Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thanks

Couple Questions

Question

1) how much xp does full peance horn gives in mining for lvl 84 mining(notcei i dind't say master horn)?

2) does soloing bosses in the gwd makes really god money(don't tell my me states isn't good enough for this cause i know i am just asking)?

3)why is jagex trying to stop merching?

Edited by marowo

14 answers to this question

1. I would say around 1mil xp. i'm not 100% positive tho.

2. Solo'ing bosses can make good profit with the right skills. Also, people just do it because it's an achievement for them, and because it's just really fun to do!

3. Jagex is not trying to stop merching, in fact it's a good thing. It gives a different aspect to the game. However, if an item that is not intended to be worth a lot, possibly goes up, then they might ruin merching. An example would be mint cakes, mercher's made it worth about a million, then Jagex made them much easier to get, so the price went back down.

Edited by Luke1

2) does soloing bosses in the gwd makes really god money(don't tell my me states isn't good enough for this cause i know i am just asking)?

Well, from what I've told, most people with the stats to solo the GWD bosses would make better profit soloing TDs or DKs, so in that sense I suppose they're not really good. It does hurt that the valuable drops are much rarer compared to those of the TDs or DKs, so the profit is less consistent.

TDs or DKs

what does this stand for?

Price manip clans make it hard for average players trying to buy w/e they are merching, such as for a slayer, cannonballs being merched would make them go higher, then make them unbuyable. Merching messes up the prices.

Price manip clans make it hard for average players trying to buy w/e they are merching, such as for a slayer, cannonballs being merched would make them go higher, then make them unbuyable. Merching messes up the prices.

Manipulating messes up the prices, merchanting doesn't.

Jagex doesn't want people to stop merchanting. They just dislike people causing monopolies because it pretty much destroys some of the game for other players. Plus it's illegal IRL too in some places.

Jagex doesn't want people to stop merchanting. They just dislike people causing monopolies because it pretty much destroys some of the game for other players. Plus it's illegal IRL too in some places.

manip is still a form of merching

manip is still a form of merching

Yes, but merchanting isn't manipulation.

3) Suck it up and make your own gear, and produce or harvest enough of something that you can sell it, then use that money to buy whatever you can't produce yourself or otherwise need. Need is a very powerful word, and only spend money on things you actually need, especially if it's going to shrink your budget by a lot.

3) Suck it up and make your own gear, and produce or harvest enough of something that you can sell it, then use that money to buy whatever you can't produce yourself or otherwise need. Need is a very powerful word, and only spend money on things you actually need, especially if it's going to shrink your budget by a lot.

this sort of contradicts it's self

first you tell him to get over and produce/make his own stuff, then you tell him to buy what he can't what if he can't buy it...

I'm saying he should produce his own stuff and only buy things he really needs and can't produce himself.

I'm saying he should produce his own stuff and only buy things he really needs and can't produce himself.

I disagree. I don't think it's ever appropriate to advise someone to DIY unless they're asking something like "I'm bored with grinding, what can I do to mix things up?" If people want to do things themselves, they will. Otherwise, assume they want to do things efficiently.

Also, it's a lot worse in this case because it has nothing to do with the question being asked. So yeah.

nah buying is much faster