Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
walkers76

What Happened On The 4th?

Question

Well i recently made a post asking why the price of lobsters has recently dipped, i had a mixed response of bots and a demand/supply slip. However, the price change hasn't just been on every type of raw material but also god armour (sara, zamorak and guthix armour down by around 100k ea.) and even barrows armour.

The first thing i thought of was the treasure trail rewards, it would make the god armour dip understandable (and i dont know if this is true but the concept that the likelyhood of getting it has been reduced it shouldn't fall to heavily) but not the raw materials and the barrows armour. I mean, there are very few items found by treasure trails that have been of actual use in combat in the past but things such as coal and raw lobsters have no link to rewards..

so please, discuss what you think the answer should be but answer my questions please (so no not in the wrong forum because im actually hoping for a definite answer and some advice on when to sell/buy raw lobsters and god armour)

thanks

3 answers to this question

A glitch caused Miscellania to go haywire and fill up some players' coffers with a bajillion times the resources they were supposed to get. Some players had their kingdoms collecting fish. Those players flooded the market with swordfish and tuna (and coal, and herbs, and flax, and maple logs, and nests, and seeds, and gems, etc.) causing a drop in price for all related goods as well, including lobsters.

The reason God armors are dropping is because of the new TT rewards. There are now level 4 clues. Better clues = better items = less demand for lower TT rewards.

It's not 1 reason its couple.

Lobsters:

F2pers now can quickly note them without banking. P2pers dont really fish lobsters. More lobsters = more supply over demend = price falls.

God amours:

This is defenetly because of TT. Very simple Zj already explained.

Barrows armor:

I'm not sure completely why this kind of change is happening at this moment, but ppl are attracted more to going there because its easier to complete the puzzles while in a tomb. Since more ppl are attracted to go there, more rewards, more rewards = more bandos items = more supply over demand.

Other raw materials/items:

Dungeoneering changed a lot of things. First of all the rewards can replace a lot of weapons and shield (etc..) that you get outside of Deamonheim. That causes less people to buy things from GE so they just earn the tokens and buy it in Deamonheim. Also after recourse dungeons have been created a lot of new sources came to the game (its called a recourse dungeon for a reason). For example now there's completely no reason to leave the dwarven mine because theres 2 deposit boxed one of which is closer to the bank then falador and every single type of rock. Another example is limps found on a floor near hill giants.

Those are just some thoughts that are going thru my head, I'm sure that it goes deeper then that though.