need is some decent melee armour and of course a Mirror Shield do not forget this, you will lose all your stats otherwise. Gather the following:

armorforbasilisks.png

• - Slayer Helmet > Masked Earmuffs
    - Amulet of Fury > Glory Amulet
    - Bandos Chestplate > Fighter Torso > Rune Platebody
    - Bandos Tassets > Dragon Platelegs > Rune Platelegs
    - Dragon Boots > Bandos Boots
    - Chaotic Rapier > Abyssal Whip > Dragon Scimitar
    - Mirror Shield(This is necessary)

inventforbasis.png

- Teleports
    - 1 Super Attack(4), Super Defence(4) and Super Strength(4) Potion
    - 10 Pineapple Pizza
    - Alchs if you wish

basicannon.png

This spot is just west of the largest stalagmite in the centre of the room and will attack every basilisk in the room. Once you start cannoning constantly check your health, with all the basilisks attacking you at once your constitution can go down extremely quickly and you really don’t want to die against such a weak monster. Pick up lots of stuff off of Basilisks, they drop a lot of Rune Daggers that are very alchable! However you probably wont make all the money you spent on the monsters back.

Dust Devils

Dust Devils are great experience, they have very low defence and don’t hit very hard at all. Unfortunately there aren't any spots to cannon them in and it is key to note that there is multiple locations to fight them all that will be listed inside the task lists. You can camp at these monsters without using Guthans by utilising the Bones to Peaches spell. You need a face mask to survive against Dust Devils along with that gather the following:

armorfordustdevils.png

• - Slayer Helmet > Masked Earmuff > Facemask

invfordustiess.png

• - Bones to Peaches Tablets or Bunyip Pouches
    - Teleports
    - 2 Super Attack(4), Super Defence(4) and Super Strength(4) Potions
    - 17 Pineapple Pizza or Bunyip Pouches
    - Chisel
    - Alchs if you wish

The trick with Bones to Peaches is to hold off until you have picked up enough bones to fill your inventory completely. I also highly recommend that you take alchs with you against Dust Devils as they drop a lot of alchable items. Don't forget that dusties can also drop the coveted Dragon Chainbody! Yes its rare but I can tell you that I myself got it before I reached 85 Slayer. Also use the chisel on all gems you find as you will get quite a lot of them from Dust Devils.

Turoths

Turoths are pretty good experience and are pretty easy to kill in large numbers. Once again you will be using the bones to peaches method. One thing to know is that you need to use Leaf-bladed weapons against Turoths, all other weapons will be useless. I recommend that you get a Leaf-bladed sword for this task for its speed and much superior stats to the other leaf-bladed weapons, after you have obtained one of these gather the following:

armorforturoths.png

• - Slayer Helmet > Helm. of Neitizot
    - Leaf-bladed Sword > Leaf-bladed spear

invforturoths.png

• - Bones to Peaches Tablets or Bunyip Pouches
    - Teleports
    - 2 Super Attack(4), Super Defence(4) and Super Strength(4) Potions
    - 17 Pineapple Pizza or Bunyip pouches
    - Alchs if you wish

Turoths can drop lots of herbs in multiple clumps alongside some high level herb seeds that should make you decent money. They also sometimes drop leaf-bladed swords which can be difficult to sell and alch for some decent money. With experience you’ll learn how many Bones to Peaches tabs is right for you.

Dagganoth

Dagganoths are some of the fastest Slayer experience in the game. If you have a cannon these monsters are so fast that you can do a medium size task in 10-15 minutes giving you an insane experience rate. They are an easy task in general and you will need to gather the following:

armorfordustdevils.png

• - Slayer Helmet > Black Mask > Helm. of Neitizot

invfordag.png

- Teleports
    - 1 Super Attack(4), Super Defence(4) and Super Strength(4) Potions
    - 4 Pineapple Pizza
    - Enchanted Excalibur
    - Bunyip Pouch

Next set up your cannon on this spot:

dagcannon.png

The spot is very simple and it is right in the centre of the main dagganoth chamber in the bottom of the well. After that it is just a matter of killing all the monsters and gathering the very abundant amount of Herb seeds.

<Image of equipment here>

Bronze, Iron and Steel Dragons

These 3 dragons are being grouped together as they are very similar tasks and require very similar methods of killing each other. They are quote a long task and can sometimes be crowded because of how long they take to kill alongside all the campers. They are quite a difficult task and can be deadly, gather the following:

armorformetaldragons.png

- Proselyte Platebody > Monk Robe Top = Initiate Platebody
    - Proselyte Platelegs > Monk Robe Bottom = Initiate Platelegs
    - Chaotic Rapier > Zamorak Spear > Leaf-Bladed Sword > Abyssal Whip > Dragon Scimitar
    - Dragon Defender (Only with Super Antifires) > Dragonfire Shield > Anti-Dragon Shield
    - Soul Wars Cape > Ardougne Cape 3 > Trimmed Cape of Achievement > Fire Cape

invformetal.png

• -2 Super Attack & Super Strength potions
    -4 Antifire Potions or Super Antifire Potions
    -12 Prayer Potions
    -875 Coins (If you arent using Kuradal's Dungeon)
    -Any woodcutting axe (If you arent using Kuradal's Dungeon)
    -Teleport
    -Alchs if you want

The image is showing Super Antifire potions, normal Antifire potions are a much darker purple in color. The way you should kill any of these monsters is to drink a sip of your antifire and use the Protection from Melee prayer at the same time. This way you take no damage and can kill the most monsters per trip. I suggest you bring alchs to keep enough space in your inventory as the Dragons drop a high amount of rune items. They also quite often drop Dragon Platelegs or Plateskirt. You can also be incredibly lucky and get yourself a Dragonic Visage which is the monsters rarest drop. You can also choose to mage these monsters as they are susceptible to magic attacks. If you wish to do this then you need to change your armor to suit magic attacks, along with this replace all your prayer potions with some anti fire potions with some magic runes (Fire Bolt and higher attacks only). Then instead of staying close to the dragon keep a certain distance so that you do not get attacked with melee and only the dragons breath. Because of your shield and potion combination you will recieve no damage. If you have a high enough herblore level you can use Super Anti-Fire potions combined with a Zamorak spear to make your tasks go by very quickly. If you use this method you should note that if you run out of Fire defence and the dragons will hit you extremly hard, pay attention to your chatbox for the notification to let you know you need more potion. You can also fight these in Kuradal's dungeon and if you do you won't need all the extra items (Axe and Coins). Mithril Dragons are very similar to these Monsters, but they can also attack you with Range and Mage so I advise you get figure out your own inventory based on a few of your trips, but for equipment I suggest you wear high Mage defence armor and bring some food, you still use Protect from Melee but you won't be able to kill nearly as many dragons as you would steels or irons.

Jungle, Desert and Ice Strykewyrms

The Strykewyrms are all extremley similar and have very few differences (their levels, life points, the damage they deal with their burrow attack damage and the jungle wyrms can also poison you). The location of all the monsters are; Northwest of Oo'glog (for the Jungle wyrms), east of the Al Kharid Palace (for the Desert Strykewyrms) and for the Ice Strykewyrms are a little different, for them you firstly need to enter the Tales of the Muspah cave. Then enter the second room and block all 3 of the streams using a spade, finally the Wyrms are in the eastern cave inside the first room. One last bit of advice for the Wyrms is that they use both magic and melee attacks, this is the most important part, if a wyrm burrows underground run a short distance from your location as they are using their burrow attack which if it hits you will deal 300 life points of damage. They are quite a difficult task and can be deadly, gather the following:

armorforwyrms.png

- Bandos Chesplate > Fighter Torso
    - Bandos Tassets >Veracs Skirt
    - Dragon Defender > Dragonfire Shield > Obsidian Shield
    - Trimmed Cape of Achievement = Fire Cape (Necessary for Ice Wyrms unless you buy the ability to fight them without)

invforwyrms.png

-Enchanted Excalibur
    -2 Bunyip Pouches
    -1 Summoning Potion
    -Plenty of high level food or instead of Bunyips use Unicorns
    -Teleport
    -1 previously summoned Bunyip

Provided you follow the tips shown above you should be fine fighting these monsters. They drop great items and most of them are in notes which makes for even more profits. I really recommened you teleport if you drop below 350 life points. They can combo damage you for this much damage, if you have no food and are below this point definitely teleport out. Also don't be afraid to flash your prayers out, you will not(in most cases) do these tasks in 1 inventory unless you are very talented so don't be afraid to teleport out and refil your prayer/restock. Each of the Wyrms has a unique drop as well all worth quite a bit of money or you can add them to your slayer helm to make them useful on range or mage slayer tasks. Please note if you are fighting Jungle Wyrms then bring Super Anti poison potions, if you are fighting Ice Wyrms you are pretty good at this point and dont want my advice but you can use fire magic to deal massive damage combined with a +40 damage boost on each attack that you get for wearing a Fire Cape.

Gargoyles

Gargoyles are found in multiple locations and require you to use a Rock Hammer to deliver the finishing blow. They are quite a long task gather the following:

armorfordustdevils.png

- Bandos Chestplate > Fighter Torso > Rune Plate
    - Bandos Tassets > Dragon Platelegs/Skirt
    - Dragon Defender > Rune Defender > Dragonfire Shield > Obsidian Shield

invforgargoyles.png

-Enchanted Excalibur
    -2 Bunyip Pouches
    -1 Summoning Potion
    -Teleport
    -Rock Hammer

Gargoyles are a strange task, they are decent experience and have a medium amount of drops. The catch with Gargoyles is that they take a rather long amount of time to complete even using Piety, the main timewaster is right clicking each of those Gargoyles and smashing them with your rock hammer, this can be alleviated to some extent by learning the ability to autofinish monsters. These monsters drop 2 Unique Slayer items, Adamant Boots and Granite Mauls.

Aquanites

Aquanites are in one location only and that is in the Slayer cave, they use powerful magic attacks. Their most powerful magic attack has a special ability which will turn off your protective prayer. Gather the following:

dhideandvoid.png

• - Slayer Helmet
    - Karils Leatherbody > Black Dragonhide Body > Void Knight Top
    - Karils Leatherskirt > Void Knight Robe > Black Dragonhide Chaps
    - Dragon Boots = Ranger Boots > Snakeskin boots
    - Chaotic Rapier > Zamorak Spear > Abyssal Whip = Rune Crossbow
    - Dragon Defender > Rune Defender = Dragonfire Shield
    - Barrows Gloves
    - Ardougne Cape 3 > Trimmed Cape of Achievement = Ava's Accumulator = Fire Cape

invforaquanites.png

• -2 Super Attack & Super Strength potions or 3 Ranger Potions
    -Enchanted Excalibur
    -8 Prayer Potions
    -2 Bunyip Pouches/Unicorn Pouches
    -1 Summoning Potion
    -Teleport
    -1 previously summoned Bunyip or Unicorn
    -If you do not have a Unicorn bring Swallow Whole scrolls.

I recommend the Void Robe as it actually offers a greater Magic defence bonus than Black Dragonhide Chaps. I recommend unicorns instead of Bunyips for the reason that they use their special attack quite often and do deal quite a bit of damage despite your prayer. This monster drops the amulet of Ranging which is quite sought after for rangers in training. This monster is also weak to range attacks and stab if you wish to cater your inventory around that weakness. You can also use the Elite Void Armor which has a prayer bonus, however in order to use or obtain this you need to complete the grandmaster quest The Void Stares Back.

Nechryael

Nechryaels are found in the Slayer Tower and the Chaos Tunnels. They a decent task, they will not take you long and will offer you a decent experience rate. Gather the following equipment:

armorfordustdevils.png

invfornechaby.png

-Enchanted Excalibur
    -2 Bunyip Pouches
    -1 Summoning Potion
    -Teleport

The first thing to note about Nechryaels are that they summon Hell Spawns very often. They are little imp like monsters that deal small amounts of damage and can still attack you at the same time as the Nechryaels despite it not being a mutli attack zone. I recommend just ignoring them. Other than that Nechryaels are a very simple monster to beat and drop great items, mostly seeds and Rune Boots. They can also be range in the Chaos tunnels using Chinchompas for a very quick task with great ranging experience.

Abyssal Demon

Abyssal demons are in the Slayer Tower and Kuradal's Dungeon. The more adventurous people can also take them on in the Abyss, but I recommend if you are at this level that you are taking them on in Kuradal's Dungeon. Gather the following equipment:

armorfordustdevils.png

invfornechaby.png

-Enchanted Excalibur
    -3 Bunyip Pouches
    -1 Summoning Potion
    -Teleport

Abyssal Demons are surprisingly one of the easiest Slayer tasks. They attack with weak melee attacks and only have one special ability which is just an annoyance, they can teleport themselves around the room but this can be easily countered by turning on auto retaliate. There really isn't anything to teach when it comes to the Demons other than look out for that coveted black and red coil on the floor.

Spiritual Mages

Spiritual mages can only be found in the God Wars dungeon, and are surprisingly easy task. I suspect you read about the dungeon here. In my opinion the best place to kill the mages are found in the Zamorak part of the dungeon which is found by crossing the lake. Inside the area there are two spots to take on the Mages, one directly north of the entrance and the other right beside the boss door (careful not to click this door!). Gather the following equipment:

armorforzammywiz.png

- Amulet of Fury > Amulet of Glory
    -Chaotic Rapier > Abyssal Whip > Dragon Scimitar
    - Dragonfire Shield > Anti-Dragon Shield
    - Zamorak Arrow

invformage.png

-12 Prayer Potions
    -Teleport
    -2 Fire and Law Runes(For trollheim teleport)

These monsters are very straightforward to defeat, just use your Protect from mage spell the whole way through your time in the dungeon. Also you can interchange any piece of your equipment for a Zamorak item but you must keep that item equipped the whole time you are in the dungeon. Other than that just keep an eye on how much prayer points you have and look forward to those pretty red boots.

Dark Beasts

Dark beasts have two locations, they are found on the path to the Temple of Light and inside Kuradals dungeon. Gather the following equipment:

armorforabberants.png

- Fury Amulet > Stole of any God > Glory Amulet
    - Dragon Defender > Dragonfire Shield > Anti-Dragon Shield

invforbeast.png

-14 Prayer Potions
    -Teleport
    -Beast of Burden Pouch
    -Enchanted Excalibur
    -Full Mourners outfit(if you are going to kill them in the temple of light)

First things first, always add Prayer Potions into your beast of burden so that you can finish them in one task. Dark Beasts are always agressive, so you will always be attacked and it is worth to note that if you are outside of their melee range they will fire a magic attack against you. Other than that they are relatively easy to kill but do take quite a long time, and odds are you will not be able to kill them in one inventory, DO NOT FORGET YOUR MOURNERS OUTFIT IF YOU ARE GOING TO THE TEMPLE OF LIGHT or you will not be able to get to the beasts. Good luck on getting those Dark Bows.

Ganodermic Beasts

Ganodermic Beasts are one of the few Slayer monsters that you have to use magic on or they will not be hurt. Despite this they offer some pretty great experience as well as some nice drops. They can only be found in the Polypore dungeon which is located just north of the Duel Arena area. If you have a task of them gather the following equipment:

24zxfro.png

• - Full Slayer Helmet > Hexcrest
    - Arcane Stream Necklace > Amulet of Fury > Glory Amulet
    - Ahrim's Robe top > Mystic Robe top
    - Ahrim's Robe skirt > Mystic Robe bottom
    - Infinity Boots > Mystic Boots
    - Polypore Staff > Staff of Light
    - Mage Book > Blessed Spirit Shield
    - Barrows Gloves
    - Ring of your choice
    - Soul Wars cape > Trimmed Cape of Achievement

2emembd.png

• - Teleports
    - Vecna Skull
    - 12 Prayer Potions
    - 5 Sharks
    - Enhanced Excalibur

The monsters are incredibly easy to fight, the dungeon that you find them in is full of safe spots. If you are nervous about being there for the first time bring more sharks than prayer potions, but do not expect to finish an entire task in one inventory if you do this. To defeat the beasts just lure them over to a safe spot, whilst praying Protect from Magic/Deflect Magic and keep your distance, and just attack them with magic attacks. The Vecna Skull is optional and can be replaced with Extreme Magic Potions as they both do the same thing, the skull is just an option for those who cannot yet use Extreme Magic potions.

Section 8: Multi Tasking!

This section is all about what to do after your task and before you get a new one, your probobly thinking "Why don't I just get a new task straight away!? This is such a waste of experience!". Well you may be right, but surely you want to make a good chunk of extra profit every day for doing very little work? And maybe you want to do that clue you got on your last task, well this is a short and sweet section teaching you how to make best use of your time while doing this.

Clues

This is just a brief bit about Clue Scrolls, there is already a guide on how to do your clues which can be found here, but thats not what I want to talk about, I want to talk about layout and how to make doing the clues as fast as possible which is what you want slaying. There is one major thing you need to do and that is make a Treasure Trail bank tab, I don't for keeping all the drops you get, for all the emote clues that you have to do with odd requirements of items. Take a look at my tab:

cluetab.png

These are all the items you need to do hard clues, and I would advise you get them all! (From right to left: Watch, Chart, Sextant, Spade, Green D'Hide Vambs, Green D'Hide Body, Green D'Hide Chaps, Blue D'Hide Vambs, Blue D'Hide Body, Blue D'Hide Chaps, Diamond Ring, Amulet of Strength, Amulet of Defence, Amulet of Power, Fire Battlestaff, Air Staff, Elemental Shield, Elemental Helmet, Chaos Helmet, Blood'n'tar snelm, Snakeskin Boots, Snakeskin Chaps, Adamant Full Helmet, Adamant Medium Helmet, Adamant Square Shield, Adamant 2 handed Sword, Adamant Battleaxe, Bruise Blue Snelm, Bruise Blue Snelm, Mithril Medium Helm, Mithril Platelegs, Mithril Plateskirt, Machete, Splitbark Helm, Mud Pie, Hardleather Body, Iron Platebody, Silver Sickle, Bronze Hatchet, Rune Warhammer, Bone Spear, Boots of Lightness, Rune Pickaxe, Rune Hatchet, Rune Full Helmet, Rune Platebody and Rune Platelegs)

The next thing to look at is your inventory, and your equipment. Equipment is very simple, wear what you prefer, for me I like to use the light weight Black Dragonhide, along with an Amulet of Glory and Neitiznot (with my standard Slaying weapon and boots etc.), I use this so that when I get a Saradomin wizard popping up to attack me I can just switch protect from melee on and take very little damage. Now the inventory section is a bit wierder, it relies on you doing one of the biggest time save endavours you can do in runescape, turning your house into a teleport hub. You are probobly thinking I'm nuts right now but let me show you in picture form!

teleporthub.png

It isn't the easiest to see in this picture, but take a look anyway, right beside my entrance portal I have 3 Teleport rooms and an altar room. This allows me to only carry one item for teleporting around and saves bank and inventory space in everything you do, not just clues! The teleports you can create are; Varrok, Lumbridge, Canafis (Kharyrll), Falador, Ardougne, Camelot and Yanille). This allows you to have the following inventory whilst doing clues:

inventn.png

Thats all the help I can give you with clues, lets talk about doing Farming while you slay next!

Farming - Herb Runs

There really isn't much to say about herb runs, other than you can do them between your tasks to scrape that little bit of extra profit out of your time. The trick is to have herbs planted while you slay and when you have finished your task, go harvest them and replant. Why this works is a normal Slayer task takes around 1 hour 20 minutes which is enough time for your herbs to grow! Assuming you have your house turned into a teleport hub I would use the following inventory:

herbinvent.png

Lets explain the items in this invent and why you should use them:

• -4 Toadflax seed - I use Toadflax as it costs a tiny 100 gold per seed and offers you a herb that is 4000 gold in value, you can change this seed, but it should be a cheap seed with higher herb payouts (Spirit weed works also)
    -1 Snapdragon seed - This is your expensive seed, with higher payouts, to be used on the disease free patch that came from
My Arms Big Adventure. If you haven't done this quest, don't bring this seed.
-Magic Secateurs - These are obtained from the Fairy Tale Part 1 and increase your yield by 10%.
-Explorer's Ring - Obtained from completing the Lumbridge Tasks and gives you unlimited teleports to the falador farming spot.
-Ectophial - Obtained from the quest Ghost's Ahoy and gives you unlimited teleports to the a spot near the Canafis farming spot.
-Falador Shield 3 - Obtained from the Falador Tasks, it is not necessary at all and just offers bonus experience when harvesting from the falador farming spot.
-Runes - These allow you to cast Fertile soil, which just adds Supercompost to your patch (if you can't cast this spell, bring 5 buckets of supercompost).
-Standard Farming Equipment - Rake (for weeding), Seed Dibber (for planting) and Spade (for harvesting).
-Trollheim Teletab - This is obtained from the quest Love Story and is just the Trollheim Teleport (obtained from Eadgar's Ruse) for quicker transport to the disease free patch.
-2 House Teletab - This assumes you have your house set up as a hub, if not bring teleports to Ardougne and Camelot.

Doing the actual run is very easy:

• -Teleport using your explorers ring and run north, harvest the patch and replant.
    -Teleport to Trollheim and run west into the troll cave, run south towards a door then go through it. Then run north up the ladder and north once again. Harvest the patch and replant.
    -Teleport using your Ectophial, run west harvest the patch and replant.
    -Teleport to your house and go to Ardougne, run north, then east and harvest the patch and replant.
    -Teleport to your house and go to Camelot, run east and harvest the patch and replant.

Now to make sure you don't have to bank during all of this, if you clean the herb after you harvest them, you can use them on the Tool Leprechaun and he will conviently note them for you. You can do other farming jobs inbetween tasks but that's up to you!

Section 9: Other Perspectives, Submitting your tips and Final Notes

First of all thanks for reading my guide the whole way through and maybe if you aren't already that you will or are becoming an experienced Slayer and have your own hints and tips then we would be more than happy to recieve them. There are two ways to do this and both are found on the forums, firstly you can post in this forum and post your potential update to the guide. Secondly you can private message me personally on the forum by making an account and going to this page and clicking the 'Send Message' text and tell me about the update that you want to see on this guide, or if there is anything you want me to add to the guide.

All of the advice I have given is my personal experience and taste when it comes to slayer, you can edit the inventories or equipment the more experienced you get for example; because I have high melee stats I take very little healing to my tasks and just use the enhanced excalibur instead. You do not have to follow what I have suggested to the wire, these are just guidelines and will work for you on your tasks, but as time goes on new methods will be discovered and will make these outdated. Below are some tips from other slayers from Sals and they have answered a few questions to let you guys get their perspective on Slayer. Once again thanks for reading (if you did make it this far :grindteeth: ).

1. At what combination of Slayer Level and Combat Level would you say you started to reach high profits from your Slayer task?

130 cb / 85 Slayer ~Goggie

I profited all the way to 83, but at 83/85 the profit starts to pick up. ~Trey

Any level you are assigned dragons in any amount, or 60+ slayer when I believe they become profitable (at least moreso than usual monsters) ~Zazzy

110cb? 75 slay? ~Hilly

I personally didn't really profit until about 120 combat and 83 slayer, but it picked up after 83 ~Gocart

I think level 60 and Aberrant Spectres is where the money starts rolling in, I was around 110 combat at the time and would walk away with at least 300k profit from the herbs, even more when you add up the lava battlestaff and rune full drops. Gargoyles are another good task for profit early on, the occasional G Maul is nice but I found myself making a good profit with just the Black Mystic Top and Rune full helms drops. ~Donovan

i'd say about 115/83 slayer ~Mad Max

Around 130 combat ( only because I banditted for max melee before turning to slayer ), and 92/3 slayer, for some reason I find the loot only becomes commonplace around that. Though this is just my experience. ~Jethraw

Personally I'm high-level but profit very little on tasks. How much profit you gain from Slayer is dependent on how you Slay. In fact, lower CB levels will probably profit more from Slayer because they usually want to bank all the loot they see, do Clues, and not Cannon or use Stat-boosting prayers. Higher Slayer levels don't matter too much since high-level loot is worth far less than it was a few years ago (Whip, D boots, G maul, SOL, etc) Remember that you can spend Slayer Points on runes for Magic Dart, for some extra profit per task. ~Leaf

2. How many and which of your tasks do you recommend cannoning?

Bloodvelds, Abberant Spectres, Dagganoths, Dark Beasts if not using Kuradals ~Goggie

I don't cannon any tasks. ~Trey

Any of them that I could cannon tongue.gif But you get the most benefit out of cannoning dagannoths, mutated bloodvelds and abberant spectres ~Zazzy

all that can be cannoned except for monsters outside of kuradels ~Hilly

I recommend cannoning Dags, Black demons, and Suquahs ~Gocart

I didn't start cannoning tasks until after 99 and maybe a few before. Although by 96 Slayer I still hadn't done the quest required for Warped Tortoises and Terrorbirds, which are the main tasks I would recommend cannoning. I didn't find cannoning to be very fun, having to worry about refilling and the parts degrading never appealed to me. The experience may be faster, but I felt detached from the training and I know 99 Slayer would not have felt like such an achievement if I used a cannon as much as other people were. ~Donovan

bloodvelds/all wyrms/lrc(probs something i'm forgetting, it's been awhile) ~Mad Max

I cannon Abberants, Hellhounds, Mutated Bloodveld and Dagganoth. Though for any people who want to power slay or slay a little faster I'd recommend cannoning Dark beasts too. ~Jethraw

Cannon is always helpful if you are able to use it. Out of all Kuradal's tasks, I cannon Dagganoths, Mutated Bloodvelds, Hellhounds, Kalphites, Abberant Spectres, Black dragons, Black Demons, Desert Strykewyrms, and Living rock creatures. The best tasks to cannon are the first 5 I mentioned because they are in Multicombat. ~Leaf

3. Do you think that using the Prayer Piety or Turmoil is worth the extra costs for Slayer experience and do you still have high profit margins?

I use Turmoil, and yes ~Goggie

Yes, I piety on tasks that drop good items like gargs, abyssal demons, and dark beasts. I usually get a drop, and if I don't it doesn't matter because prayer potions are cheap. ~Trey

I do, maybe not at the lower levels where you aren't assigned the better tasks for profit, but when you begin using Kuradal, I think turmoil/piety is worth the cost. ~Zazzy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLVrMIu1XYY ~Hilly (This is a video from one of Sals top slayers, and one of the top in the world)

Yes I think piety is worth the extra cost, on many tasks you still profit enough to stay in the green ~Gocart

Not at all, the only time I would use piety would be when I was using a special attack. When I started using a SGS though, I found myself flicking a prayer on when I knew I could restore the points and while I was nearing the end of a task so I wasn't just wasting prayer points. With the price of Prayer potions now it may be more practical, but you're still using up at least 100k on a task that may not profit you much more than that. ~Donovan

i use them for metal drags/dbs/ice wyrms (really depends on how much you're willing to earn and how long you wish to spend on a task) ~Mad Max

I don't think prayer is worth it. With a teeny bit of luck you'll just about break even most tasks. But, then again, I don't power slay. ~Jethraw

Stat-boosting prayers are definitely worth it. At prices of 3-4k per Prayer potion, it would take about 150k-400k's worth of Prayer potions to save an hour of Slaying if you were not to use Piety. I can't give exact numbers because it depends on your armour - The higher your Prayer bonus is, the less it costs to pray because prayers will last longer. ~Leaf

4. Which tasks (if any) do you considor to be your favourite?

Dark Beasts, Abyssal Demons, Ice Strykewyrms, Dagganoths, Mith Dragons ~Goggie

Abyssal Demons, Dagannoths, Dust devils, Ice Strykewyrms, and spiritual mages. ~Trey

Dark beats (amg so fast) Abyssal demons (fo shiz noodlez) Any sort of metal dragon, ice strykewyrms, any type of demon, and gargoyles. (also cannonable tasks whnever I feel like it) ~Zazzy

Dark Beasts, irons/steels/miths ~Hilly

Dark Beasts and Steel dragons-Love them both ~Gocart

My favorite task is probably aberrant spectres, like I said before they were the first task I found to be really profitable. I had a rather high prayer level at the time so I was using at most 10 prayer potions per task, but it was well worth it for their drops and the speed of the drops even without using a cannon. My second would have to be Dark Beasts, not only because I have good luck there, but the fact that you don't even have to concentrate on the screen, just sit back and sip a prayer potion every once in a while. ~Donovan

dark beasts, uber fast xp and 100% afkable, abbys are fun too ~Mad Max

All metal dragons and abyssal demons. ~Jethraw

Dagganoth, Mutated Bloodveld, Nechryael, Iron/Steel dragons. ~Leaf

5. What tasks have you permenantly blocked and which do you frequently just skip?

Blocked:

Black Demons

Hellhounds

Wyverns

Jungle Strykewyrms

something

Frequently Skip:

Abberant Spectres

Living Rock (always skip)

Bloodveld

Gargoyles ~Goggie

I block LRC because they take too long and bloodvelds because I don't cannon, and they spawn in the slayer tower is always crowded. I frequently skip black demons, abberant spectres, and kalphites because they're not good without cannoning. ~Trey

Black demons (dun do dat but I was hatin for the time) Jungle/desert strykewyrms (I just don't like them) Blue dragons (I'm too lazy to pick up, but when/if I get a yak I might unblock) Kalphites (ogod) waterfiends (dun do dat either, but I cba'd) I really skip just whatever I don't feel like doing at the time, no real preference (I would just block them anyways) ~Zazzy

Wyverns, kalphite, lrc. want to block warped probs - dont skip any ~Hilly

Blocked: terror dogs, everything else is fair game ~Gocart

Currently I have Wyverns, Scabarites, Terror Dogs, and Waterfiends blocked, but I wouldn't recommend blocking waterfiends until after 99 Summoning. I can't remember ever frequently skipping a task, some were worse than others but I still wanted to do them. I even did Zygomites, although they were uncommon and close to Chaeldar so I didn't mind. ~Donovan

warped t-birds/skele wyverns/kalphite/warped torts/lrc i skip wfs and t-dogs as i don't need charms and t-dogs kind of got to be in the mood for ~Mad Max

Living Rock Creatures, Scarabites, Kalphite, Blue Dragons and I forget the other one tongue.gif

I generally skip stupid tasks such as Suqahs. I also currently skip spiritual mages and cannon tasks, but that's only because at 18m XP i've lost the will to slay monsters I can't semi-afk ~Jethraw

Blocked (Slayer master Kuradal): Warped Tortoise, Gargoyle, Jungle Strykewyrm, Wyverns, Dust devils, Aquanites(not unlocked)

Always cancel: Spirit Mages, Terror Dogs, Suqah, Wyverns

Sometimes cancel: Fire giants, Kalphite, Living Rock creatures ~Leaf

Edited by Azarath

Nice guide :grindteeth: I'll could get the cannon spot for Abby specs, maybe Kalphites.

Just a question - Why 99 cape over Fire cape for every task?

Nice guide :grindteeth: I'll could get the cannon spot for Abby specs, maybe Kalphites.

Just a question - Why 99 cape over Fire cape for every task?

Personal preference of mine, I prefer defensive stats +prayer bonus (for flashing prayers in emergency/berzerker) over the small bonus the fire cape offers.

EDIT: Also thanks for any help you can give with the guide, Im sure a 99 Slayer would have some tips for the gang (only 94 here).

Edited by Azarath

Good luck with this guide!

At the section titled 'Jungle, Desert and Ice Strykewyrms' it seems that the BBcode is a little messed up. :grindteeth:

Good luck with this guide!

At the section titled 'Jungle, Desert and Ice Strykewyrms' it seems that the BBcode is a little messed up. :madsing:

Just noticed that myself :grindteeth: Ill fix it now.

Er, the spoiler tags didn't work? :grindteeth:

Great you've managed to get yourself runescape
some of the toughest monsters in runescape,

runescape should be RuneScape

you dont need this for anything but

dont should be don't OR do not

The cannon makes alot of tasks

alot should be a lot (There are more than one occasions of this mistake in the guide)

manged to stay on route and not

manged should be managed

However you will not start recieving points until you

recieving should be receiving

assigns very low leveled monsters.

leveled should be levelled

skipping him out completly.

completly should be completely

found in the edgeville dungeon.

Should have a capital E

85 combat and 35 slayer.
Duradel requires 100 combat and 50 slayer.
Kuradel requires 110 combat and 75 slayer.

Capital S (There are more than one occasions of this mistake in the guide)

are not worth the hastle you have

hastle should be hassle

They hit massivly hard and

massivly should be massively

are deemed extremly dangerous,

extremly should be extremely

never protect completly

completly should be completely

I'm not even halfway through.

This is going to take a long time :grindteeth:

Edited by Ambo100

noticed a few things certain familiars such as pack yak, unicorn stallion, and bunyip can only attack when attacked

also you need to convert things to lp now :grindteeth:

leveled should be levelled

Leveled is correct in the United States; quite a few Sal's guides use U.S. spellings.

Yeah I know, I just didn't realise that it was like that in America :grindteeth:

Add SW cape for tasks where you pray protect prayers, and for DBS, maybe add a beast of burden with prayer pots so you could do them in one trip.

Edited by Jacky

Updated spelling errors, and I made an updated post of all the pictures need, im working on the inventories now.

I'm back to Slaying now, so I can get lot of help with pictures :grindteeth:

Please we really need pictures, I cant make them myself as I dont have bandos :grindteeth:

Very minor thing, but complete FTP2 isn't required for full use of fairy rings; you have to get to the part where you use them in the quest.

Edited by packman9898

Nechryael

Nechryaels are found in the Slayer Tower and the Chaos Tunnels. They a decent task, they will not take you long and will offer you a decent experience rate. Gather the following equipment:

They're

With all of this you should complete the whole task in under 30 minutes! Which leads for some fast experience and alongside that you should make profit off the herb drops and Pure Essence which comes noted!

Less than 30 mins. Also, the second "Sentance" of that isn't really one.. You can't start with "Which leads for"

Basilisks are very weak monsters but offer some fast experience, all you will need is some decent melee armour and of course a Mirror Shield do not forget this, you will lose all your stats otherwise

Basilisks are very weak monsters, but they offer some fast experience. All you will need is some decent melee armour, and a Mirror Shield. Do not forget this, without a Mirror Shield the basilisks will lower your stats.

However you probably wont make all the money you spent on the monsters back.

"Won't."

Unfortunatly there isn’t any spots to cannon them

Unfortunately there aren't.

Pick up lots of stuff off of Basilisks, they drop a lot of Rune Daggers that are very alchable

.. Eh?

Lots of good items drop from Basilisks, like Rune Daggers, which are very good to alch..

I'm not sure what to put.. just; not what you put. :grindteeth:

[abberant]

It's aberrant.

Proselyte Platebody = Monk Robe Top

I believe Proselyte is better.

Dark Beasts are always agressive

Aggresive.

always add Prayer Potions into your darkbeast

Always bring Prayer Potions for your Dark Beast tasks.

and it is worth to note that

It is worth noting that.

if you aren't already that you will or are becoming an experienced Slayer

What?

we would be more than happy to recieve

Receive.

. Kuradel is the highest level Slayer master and assigns the biggest taks

You've interchanged American and English spellings throughout the guide - I.E. you've used "Armour" and "Armor," and both "Centre" and "Center" Pick one and stick with it.

You also have some "runescape" left in.

You should put a space between a word and the opening of a bracket.

Do you have a Word Processor with spellcheck? ^.^

There are way more than that, that's just from a quick look through..

Edited by Mano

Proselyte Platebody = Monk Robe Top

Actually, the platebody gives one or two more pray bonus than the robe top. Just thought you might like to know.

EDIT: For aberrant spectres, I can fill a tortoise and my inventory up full, using only 2 prayer potions. However, I do have a +27 prayer bonus (prossy top/bottom, Fally shield 3, Ardy cape 2, Glory), using a whip, d boots, barrows gloves, and a slayer helm, with 75 prayer, 84 attack, and 85 strength.

Also, I find that using a leaf-bladed sword on iron and steel dragons does much better for me than a whip.

That's all I can see, but I only have 74 slayer. :huh:

Edited by Mr Game and Watch

For the Void part under aquanites, you need void gloves for the void set to work.

I have an updated version with grammar fixes sitting in MSword, just waiting for some pictures before I update :3

I have an updated version with grammar fixes sitting in MSword, just waiting for some pictures before I update :3

What pictures do you need and are there any that aren't pics of armour? :huh:

What pictures do you need and are there any that aren't pics of armour? :huh:

Pictures:

Banshee cannon spot

kalphite, armor, invent and cannon spot

Aberrant Spectres, armor, invent, cannon spot

basilisks, armor, invent, cannon spot

dust devils, armor, invent

Turoth, armor, invent

dags, armor, invent, cannon spot

metal dragons, invent, armor

wyrms, armor, invent

gargpoyles, armor, invent

aquanites, armor, invent

nechs, armor, invent

abyssal demons, armor, invent

spirit mage, armor, invent

dark beasts, armor, invent

Thats what we need.

FROM AUGUST 5TH IM MOVING INTO MY NEW HOUSE, PLEASE DO NOT LOCK THIS THREAD AS MY INTERNET SITUATION WILL NOT BE CERTAIN BUT AS SOON AS I RETURN I WILL CONTINUE WORK.

Edited by Azarath

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.