Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Twist of Fate

Ancient Effigies

Ancient Effigies

Written by: ThePerfecttSet

Special thanks to: mad max, Tuff tiga, Sofee, Mr FANG, Dj Danny, Ambo100, Silverwhite, El Zion, Luke1, Dj Danny, Joyful Lemon, Jacky, Dr Skull, Yoyoma, Lol

Introduction

Ancient Effigies are a Distraction and Diversion event that rewards you with knowledge or experience, depending on your level. Ancient Effigies are dropped by certain monsters and require a certain level in one of two skills to be nourished. Once you have completed an Effigy, you will be rewarded with a Dragonkin Lamp, which will award experience depending on the level of the skill you choose.

If you need effigy assistance but do not want to go searching around Runescape, there are clan chats that you can enter to ask for assistance. "Assistclan", "Effigies CC" and "FFDN". (FFDN used for Runecrafting only) Also, world 117 Daemonheim is a popular place for effigy assistance.

Table of Contents

The Basics

Stages

Skill Requirements

Monsters

The Basics

The Effigy can be nourished by using one of two skills that it requires. The two skills that you will come across are a skill that can be assisted, and one that cannot be. If you do not have the required level for that Effigy's stage, you may find a player that does and they may help you by using the Assist System. You will not get the experience from the Effigy if you've used a player for assist, but your Effigy will get the knowledge needed to advance in it's stage.

There are no set requirements to receive an Effigy as a drop and you may have more than one at a time. An Effigy is considered a rare drop, and the higher leveled monsters seem to drop them more frequently than the lower leveled monsters. Since it is not tradeable, nor does it have a price, using a Ring of Wealth will not increase the chances of getting an Effigy drop. Effigies can be banked, but they are not stackable.

Stages

When you get an Effigy drop, it will be in the "Starved" stage since it has not received any knowledge yet. There are four stages in an Effigy.

314tezt.jpgStarved Effigy- You will need to have level 91 in one of the skills provided to investigate. After being investigated, it becomes nourished and rewards 15,000 experience in the skill you chose.

314tezt.jpgNourished Effigy- You will need to have level 93 in one of the skills provided to investigate. After being investigated, it becomes sated and rewards 20,000 experience in the skill you chose.

314tezt.jpgSated Effigy- You will need to have level 95 in one of the skills provided to investigate. After being investigated, it becomes Gorged and rewards 25,000 experience in the you chose.

314tezt.jpgGorged Effigy- You will need to have level 97 in one of the skills provided to investigate. After being investigated, it rewards 30,000 experience in the skill you chose, and crumbles to dust leaving behind a Dragonkin Lamp. 5lpgms.png

A player who has completed an entire Effigy is given 90,000 experience. The formula for how much experience the Dragonkin Lamp gives is as follows:

X= Skill level

effigyformula.png

Skill Requirements

The requirements for the four stages of the Effigy require levels 91, 93, 95, and 97 in the various skills provided. Just as it was stated above, the Assist System can be used so that anybody can complete an Effigy. Players who do not have the level, or players who are assisting can use boosts to give them the level needed. If you do not have the required level and do not want to take the time to search for someone to assist you, Historian Minas in the Varrock Museum will take the Effigy and give you an experience lamp granting 5,000 experience to any skill above 50.

Here are the different types of Effigies that you can receive. The first skill mentioned can be assisted and the second skill cannot be.

-Crafting is paired with Agility

-Construction is paired with Theiving

-Cooking is paired with Firemaking

-Farming is paired with Fishing

-Fletching is paired with Woodcutting

-Herblore is paired with Hunter

-Smithing is paired with Mining

-Runecrafting is paired with Summoning

Monsters

It is recommended to do Kuradal's Slayer tasks to get Ancient Effigies, as all assignments except Spiritual mages drop them. The following is a list of monsters that can drop Effigies. Remember that the higher level the monster is, the higher the chance that you will get an Effigy.

Aberrant spectre

Abyssal demon

Abyssal guardian

Abyssal walker

Ankou

Aquanite

Armoured zombie

Baby black dragon

Baby blue dragon

Banshee

Basilisk

Black demon

Black Dragon

Black Knight

Bloodveld

Bloodworm

Blue dragon

Brine rat

Bronze dragon

Brutal green dragon

Catablepon

Cave crawler

Cave horror

Chaos dwogre

Chaos dwarf hand cannoneer

Cockroach soldier

Commander Zilyana

Corporeal Beast

Dagannoth

Dark beast

Deadly red spider

Desert strykewyrm

Dust devil

Earth warrior

Elf warrior

Fire giant

Flesh Crawler

Frost Dragon

Gargoyle

General Graardor

Ghoul

Giant mole

Giant Rock Crab

Gnoeals

Goblin

Greater demon

Green dragon

Harpie bug swarm

Hill giant

Hellhound

Hobgoblin

Ice Giant

Ice strykewyrm

Ice warrior

Infernal Mage

Iron dragon

Jelly

Jungle horror

Jungle strykewyrm

Kalphite guardian

Kalphite Soldier

Kalphite queen

Kalphite worker

Killerwatt

King Black Dragon

Kree'arra

K'ril Tsutsaroth

Kurask

Living rock patriarch

Living rock protector

Living rock striker

Mithril dragon

Moss giant

Mummy

Mutated bloodveld

Nechryael

Ogre

Pyrefiend

Red dragon

Rock crab

Shadow warrior

Skeletal Wyvern

Skeleton

Steel dragon

Suqah

Terror dog

Tormented demon

Tormented wraith

Turoth

TzHaar-Ket

TzHaar-Xil

Vampire

Warped tortoise

Waterfiend

Werewolf

Yeti

Zamorak warrior

Zombie

Edited by ThePerfecttSet

the formula is(x=skill lvl)

x^3-2x^3+100x

--------------------

ur forumula is right just format for it isn't user friendly imo

Edited by mad max

The reguirements for the four stages

reguirements > requirements

Here are the different types of Effigies that you can recieve.

recieve > receive

Edited by Ambo100

Monsters

All of Kuradal's Slayer Assignments besides Spiritual Mages drop Ancient Effigies.

You say that and then put the monsters that Kuradel assigns in the list anyway, seems a little unnessecary, maybe say:

It is reccomended to do Kuradel slayer tasks to get Ancient Effigies as all tasks accept Spiritual mages drop them. (Word it better than me :grindteeth: )

I thought the formula was x^3-x^2+100*x/20 since you said in the second part the skill is multiplied by itself twice and not multiplied by 2 and that number multiplied by itself 3 times.

Edited by Dj Danny

Add frost dragon to the list of droppers

Updated, thank you. :huh:

Also:

Monsters

It is reccomended to do Kuradel's Slayer tasks to get Ancient Effigies, as all assignments except Spiritual mages drop them. The following is a list of monsters that can drop Effigies. Remember that the higher level the monster is, the higher the chance that you will get an Effigy.

Change to: Recommended

Ancient Effigies are dropped by certain monsters and require a certain level in a skill to be nourished.

v

v

Ancient Effigies are dropped by certain monsters and require a certain level in one of two skills to be nourished.

yeah one last thing.

add a chart with a list of boosts

grab it from rune wiki as this chart helps with levels.

You sure its necessary though? I'd rather not rip stuff lols

Edited by Twist of Fate

You sure its necessary though? I'd rather not rip stuff lols

Its up to you. Its ur guide but if u r give credit to runewiki(somehow lol)

Here if you want the chart:

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1526/chartfn.png

you have to zoom if u want better quality for some odd reason lol

ask around or something

Edited by pk forever

That formula gave me a negative number... I don't know if I did it wrong.

Yeah can we have more people check the formula? Preferably someone who can either definitely do it the right way or figure out what the real one is. I did a formula a while back and got the right answer but I forgot what it was.

I'm pretty sure its just Skill level to the 3rd power minus 100 divided by 20

yeah srry bout the formula

try this:

x^3-100

----------

I'm pretty sure its just Skill level to the 3rd power minus 100 divided by 20

i used tht to help with the formula test it.

should be close

I just got an effigy. Gonna waste the lamp on a 99 and figure out which formula is right (This should take me a while :huh:).

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.