Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pretzel

I Need New Armour

Question

Right now i have full rune and an abyssal whip (bought it for 1.6m forever ago before i quit) and i just started playing again and there is so much new armor and everything i have no idea what i should get, it would mainly be used to train slayer and my attack levels, i'm trying to get my slayer high enough to kill jellies and/or abyssal demons and get 99 att for the awesome cape. So what armour should i get?

Oh and price wont matter i'll work hard for whatever i need.

Edit: I probably should have posted my stats >_>

Attack: 74

Strength: 72

Defence: 70

Edited by Pretzel

17 answers to this question

Some of these items are very expensive, but if you don't have alot of money, you can use the cheaper alternatives...

Helm: Helm of Neitiznot > Barrows > Dragon Full Helm > Berserker Helm > Dragon Med Helm

Amulet: Amulet of Fury > Amulet of Glory > Amulet of Strength

Cape: Fire Cape > Cape of Accomplishment > Obsidian Cape

Gloves: Barrows > Dragon > Rune > Regen Bracelet > Any other RFD gloves > Combat Brace

Weapon: Abbysal Whip

Shield: Obsidian > Dragon Sq. -- (Rune Defender is good to have, for attack bonuses)

Torso: Bandos Chestplate > Torags/Dharoks/Guthans > Dragon Plate > Dragon Chain > Fighter Torso > Granite Plate

Legs: Bandos Tassets > Veracs Skirt > Torags/Dharoks > Guthans > Dragon > Rune

Boots: Dragon > Bandos > Rune > Rock Climbing > Adamant > Infinity

Ring: Berserker > Warrior > Wealth/Explorer (3)

It might be beneficial to buy the Guthans set, for its healing effect. A Slayer Helm, or Black Mask would also be good if you're training Slayer.

Some of these items are very expensive, but if you don't have alot of money, you can use the cheaper alternatives...

Helm: Helm of Neitiznot > Barrows > Dragon Full Helm > Berserker Helm > Dragon Med Helm

Amulet: Amulet of Fury > Amulet of Glory > Amulet of Strength

Cape: Fire Cape > Cape of Accomplishment > Obsidian Cape

Gloves: Barrows > Dragon > Rune > Regen Bracelet > Any other RFD gloves > Combat Brace

Weapon: Abbysal Whip

Shield: Obsidian > Dragon Sq. -- (Rune Defender is good to have, for attack bonuses)

Torso: Bandos Chestplate > Torags/Dharoks/Guthans > Dragon Plate > Dragon Chain > Fighter Torso > Granite Plate

Legs: Bandos Tassets > Veracs Skirt > Torags/Dharoks > Guthans > Dragon > Rune

Boots: Dragon > Bandos > Rune > Rock Climbing > Adamant > Infinity

Ring: Berserker > Warrior > Wealth/Explorer (3)

It might be beneficial to buy the Guthans set, for its healing effect. A Slayer Helm, or Black Mask would also be good if you're training Slayer.

Dragon full helm is bad, dragon square is bad, dragon plate and chain are bad, rune defender is far better than obby shield, proselyte is missing, sw cape and ardougne cloak are missing, ring of wealth is bad, bandos boots are bad. The rest is okay.

Mainly what the post above me said. If your lokking for some SLAYER armour, guthans works for the healing bonus, torag- the hammers for a defensive armour, or if you have cash to blow, Bandos as it has the highest strenght bonus in game. Recipe for Disaster Gloves are good, if not, a regan braclet, and dragon boots.The whip is a good weapon to use, Hope I helped.

~Tainted~ :huh:

Helm: Helm of Neitiznot

Amulet: Amulet of Fury

Torso: Bandos Chestplate

Legs: Bandos Tassets

Boots: Dragon

Ring: Berserker

Would cost me ~66m which is around 44k magic logs which would take forever but i have no idea how else to pay for it.

Wanna know how to get money? Heres a list

1. Woodcutting

2.Smithing Cannonballs

3.Farmiong Herbs+Flowers

4.Slayer

5.Green Dragons

6.Avainsies

7.Flesh Crawlers

8.Group Bossing

9.God Wars Dungeon

10.Daggonoth King Hunting

11.Pking

12.Merchanting

13.Runecrafting

14.Fishing

15.Hunter

16.Managging Mislania

17.Charging Unpowered Orbs

18.Snape Grass Collecting

19.Making Cheese from Cream

20.Cockroach Soldiers Hunting

Need I go on? Those are how you can get money for your Bandos. Good Luck

which would take forever

<passive-aggressive mode>

366 hours and 40 minutes, to be precise. That's roughly how long it would take to get 99 runecrafting and then spend 2 full days' worth of gametime crafting double nats.

Wait, you have 99 woodcutting and a dragon hatchet, right? If you don't, it'll take a lot longer.

You could try using a different moneymaker. Possibly one that isn't horrible and useless like woodcutting, such as farming or combat. But maybe you like making crappy slow profit, what do I know. I suppose if you like wasting hundreds of hours of your time, magic logs are great.

</passive-aggressive mode>

Don't get Bandos. It's only really on there for the sake of completion so that you don't think "Oh, barrows armor is the best in the game then!" It's definitely not worth busting your bank and even more definitely not worth saving up for. And you can do fine with glory instead of fury; fury is just one of the better pieces of elite gear to invest in when you can afford it. Get a barrows plate and legs. And a better moneymaker, since woodcutting is pretty much like picking flax, except if flax were half its current price. And when picking flax is better than your best moneymaker, you're doing something very wrong.

which would take forever

366 hours and 40 minutes, to be precise. That's roughly how long it would take to get 99 runecrafting and then spend 2 full days' worth of gametime crafting double nats.

Wait, you have 99 woodcutting and a dragon hatchet, right? If you don't, it'll take a lot longer.

You could try using a different moneymaker. Possibly one that isn't horrible and useless like woodcutting, such as farming or combat. But maybe you like making crappy slow profit, what do I know. I suppose if you like wasting hundreds of hours of your time, magic logs are great.

Don't get Bandos. It's only really on there for the sake of completion so that you don't think "Oh, barrows armor is the best in the game then!" It's definitely not worth busting your bank and even more definitely not worth saving up for. And you can do fine with glory instead of fury; fury is just one of the better pieces of elite gear to invest in when you can afford it. Get a barrows plate and legs. And a better moneymaker, since woodcutting is pretty much like picking flax, except if flax were half its current price. And when picking flax is better than your best moneymaker, you're doing something very wrong.

Hes right,but he doesn't have to be so agressive. What he is tryng to say is that Bandos is only for those who can afford it. Some gear that could replace your current idea is

Helm:Neitziot Helm

Platebody:Torag's

PLatelegs:Torag's

Amulet:Glory

Weapon:Whip

Shield:Rune Defender

Cheap and affordable.Hope I helped

Hes right,but he doesn't have to be so agressive.

No no, passive-aggressive. :unsure:

:huh: Ok fine you idn't have to be so passively aggressive

~Tainted~ :mellow:

which would take forever

I have a dragon hatchet and 80 wc?

I didn't know woodcutting was that bad.

What barrows set should i get instead? and how would i get the money to pay for it? Feel free to look up my stats.

I didn't know woodcutting was that bad.

Yeah, it is, unfortunately. It has an unfair reputation as a money skill when really it's one of the absolute worst skills for money. Same with fishing. I wrote a whole nice long essay in an attempt to debunk the whole moneymaker myth. Haven't published it yet though. (Should be up by Tuesday or Wednesday this week.)

What barrows set should i get instead?

For the platebody, Guthan's, Torag's, and Dharok's all have the exact same stats, so get the cheapest one (Guthan's). For legs, Torag's or Dharok's are the same; either get the cheaper one of those or spend a little more and get Verac's Skirt, which is slightly better as it has a prayer bonus.

and how would i get the money to pay for it?

Farm, do daily tasks, manage Miscellania, and do quests. Most quests don't actually give you money (although you get about 3m or something from WGS) but they develop your character and make it much, much easier to earn money afterwards. MUCH easier.

For goodness sake read my post, I told you a good setup, read every post before asking a question please.

Sorry i posted that and it refreshed everything, i'm trying to cook and do this at the same time.

Hes asking how to make money. I posted 20 different ways to make money.20 FREAKIN WAYS TO MAKE MONEY!!!!Are My posts invisible or something!!!!!!!!?????

Ok i'm understanding all of this now, you have been very helpful.

I have 680k cash

Dragon hatchet for 1.6m

and 570k worth of magic logs.

Thats around 2.8m what would be best to get first?

I have 680k cash

Dragon hatchet for 1.6m

The glory, and whatever you can of the torag's, and the Neitziot Helm

I have 680k cash

Dragon hatchet for 1.6m

The glory, and whatever you can of the torag's, and the Neitziot Helm

Alright i'm going to do the Fremennik trials then buy what i can for now then use one of you money making tips to get the rest then work on my slayer.

Edit:

I bought

Guthans Platebody

Dharoks legs

Glory Ammy

Dragon boots

and the helm

Edited by Pretzel