Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Inca

The God Wars Dungeon

Question

Hi again Sal's, I'm such a troublesome person :/! This time I got a another series of questions concerning the GWD.

I don't really have a lot of combat experience or good stats, I got most of my stats for clothings for cool pixels.

• 75 Attack
  • 72 Strength
  • 75 Mage
  • 72 Ranged
  • 62 Prayer

I made another thread about Aviansies and actually tried a few trips,

But with that I can hardly afford a Fury and DFH before vacation comes to an end...

I have decided to actually run into the general rooms alone, kill all bodyguards hoping for drops and teleport away!

(Not touching the general of course! I am too pathetic.)

FYI I got access to Ancient Magicks and Curses, but at my level they are useless anyway. :unsure:

What do you guys suggest?

• Which room for more profit(I think it's gonna be Bandos anyway :huh:)?
  • What should I wear? I got nothing but 7m on me for buying armours.
  • How do I avoid being killed by the left-alone General?
  • Are they dangerous at all? I have experience on F2p-Pking(Mage), KBD Solo, Mole Solo and all Quest Bosses except Nomad.

I think thats all, thanks for answering my noob questions as I guess nobody does what I'm planning to do! :mellow:

Edited by Inca

9 answers to this question

It's absolutely pointless to enter the boss room and only kill the guards because the General will always be attacking you, so you might as well just attack him anyways.

And the chances of actually getting a drop better than a shard from the guards is almost nothing.

Edit: Only the boss drops hilts.

Edited by Ancient Cavalry

Thx, yep I know only the the general drops hilts,

But the BCP , Tassy and Elite clues look attractive.

The effort and time taken just to only kill the bodyguards are absolutely not worth it. You would be better off finding a team instead.

Stick with aviansies unless you can find a team for bosses.

Only the boss drops hilts and BCP, tassest etc (I think).

Nope. Bodyguards drop BCP, Tassy, Clues, Blade Shards.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway, I guess I'll find a team.

Nope. Bodyguards drop BCP, Tassy, Clues, Blade Shards.

And boots.

You are, however, aware that the bodyguards respawn instantly if the general is still alive? (I believe, I'm sorry, but I may be wrong)

And:

Please note that while it is entirely possible to obtain items such as the Bandos chestplate, Bandos tassets and the three Godsword Shards from this and the other two sergeants, entering General Graardor's stronghold to obtain these items from just the sergeants is not advisable, due to a considerably lower drop rate compared to Graardor's drop rate.

Uhh, first of all i gotta say i haven't been here for a while =/

Anyways to answer your question, it looks like your looking for money, dont rush into combat with those stats, either train yourself up in soul wars or do some slayer to earn some money along the way, or look for a completely new way to make money.

Remember that skilling is the worst way buy it gives you experience.

Combat is the best way but it requires patience and of coarse high cobat stats.

And the MOST important thing to remember is there couple of ways to make money that do not involve combat or skilling (meaning you receive no experience)

I could share some of those ways with you but I prefer to keep them a secret, just remember that it's not hard to find those ways.

And again, since your question is about GWD, either stick to aviansies or train yourself untill you can do better.

Also those followers (or w/e ur planning to kill) drop lvl 3 clue scrolls, not elite

Sigh....I should just get back to killing chaos dwarves....

GWD is clearly not my place.

At least I'm experienced for that place....

Edited by Inca

actually just keep it up. get yourself motivated. to get those stats!! it took me a week from 40rng-70 just to kill aviansies but it was worth it. and maybe u can solo bandos. my friend beat him at lvl 95 and soloed him