Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Luke1

Really Serious Problem With Windows 7

Hello, I am currently running Windows 7 on my computer. There seems to be some sort of problem with it that makes a pop-up appear that says the following:

"Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute. Please save your work now."

This always pops up when i turn on my computer and get to my desktop. I can tell that it is internet based because when I log on, I made it so that I do not automatically connect to the internet. When not connected to the internet, the pop-up does not come up. However, when I connect to my wireless network, the pop-up almost immidatly comes up warning me of a critical error.

This easily makes my computer unusable. I cannot do basically anything on it without the computer restarting.

So far, I have made sure that there was nothing starting up in the msconfig application that I didn't want started. I have checked the task manager as well for anything that doesn't belong.

Any help :huh:

Run a malware scan using Malwarebytes (In safe mode). Post your results.

I had a similar problem where my explorer.exe got deleted. It was also internet related, because when not connected to the internet everything was fine.

Edited by Battery

Reboot in Safe mode by hitting F8 right before bootup, and start "Safe mode with networking" then run Malware Bytes' Anti-Malware, and whatever Anti-virus software you have. And backup all important files and settings.

~Vincent

Hmmm, I did download that program and it found a some files that i already suspected to be bad, and it got rid of them. However, the problem still persists. I'm thinking that my computer has hit it's final days :huh:

I'm pretty sure you can revert your computer to a date that the computer had no issues. I don't remember what exactly it's called or how to do it.

brb control panel lol

Found it. lol

Open start, and search for "System Restore." Choose the the program that comes up, and choose the date BEFORE you had the issue with the computer.

Tell me if it works :huh:

Nope. I've had this problem in the past, but now it's not goin away. In the past a system restore usually solved the problem, but for some reason, it's not doin it this time.

I'm not sure what else I can do :huh: I've tryed to disable auto restarting on system failure and errors. I've ran thru my files to make sure of anything I don't want.

Idk, i'm thinkin the computer is just about to be finished :unsure:

Wipe it completely. From a windows 7 disk. Itll get rid of everything you had, unless you back the files you want up. But when you're done with the wipe, itll be like the restored the system to the very beginning.

Yeah a system restore should work. I've relied on it countless of times when I had problems.

In the past a system restore usually solved the problem, but for some reason, it's not doin it this time.

What do, you mean its not doing it this time? Just put in the disc, restart the computer, and you should be on your way.

A last resort I would think is to buy a new hard drive and install the recovery discs on it. (I'm not sure it will work, seeing as it needs bunch of drivers, not sure if that's in the discs.)

Edited by Battery

Yeah a system restore should work. I've relied on it countless of times when I had problems.

In the past a system restore usually solved the problem, but for some reason, it's not doin it this time.

What do, you mean its not doing it this time? Just put in the disc, restart the computer, and you should be on your way.

A last resort I would think is to buy a new hard drive and install the recovery discs on it. (I'm not sure it will work, seeing as it needs bunch of drivers, not sure if that's in the discs.)

Windows 7 disks have most basic drivers(GFX card, internet, keyboard/mouse, etc) in them; if they don't have certain drivers, he can always download them.

Windows 7 disks have most basic drivers(GFX card, internet, keyboard/mouse, etc) in them; if they don't have certain drivers, he can always download them.

Here is the log from the scan i did.

This is the quickscan

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4375

Windows 6.1.7600 (Safe Mode)

Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

7/31/2010 9:26:44 PM

mbam-log-2010-07-31 (21-26-44).txt

Scan type: Quick scan

Objects scanned: 123759

Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 24 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 3

Registry Values Infected: 4

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 1

Files Infected: 43

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{1c0x5kad-86tp-ox8o-56l3-ki6kb07xo2bk} (Generic.Bot.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Microwsoft (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\SrvID (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run\policies (Backdooe.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run\policies (Backdooe.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\winid (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\7bde84a2-f58f-46ec-9eac-f1f90fead080 (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Roaming\Winbooterr (Backdoor.SpyNet.M) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:

C:\Windows\System32\install\Svshost.exe (Generic.Bot.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\download.exe (Trojan.Inject) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\download.exeWebDL (Trojan.Inject) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Local\Temp\drweb.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Local\Temp\lsass.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Local\Temp\mdm.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Local\Temp\mstp.exe (Trojan.Inject) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Local\Temp\notepad.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Local\Temp\nvsvc32.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Local\Temp\qwaDEA3.tmp (Worm.Parite) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Local\Temp\services.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Local\Temp\smss.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Local\Temp\taskmgr.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Local\Temp\win16.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Local\Temp\winamp.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Local\Temp\wintmp.exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Windows\Temp\2f1de53e.tmp (Trojan.Ransom) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Windows\Temp\43b61253.tmp (Trojan.Ransom) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Windows\Temp\46340ec3.tmp (Trojan.Ransom) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Windows\Temp\464e12d9.tmp (Trojan.Ransom) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Windows\Temp\702b7cdf.tmp (Trojan.Ransom) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Windows\Temp\a8fdd9b0.tmp (Trojan.Ransom) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Windows\Temp\b7d78977.tmp (Trojan.Ransom) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Windows\Temp\c3f289d7.tmp (Trojan.Ransom) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Windows\Temp\cc8e2fe1.tmp (Trojan.Ransom) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Windows\Temp\clk85.nls (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Windows\Temp\d8f121f8.tmp (Trojan.Ransom) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Windows\Temp\eae4df17.tmp (Trojan.Ransom) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Windows\Temp\fd382a85.tmp (Trojan.Ransom) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Windows\Temp\TMP000000101AC2751D33AFB954 (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Roaming\Winbooterr\Svchost.exe (Backdoor.SpyNet.M) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Roaming\install\svchost.exe (Backdoor.SpyNet) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Roaming\cglogs.dat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Roaming\chrtmp (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Roaming\logs.dat (Bifrose.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Roaming\lsass.exe (Trojan.Delf) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\svchost.exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Winlogon.exe (Backdoor.SpyNet.M) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\Favorites\_favdata.dat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Local\Temp\explorer.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Local\Temp\UuU.uUu (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Local\Temp\winlogin.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\LUCAS\AppData\Local\Temp\XxX.xXx (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Try downloading ComboFix, and run it with nothing else open. It got rid of my problem for me, when I had a virus on my computer

www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Edited by chaosor