Sal's RuneScape Forum

I like how the guy with whip and Full Rune is in the 2nd picture.. and the 3rd picture shows he's not there but his armor is.. lol. DEAD.

Hahaha i noticed that the first time i saw those pictures as well :D

Quite obviously a mega lava Skyreworm (sp?) Didn't see this coming in BTS

Wilderness and bosses are two things I like to stay away from :D

Edited by Ambo100

Strykewyrm definitely. Bigger than most so probably a boss-ish kind. I'm predicting combat 500+ for it and it's definitely situated in wilderness.

That boss looks awesome. The BTS doesn't mention it though, so we'll see it in March I guess?

Weekly Update Teaser images are to give us a teaser of the next update to be implemented, so next week.

I'm just guessing that they were planned for a later date, and either Jagex moved it forward, development went faster than scheduled or they just wanted to give us a nice surprise.

I hope it's in a place like KBD. I don't wanna be rushed by 5 year olds with claws :D

Knowing Jagex, they're going to make this as hard as Nex and people will camp it for a week then realize that the cost of camping > money earned from drops.

Hmm... I don't know how this ones going to work out, being in the wilderness. If it's a Slayer Task it'd probably have to be a lower amount, and you'd need like 5 other people with the same task trying to Slay this Boss Strykeworm.

Hopefully it's a non wild area, because I'd rather not Slay in the wild while risking my bank. I'm not sure where it'd be level wise, I'm definitely guessing at least 400+, more likely 500+.

And for the Slayer level, probably like 95-97. I don't think Jagex would do 98 or 99, because there aren't any other requirements of that level for other skills, besides like Primal Armour/Weapons.

Can't wait.

No other bosses actually require 80+ stuff (not sure bout TDs, but that's cus of the quest). If this needs 90+ slayer too, that's BS.

I doubt someone with that high slay would be in Rune Armour, luckily.

No other bosses actually require 80+ stuff (not sure bout TDs, but that's cus of the quest). If this needs 90+ slayer too, that's BS.

High level slayers deserve a boss, I want to see a level 99 Strykewyrm that needs a team.

Tbh all the high levelled content nowadays is aimed at combat.

What's wrong with that? :D

High level slayers deserve a boss, I want to see a level 99 Strykewyrm that needs a team.

If it has 99 Slayer Requirement, it probably needs 95+ combat stats, because most people obtain that when getting 99 slayer (unless you're Will Miss It :D)

I hope it has a low requirement due to it being special and multi-combat, or a special item needed when fighting :(

I hope it has a low requirement due to it being special and multi-combat, or a special item needed when fighting :D

Won't be special for very long if it does :(

Goodluck killing Nex nevermind get into a team (Ahem, I don't consider 200 people mass a team) without 90+ stats.

People who get high levels deserve what they want.

Because ur gonna risk 10m extra to whip out the dh platebody and legs and helm and stuff??

Yes, but Nex doesn't actually REQUIRE 90+ stats. You can get in with 70 Ranged, Agility, HP and Strength.

And I didn't really understand the last bit of what you said... :D

Yes, but Nex doesn't actually REQUIRE 90+ stats. You can get in with 70 Ranged, Agility, HP and Strength.

And I didn't really understand the last bit of what you said... :D

I think he's saying that a first timer at any boss doesn't take their expensive gear before they know what to do.

I don't think so..? :D

But yeah, that'd be fair enough if that is what you're saying :(

If it strong enough, it may just have a lower slayer level to make it a bit easier to build a team. What if it was something new like the higher your slayer level, the more damage you are able to inflict upon it? Dunno, but either way, it looks kinda cool.

~Dimos

Something like 70-80 Slay would be reasonable for it, unless it only requires like 5 people to comfortably team. In which case 80-90, I suppose... :D

Tbh all the high levelled content nowadays is aimed at combat.

What's wrong with that? :D

Because not everyone plays RuneScape for the PvM/PvP. Jagex is dropping support for the people who train anything but combat.