I. Overview

II. Stats Recommendations

III. Gear

IV. Inventories

V. Fighting Graardor

VI. Other

VII. Rewards

I. Overview

Soloing Graardor can be a good way to make money, especially at higher levels. Nonetheless, it still provides a challenge for lower levels and can still be fun and profitable. General Graardor drops several expensive items and consistently drops valuable items.

II. Stat Recommendations

There are several different groups that I will refer to throughout the guide. These groups are determined by their levels and how effectively they can solo Graardor at those levels. Of course, there are people on the high end of each group that may have some of the things that the higher group has, but not everything.

Beginner

Beginners are lower leveled players who have just begun soloing and lack the experience and higher levels.

80+ Attack/Strength/Defense

52+ Summoning(For Terrorbird)

Intermediate

Intermediates are mid to high leveled players who solo regularly but do not have some of the stats or gear that make them advanced.

90+ Attack/Strength/Defense

67+ Summoning

High-Intermediate

These players have the stats of intermediates, but may also have access to better potions/prayers.

90+ Attack/Strength/Defense

67+ Summoning

Turmoil or Extremes

Advanced

Advanced players are high leveled, have access to good equipment and prayers/potions that make them very effective and soloing Bandos easy.

99 Attack/Strength/Defense

96+ Summoning

Overloads

Turmoil Prayer

A Few Recommended Quests

Other than the quests needed to get basic gear such as a Neitiznot Helm or Barrow gloves, you should also do

• Eadgar's Ruse - Trollheim Teleport
  • As A First Resort - Bandos Pool

III. Gear

Gear can greatly vary from player to player depending on budgets and their willingness to risk. Each group will have a low risk setup and a higher risk setup. Obviously, the higher risk will be more effective, but will cause the player to lose more upon death.

Weapon: Chaotic Longsword > Chaotic Rapier > Abyssal Whip > Godsword

Shield: Divine Spirit Shield > Chaotic Kiteshield > Elysian Spirit Shield > Rune Defender/Dragonfire Shield > Obsidian Shield > None if using Godsword

Helmet: Verac's Helmet > Other Barrow Helmets > Neitiznot Helmet

Amulet: Amulet of Fury > Amulet of Glory

Chest: Karil's Top > Zamorak D'Hide

Legs: Bandos Tassets > Verac's Plateskirt > Other Barrow Legs

Gloves: Barrows Gloves > Dragon Gloves

Boots: Dragon Boots> Bandos Boots

Cape: Soul Wars Cape > Fire Cape > Cape of Achievement(t) > Cape of Achievement/Obsidian

Ring: Personal choice here, ROL to be safe, imbued rings if you want to risk. Higher Slash > Higher Strength

Special Attack Weapon: Vesta Longsword > Statius Warhammer > Dragon Claws > Armadyl Godsword > Bandos Godsword > Saradomin Godsword > Enhanced Excalibur

Low Risk-Under 500k-Beginner Gear

setup1w.png

• It doesn't get much cheaper than this, this is about the minimum recommended to solo bandos

Medium Risk-Under 5m-Intermediate Gear

setup2c.png

• You can always reduce risk by using a Neitiznot helmet or a Torag's Helmet instead of Verac's

High Risk-Over 5m-Advanced Gear

setup3.png

• Some players at this point have a Chaotic Weapon, such as rapier or longsword, if using, make sure that you DO NOT risk it
  • If you use a Chaotic Longsword and a shield such as a DFS, you should use an Enhanced Excalibur for your special attack weapon

Unnecessary Risks

• There are some things that are just unnecessary risks. They make you lose more upon death and do not help you that much
  • Berserker rings and imbued rings often protect over other items and do not help that much
  • Fire cape may give +4 Strength over Soul Wars but the prayer bonus is much more important
  • Risking over 10m is not advised; everybody dies, and one 10m death would be about half the value of a Tasset, Chest plate, or Hilt

Will update!!!

IV. Inventory Setups

You should bring a Zamorak item(or Kill Count will be slow) and a Hammer to get in

No Turmoil or Extremes(Beginner)

invy3.png

• Fill your familiar with whatever food you are using
  • If you have a 88 summoning, bring a unicorn stallion and scrolls in your storage familiar.
  • If you have a yak, bring 1 more brew/restore.
  • Always bring an extra Beast of Burden Pouch

Extremes and/or Turmoil(Intermediate)

invy2.png

• Fill your familiar with whatever food you are using
  • If you have a 88 summoning, bring a unicorn stallion and scrolls in your storage familiar.

Overloads+Turmoil

invy1.pngyakc.png

• If you have a tortoise, bring 1 less overload and 2 less restores
  • If you have a Divine Spirit Shield, bring 10 Super Prayers, 6 Restores, and 5-6 Overloads.
  • If you have an Elysian Spirit Shield, bring 1 more restore, and 4-5 Overloads

Always bring a special attack weapon! They are incredibly helpful for killing Graardor.

Remember that inventories can vary from player to player and can always be adjusted.

V. Fighting Graardor

Here is where the fun starts. Before you go in, always brew above your maximum HP(1 dose of brew).

Sip a dose of brew, restore, super/extreme attack and strength potion and head in. Use your specials on Graardor first then continue to fight normally. Keep your hitpoints above 650 if you are a beginner. When Graardor starts ranging you, you want to start healing up. This is where most of the damage comes from. When he is dead, kill the minions in the following order. If you have Soulsplit, this is the time to use it.

Steelwill > Grimspike > Strongstack

After they are dead, pick up drops and bones. Use bones to peaches, heal to full hitpoints. Use altar. If you are a high intermediate using extremes, repot every 2 kills with your extremes and brews. If you are a beginner, heal to full with brews/food and repot each kill.

VI. Rewards

Of course, there's a reason people spend so much money and time hunting Graardor.

examplea.png

Bandos has regular valuable drops such as Rune Armor/Weapon, seeds, ores, and Ourg Bones. But Bandos items are the most sought after.

Edited by Doom

Beginners lower leveled players who have just begun soloing and lack the experience and higher levels.

There should be are after beginners.

99 Attack/Strength/Defense

96+ Summoning

Overloads

Turmoil

95 Prayer

Turmoil is 95 prayer? Shouldn't need to mention both.

Edit: Isn't it General Graardor?

Edited by Riddick

*I would recommend doing Eadgar's Ruse. It makes getting to god wars much faster and will help a lot.

"the God Wars Dungeon" is more clear

Try not to use "I." It makes the guide more professional if you don't.

Shield: Rune Defender/Dragonfire Shield > Obsidian Shield > None if using Godsword

Elysian/Divine spirit shields are ideal for Bandos, unless using 2 handed weapon.

I recommend the Bandos Godsword over Armadyl Godsword (but under Claws) due to the potential large Defence Drain. Hit 500 (Damage is also boosted by +10%) and his defence is toast.

After all of your apostrophes in the equipment section, there is a back slash.

is the invo the same for someone using ols compared to someone using ext in the last set-up with yak?

is the invo the same for someone using ols compared to someone using ext in the last set-up with yak?

Look at intermediate.

Overloads + Turmoil only affects those who have both.

If you have extremes or turmoil, you look at the heading Extremes and/or Turmoil. Then you fill your highest level familiar.

Look at intermediate.

Overloads + Turmoil only affects those who have both.

If you have extremes or turmoil, you look at the heading Extremes and/or Turmoil. Then you fill your highest level familiar.

misread that my bad :huh:

For ring slot is it worth it to use beserker ring? or welfare it up with a warriors ring? :unsure: Also you might want to bring 1-2 rocktails with brews in order to combo eat if Graador suddenly decides to use range special combos on you.

Great guide :huh: I don't mind helping to write one for mid-levels (90+combo stats, no ext/turm).

For ring slot is it worth it to use beserker ring? or welfare it up with a warriors ring? :unsure: Also you might want to bring 1-2 rocktails with brews in order to combo eat if Graador suddenly decides to use range special combos on you.

Great guide :huh: I don't mind helping to write one for mid-levels (90+combo stats, no ext/turm).

Warrior would actually be better. Higher slash means higher chance of hitting. Plus, warrior is only 450k or so and zerker is like 4.5m

I'm not sure what you mean about rocktails with brews. Each invy setup has brews.

Sweet guide. You even helped me with what I should have with Ovl. Just some things you might want to add, bandos item drops are said to be 1/50 kills. Also mention that when using an aggressive familiar such as a war tortoise or spirit terrorbird, Graador can switch to attacking you if it is attacking someone else in the room.

For ring slot is it worth it to use beserker ring? or welfare it up with a warriors ring? :mellow: Also you might want to bring 1-2 rocktails with brews in order to combo eat if Graador suddenly decides to use range special combos on you.

Warrior would actually be better. Higher slash means higher chance of hitting. Plus, warrior is only 450k or so and zerker is like 4.5m

I'm not sure what you mean about rocktails with brews. Each invy setup has brews.

if you eat a rocktail and immediately drink a brew, it finishes in the animation of one rocktail. Effectively healing you 500+LP in one bite. :unsure: Very effective if you are low on hp and using ovls.

Edited by Serendipity

Elysian doesn't degrade and I think C Kite provides negative Mage defence... :huh:

Chaotic absorbs 10% melee + 20% range.

Elysian absorbs 25% of ALL damage, 70% of the time = 17.5% all damage absorbed.

Thus, as you are praying melee, you only consider the range % absorption.

20 > 17.5.

Thus, Chaotic Kiteshield is better.

Chaotic also has remarkably higher range def than the elysian at the cost of 7 less magic defence. Considering the greatest danger in soloing Bandos is the chance of graador comboing you with his range special attack, AND greater absoption for range damage, the chaotic kiteshield is the better option, much better than trying to trade your way up to an elysian through a series of edibles, minirares or lower tiered phats and co. (which takes forever and is frustrating).

Edited by Serendipity

One quick small correction,

'A few recommended quests' is wrong as there are not more than three,

use simply 'Recommended Quest(s)' instead.

GL on the guide 'cuz that's what I need at the moment ^.~

Kay, thanks for clearing that up, Sere.

Doom, I would also recommend you to write a small anticrash/dealing with crash guide. I've started seeing much more lower lever soloers being crashed.

I can write it if you need me to :huh:

Doom, I would also recommend you to write a small anticrash/dealing with crash guide. I've started seeing much more lower lever soloers being crashed.

I can write it if you need me to :unsure:

Be my guest since I've never been crashed. :huh:

I can write it if you need me to :unsure:

Be my guest since I've never been crashed. :huh:

Ya u have u anticrash me bcoz u r liek bettah than w77

ye doom make anticrash guide

Chaotic absorbs up to 10% melee + 20% range.

In practice it doesn't always absorb 20% range damage.