Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Protoss

Bank Cleaning

Question

Ok. This is pretty much my current bank. What items should i get rid of/drop? I am trying to get alot of free space for some unknown reason.

2ujle75.jpg

Explinations for random items:

Mith Sets - For getting tokens for warriors guild. I may nee more rune defenders in the near future.

Tab 8 - Quest/Achievement diary stuff. Need advice to clean this

Tab 9 - Random junk (idk why i have these things, should i keep them)

Edited by Chrono Boost

17 answers to this question

Tab 2: I recommend getting rid of some of the lower-quantity currencies. If you plan on doing something with them, OK, otherwise they're not necessary. Also, I think those are god bird eggs, so you should either keep one of each and wait until level 70 Summoning to hatch them, or just get rid of them altogether.

Tab 5: Unless you do F2P Range PKing, I don't see why you need Green Dragonhide. Even the Archer helm is somewhat unnecessary, it's usually replaced by the Neitiznot.

Tab 6: I think it's called the Beacon Ring, the last item in the tab. It's not necessary.

Tab 7: The watering can should be in your Leprechaun Tool Storage, and if there already is one there, you don't need a second. And if you don't plan on training mining, or mining gold, you don't need the Golden Helmet (unless you like the looks)

Tab 8: Drop the black book with the white bar on top, drop the piece of glass in the far right of the 2nd row, drop the Body body.

Tab 9: Drop/use firelighters, they have no GP value. Sell/drop/alch the random metal junk. Get rid of the elemental shield and vambraces.

Those seem the least useful, to me at least.

I believe that alot of the items in Tab 9 could be used to complete a level 3 clue scroll, so if you plan on doing any of those, keep them.

You only need to keep one greegree (preferably the ninja monkey if you want to use the agility course.)

Some runes you only have one of, may as well sell them.

You have a farseer helm so there is no need for the mystic hat, likewise you do not need the FOG robes unless you mage in f2p.

You have quite a few ores, use or sell them.

Thats what I first noticed :grindteeth:

It looks like you have two air staves. Get rid of one.

It looks like you have two air staves. Get rid of one.

Having two is always a good thing - that way you can withdraw one without losing much space.

Your bank isn't too cluttery. You don't have many skilling items.

If it were me, I'd keep pretty much everything. The only things I'd get rid of is some of the random armors in the last tab. I'd also get rid of the quest items in tab 8 that you won't need again, or can easily replace if you do - such as the Gas Mask, etc. If you're done with that series for a while then do. Or if you can get into West Ardougne there's no point.

Also, put your foods/potions together (consumables). The rest is all organizational. Group similar things - put armors/weapons together, the summoning tab is good. and the magic tab. Group various tools, etc.

It's really not horrible as is though.

You only need to keep one greegree (preferably the ninja monkey if you want to use the agility course.)

Some runes you only have one of, may as well sell them.

You have a farseer helm so there is no need for the mystic hat, likewise you do not need the FOG robes unless you mage in f2p.

You have quite a few ores, use or sell them.

Thats what I first noticed :grindteeth:

The greegrees are sorta hard to get back, so i keep them all.

The runes i have 1 of are placeholders, to keep organised, same thing with the ores.

I do mage in f2p, mainly in wars and at FOG. I will get rid of the mystic hat though.

If you have any quest items you can always sell them to Yanni Salika, if you have no other use for the. (That includes items that are used in quests like scrolls that are used in quests, notes, etc.) :grindteeth:

EDIT- Yanni Salika is in Shilo Village if you need to know.

Edited by c3po12c3po

One of the Air Staffs

What are you gonna do with a Mind Rune?

2 of the 3 various types of Team Capes

Some of the quest stuff :grindteeth:

Why is everyone saying to get rid of duplicates? If you take away one he will still have the same amount of bank space filled, and he did say that the single runes are place-keepers. Seriously read all the answers people!

Easy- dump whatever you don't use.

I'd dump everything in the ninth tab, except the Spotted cape, the Boots of lightness, the Slayer ring and the potions.

Edited by Raian the Fallen

Here's what I think:

*Get rid of the trading sticks; they're easy to get back and such a small quantity isn't worth keeping if the bank space really matters. Same goes for the Great Orb Project tokens.

*Use your mithril sets to get a couple of rune defenders (I've got 7 since that was when I ran out of tokens), then drop or sell your mithril sets and adamant defender after you get a few rune ones (adamant becomes obsolete after 2 or more rune ones as if you have one rune defender, you can go back to the Cyclops and get another rune drop).

*You've got two versions of air staves - looks like one is a normal one for F2P use, and the other is a battle staff/mystic staff for P2P use. I suggest you get rid of the P2P version and buy another one of the F2P version as a place holder if it really matters. Otherwise, keep it if you're actually going to use the P2P version of the staff.

*The body/mind runes you don't seem like you use. I'd drop the one body rune at the very least if bank space really matters... Not much use for a body rune. Unless you're using body/mind runes, no need to keep place holders if you're going to be pedantic about bank space.

*Drop your gold helm. Don't need it. Not sure if you can store it in your POH or not.

*Store your Mourner Set and Helm of Trials in your POH, will save a few slots and you can retrieve them whenever you need/want to use them.

*Also get rid of your Wizard's Hand from the Back to My Roots quest - either drop it or start the Returning Clarence miniquest. Sal's should have a guide on this if I recall in the Back to My Roots quest guide.

*Drop/sell/alch your dragon spear and rune chain. No use for either of these. Dragon spear as a weapon is obsolete (unless you're hardcore Castle Wars player...) and rune chain you don't have a specific need for.

*Consider building a Menagerie in your POH for your pets. (The Rune Guardian, Broav, Pit bull, Hell Cat and Penguin).

*Get rid of the bolts next to the Broad ones unless they are better than Broad.

*Store your magic watering can in the Tool Leprechaun and withdraw it from him when you're actually farming.

*Team capes - either keep the two yellow ones or only keep one variety of them.

Your bank actually looks good... It doesn't look like you're starting to run out of bank space. :grindteeth:

Edited by Ifno

Why is everyone saying to get rid of duplicates? If you take away one he will still have the same amount of bank space filled, and he did say that the single runes are place-keepers. Seriously read all the answers people!

they are talking about the air staffs...which looks like one is an air staff and the other one is a air battlestaff...which means that they take up two spaces.

*Drop/sell/alch your dragon spear and rune chain. No use for either of these. Dragon spear as a weapon is obsolete (unless you're hardcore Castle Wars player...) and rune chain you don't have a specific need for.

Thanks for the advice. This is the only one i really disagree with. The rune chain is for tanking in wars in case i get piled, and the dspear i use for EPing. The spec comes in handy.

Build your POH. Put your pets in that summy room forgot name. Put mourner gear in the wadrobe of your costume room.