Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Azarath

Slayer Hints And Tips

- Bandos Tassets >Veracs Skirt > Bandos Tassets

On the Strykwyrm Section

The New sections good :( and maybe Say How your house should be layed out, same with your bank, etc for slayer..

Bank is a tricky thing to lay out :D I have 2 tabs for slay and its pretty hard to explain where i put what items, basically stackables (and other junk) and then my one items (like bandos and stuff).

What about powerslaying?I know doom started a guide on it ages ago but I dont think he ever finished it, and I could just throw in some basic tips on doing it in the guide, like p pots and mixing in prayer gear.

I also think a special assignment section would be good (like kuras jad and duradals slayer tower) what do you guys think about that as a section?

Finally, do people want to know about range slaying?

"Bonecrasher: The Bonecrusher (34000 tokens) isn't necessary at all, but it does do a very monotonous task for you. It burys all the bones that monsters drop for you and you get 100% of the experience, not advisable on Dragon tasks as there bones are quite valuable."

There bones -> Their Bones

Looking Good Aza!

"Bonecrusher: The Bonecrusher (34000 tokens) isn't necessary at all, but it does do a very monotonous task for you. It burys all the bones that monsters drop for you and you get 100% of the experience, not advisable on Dragon tasks as their bones are quite valuable."

Fixed :( Sorry :D

Typos on the first Bonecrusher and there -> their

burys-»buries

...its time to do a few more quests aswell as potentially buying some new...

aswell->as well

...70 Defence there is a few new things you should consider buying...

is->are

...aswell as stats...

two words...

...Helmet of Neitzot...

Neitiznot

...offering better bonus'...

bonuses- you are not showing possession

...none of which can be Turael....

Turael is not a task. Should be "...none of which can be assigned by Turael..." or some variation.

...useful as a light travelling armor and....

travelling-> traveling

...will offer you lessar prizes like unlocking new Slayer monsters.

lessar-> lesser

...Gives access to Killerwats.

Killerwats-> Killerwatts

...update on your Salyer point total.

Slayer

... so thats when I suggest you start utilising them in battle.

thats-> that's (this is a contraction so the apostrophe is necessary) utilising-> utilizing

...none of which can be Turael....

...but it is most definitly worth that price.

definitly-> definitely

...to 14 Lessar Demons.

Lesser

Unfortunatly there isn’t any spots to cannon...

Unfortunatly-> Unfortunately isn't-> aren't

I kinda got bored halfway through but one thing is strongly suggest you tidy up on is your consistency. For example, I noticed in some cases you left the proper noun "guthans" not capitalized while in other cases, you capitalized the G. Technically it should be "Guthan's" but I'm not too picky about that; just make sure that you keep it consistent. You also flip-flopped on the spelling of "armor/armour" and quite a few other terms. For many of these, It doesn't matter which you pick, just make sure you keep it consistent throughout. Also, you have a lot of run-on sentences that should be divided with either periods or semicolons while you use commas. Remember if there are two separate thoughts, they should be divided. On the other hand, in some situations you neglect to use commas altogether.

Here is one example:

Now that you have been slaying for a while its time to take off that old armor and do some upgrading, by this section I suspect that you have managed to have obtained a few levels; 70 Defence, 70 Attack, 70 Strength, 70 Range and 35 Slayer.

In the first chunk of this excerpt, there are two separate clauses: "Now that you have been slaying for a while" and "its time to take off that old armor and do some upgrading" and thus should be divided by a comma in the middle. I strongly recommend that you put a period after "upgrading" since you are moving on to a new thought. Also, the semicolon should be replaced with a colon because a semicolon separates two distinct thoughts that can stand alone as sentences.

Sorry, I know I sound like your 5th grade teacher right now but I really like this guide and the direction its going in. Yes, I am a major Grammar Nazi but, believe me, I only want to help because I really enjoy this skill and the guide you are writing.

Edited by Funny Bunny

This whole guide is heavily skewed towards melee - it doesn't even mention range...

Rune Boots > Climbing Boots > Boots of Lightness

-A supply of teleport runes > A supply of teleport tabs

Dragon boots > Rune boots > Rock Climbing boots > Adamant boots > Boots of Lightness

Teleport tabs do the same as runes and take less inv space - change the > sign to an = sign?

If you have managed to obtain 70 Attack an Abyssal whip is now the weapon for you, but you should note that the Dragon Scimmy will still suffice and the whip cannot train your strength stat unless it is giving controlled experience.
The Saradomin Sword, Korasi's Sword, and Brackish Blade all deserve some attention. Note that the Brackish blade has the same stats as D Scim, but with Stab and Slash accuracy inverted, but more importantly DOES NOT REQUIRE QUESTS to wield.

-If you have managed to obtain 70 Defence there is a few new things you should consider buying; firstly you should try and scramble the money together in order for you to afford a set of Guthans Barrows armor, this armor will be a key tool for you to advance through Slayer quickly allowing you to complete tasks in just 1 trip with its amazing effect.
Guthans is not nearly as useful these days. Bunyips or Bones to Peaches tabs offer more than enough healing on pretty much all tasks, and remember that Guthans may miss or fail to activate right when you need it.

-Black Mask - This item has the Slayer in mind with its amazing ability, I strongly recommend seeking out this mask even with its high price tag it should be your first priority. This item equips to your face, and whilst during Slayer tasks gives you a 15% boost to Attack and Strength which is just like praying with boosters during a whole task!
Add a note that stat-boosting Prayers stack with this item. You should mention Ultimate Strength/Chivalry/Piety somewhere in the guide.

Now a set of quests will follow with reasons as to why you should do them, the first list will be quests that you should aim to definitly complete, whilst the second list will only be recommended as they will offer you lessar prizes like unlocking new Slayer monsters.

Required Quests:

(list)

You forgot to mention the temple knight quests for the best Pray-boosting armour (Proselyte). Can't remember all them off the top of my head, think it's Recruitment Drive, Wanted, Sea Slug, Slug Menace?

Along with equipment Herblore should be increasing gradually aswell. You don't need to have extreme potions by this point, but I would recommend you invest some of your rewards from Slayer into this skill. Herblore is extremely important in the late game and can drastically increase the speed at which you slay for a small increase in price.
Mention by name the potions that will be useful for Slaying. Super antifire, Extreme Att/Str, Extreme Def, and Extreme Ranging.

-Learn how to deal killing blows quicker - Awards an automatic kill on monsters that previously required an item to use on them(you still need music)
Huh? music?

-Never Assign - Cancels your current tasks and adds it to a list of 4 possible tasks(5 if you have 200 QP) that can never be assigned again. You may cancel the blocking of a task with the X but you will not be refunded any of the points you spent.
To clarify, it's 1 Block slot per 50 Quest Points earned, capping at 5/250QP.

Slayer Helmet & Ring of Slaying

The Slayer Helmet is a very useful item when it comes to Slayer, I've already explained what it is comprised off but to really understand how good it is you need to know that you never have to take it off whilst slaying. It works for every task and is useful for all of them, on top of that it has a great defensive stat bonus.

Clarification: Slayer helm has the same stats as a Rune Full helm while giving no negative bonus to Range and Magic attack. Besides convenience, its greatest use is for those tasks where you would otherwise need special headgear (e.g. Dust Devils) because it provides the 15% accuracy and damage bonus of a Black Mask in addition to the protection of special headgear.

The Slayer helmet requires 55 Crafting to make - boosts may be used, but NOT THE ASSIST SYSTEM.

The Ring of Slaying is another very useful tool which can be crafted at level 75 crafting after you have bought the right to do so. It can let you check your remaining total on the task aswell as give you an update on your Salyer point total. Not only that but it, like the ring of dueling, has 8 charges that will teleport you to the following locations:
Rewrite this whole section to:

The Ring of Slaying can be crafted with a Gold Bar and an Enchanted Gem (bought from any slayer master for 1 coin). It is not made of Dragonstone as some people may think. 75 Crafting is required for this - boosts or the Assist system may be used. When crafted, the Ring of Slaying has 8 charges, which can be used to teleport to the following locations:

Canifis Slayer Tower

Relleka Slayer Caves

Sumona in Pollniveach

Tarn's Lair (after the Lair of Tarn Razorlor Miniquest)

In addition to this, the Ring acts as an Enchanted gem as well, it can be used to check how many more monsters you need to slay - THIS DOES NOT USE UP CHARGES.

When 8 charges are used up, the Ring reverts to an Enchanted gem and can no longer be worn.

Strong Familiars

Summoning introduced a variety of familiars that will now help you out in battle and even donate their experience to you. They will only really be helping you from about 90 combat + so thats when I suggest you start utilising them in battle:

(list)

To Clarify: Combat familiars can only be used in Multicombat areas. It is helpful to set you Summoning icon's left-click option to "Attack" to ensure your familiar helps you fight.

• Gem Bag: The Gem Bag costs 2000 tokens and all it does is let you add up to 100 Uncut gems (Sapphire, Emerald, Ruby and Diamond only) so that it doesn't take up and inventory space.
On the contrary, it takes up one inventory space. It is up to the slayer to decide if the ability to store gems is worth the loss of one inventory space.

The final and most important reward is the Chaotic Rapier, it costs a staggering 200000 tokens but it is most definitly worth that price. It is the go to weapon for every Slayer task and means you don't need to ever change your weapon no matter the task. It increases the amount of damage you deal (at the same speed as the Abyssal Whip!) which speeds up all of your tasks. As a priority I would say as you slay, try and do some dungeons and get this weapon!
It is misleading to say you don't need to ever change your weapon. In particular, Waterfiends are slightly weaker to a Saradomin Sword (on Crush style).

Next set your cannon up in this spot:

abbycannon.png

It would be helpful to take a picture of this spot in HD, because there is a chain on the floor that clearly marks the best place to put the cannon.

1. At what combination of Slayer Level and Combat Level would you say you started to reach high profits from your Slayer task?

2. How many and which of your tasks do you recommend cannoning?

3. Do you think that using the Prayer Piety or Turmoil is worth the extra costs for Slayer experience and do you still have high profit margins?

4. Which tasks (if any) do you considor to be your favourite?

5. What tasks have you permenantly blocked and which do you frequently just skip?

My personal answers to these questions, if you can be bothered to add them in. If you do add them, sign it with -Leaf- or Slashed Leaf, not my current display name.

1. Personally I'm high-level but profit very little on tasks. How much profit you gain from Slayer is dependent on how you Slay. In fact, lower CB levels will probably profit more from Slayer because they usually want to bank all the loot they see, do Clues, and not Cannon or use Stat-boosting prayers. Higher Slayer levels don't matter too much since high-level loot is worth far less than it was a few years ago (Whip, D boots, G maul, SOL, etc) Remember that you can spend Slayer Points on runes for Magic Dart, for some extra profit per task.

2. Cannon is always helpful if you are able to use it. Out of all Kuradal's tasks, I cannon Dagganoths, Mutated Bloodvelds, Hellhounds, Kalphites, Abberant Spectres, Black dragons, Black Demons, Desert Strykewyrms, and Living rock creatures. The best tasks to cannon are the first 5 I mentioned because they are in Multicombat.

3. Stat-boosting prayers are definitely worth it. At prices of 3-4k per Prayer potion, it would take about 150k-400k's worth of Prayer potions to save an hour of Slaying if you were not to use Piety. I can't give exact numbers because it depends on your armour - The higher your Prayer bonus is, the less it costs to pray because prayers will last longer.

4. Dagganoth, Mutated Bloodveld, Nechryael, Iron/Steel dragons.

5. Blocked (Slayer master Kuradal): Warped Tortoise, Gargoyle, Jungle Strykewyrm, Wyverns, Dust devils, Aquanites(not unlocked)

Always cancel: Spirit Mages, Terror Dogs, Suqah, Wyverns

Sometimes cancel: Fire giants, Kalphite, Living Rock creatures

Ouch I typed a lot at once.

Edited by -Leaf-

Bandos Tassets >Veracs Skirt > Bandos Tassets

On the Strykewyrm section (third time if posted this, fix it!)

-Learn how to deal killing blows quicker - Awards an automatic kill on monsters that previously required an item to use on them(you still need music)

What does music have to do with it!?

Ok then we have a new list of needed pictures :

All cannon locations in HD

Ill get onto making all the corrections you and byz put out, but I need some help getting the pictures.

idk where basilisk are

bansheeq.png

spece.png

I don't get what you were saying about the power slaying part. I wish he would show him power slaying and not just him opening and closing the bank. Did I miss him doing it or something? I watched the whole thing.

I don't get what you were saying about the power slaying part. I wish he would show him power slaying and not just him opening and closing the bank. Did I miss him doing it or something? I watched the whole thing.

Look at his other vids, thats him saying what it is, he has guides on every task.

Do a cntrl+F for "aswell" because you still have it in the guide in multiple places.

Ok you’ll be needing your...

Ok-> Okay

...drops focus on Rannars and high level herb seeds.

Rannars-> Ranarrs

This spot is just west of the largest Stalagmite in the centre of the room...

Stalagmite should be lowercased; it's not a proper noun. Centre is only used in Britain. It's up to you whether you choose to change it I think most people would know what it means.

...drop a lot of aclhable items...

alchable

... coveted Dragon Chainmail...

Chainbody

Slayer Helmet > Helm. of Neitzot

Neitiznot

Also there need not be a period after Helm

After this point something happened because I no longer get red squiggly lines under your typos. Might finish later with the spellcheck.

Section 9:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-z0GnUvKZY ~Hilly (This is a video from one of Sals top slayers, and one of the top in the world)

^ Youtube video has been removed by the user.. just wanted to point that out. :(

What about that vid? what does it have to do with anything i said?

Section 9:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-z0GnUvKZY ~Hilly (This is a video from one of Sals top slayers, and one of the top in the world)

^ Youtube video has been removed by the user.. just wanted to point that out. :(

The vids removed, he was just telling me to add the updated one.

Section 9:

The vids removed, he was just telling me to add the updated one.

My bad, forgot what I posted originally.

You spelled Bonecrusher "Bonecrasher" in the list of helpful Dungeoneering items.

Are you gonna update this any more?

yeh i just have other priorities currently. and i have plenty of time to update it, it wont even be checked til the site update happens so i can take my time on it.

Idk if this has been mentioned, but I'm thinking that the Forinthy dungeon for hellhounds is better then Taverly resource dungeon.

The thing I dont like about Taverly is that there is a massive rock, which heavily blocks your cannon, while in the Wildy dung there isnt one that blocks your cannon. If you dont wanna risk, take Ardy cape 3/ 4 (stab 4 rapier), prossy, str/glory ammy. You only like about 10 str bonus/10 att.

Although it does take a while to get there

I'll get xp/h rates later

Oh if not mentioned do Greaters in wildy dung. I had 500k risk and doing 250 greaters in 20 minutes was so worth it.

Idk if this has been mentioned, but I'm thinking that the Forinthy dungeon for hellhounds is better then Taverly resource dungeon.

The thing I dont like about Taverly is that there is a massive rock, which heavily blocks your cannon, while in the Wildy dung there isnt one that blocks your cannon. If you dont wanna risk, take Ardy cape 3/ 4 (stab 4 rapier), prossy, str/glory ammy. You only like about 10 str bonus/10 att.

Although it does take a while to get there

I'll get xp/h rates later

I imagine that the benefit of using forinthry over taverly is far less for hellhounds than greaters, to the point that it might not be worth it. Hellhounds can at least be cannoned in the resource dungeon and is multicombat, even if you can't hit all of them without some retreating. Not to mention that you can't use exts in the forinthry place. The XP rate might be marginally better, but it's not worth the risk.

Greaters, on the other hand, can't be cannoned anywhere else, and I don't believe there is any place where you can use a titan either.

setup1q.png

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7384/setup1q.png]

I managed to do 66 iron dragons in 28 minutes with this setup (had a Zamorak Spear instead of rapier though) with Overloads. One dose of Overload is 5 minutes, while one dose of Super Antifire is 6 minutes. So should only need two of each for a task of Iron dragons I guess. Haven't had the chance to test it out on Steels yet. Not sure if I counted right, but only needed ~6 normal four-dose prayer potions Turmoiling and praying Deflect Melee while flashing Soul Split to heal from Overload. I did use a Reverence Aura though. Here's inventory picture for Kuradal's and gear. Needs cropping.

setup5kuradragons.png

setup4inventory.png

setup2g.png

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8869/setup2g.png

I used this for an Abyssals task @ Kuradal's. Constant Turmoil and Soul Split to heal. Verac's helps with the prayer usage, but I guess if you were super-efficient you'd replace it with Bandos at the cost of using more prayer potions.

setup3.png

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6108/setup3.png

General strength I guess, but don't use this anymore since I use Verac's where I Turmoil without protecting from Melee.

Got bored and got Rapier recently soo... :D

Might also want to add in Reverence aura/Steadfast boots (which I don't have). :(

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.