Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LiL chris

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

Does anyone when TES V is coming out

Wasn't announced and I doubt it is very far in development. I'd guess that it would be using the Rage engine though. I'd say we are 2-3 years out.

Edited by Jump

Wait, there's a Elder Scroll 5 and I'm still messing around with Morrowind?

*Tosses Morrowind in fireplace*

Maybe I'll actually bother getting this one.

Wait, there's a Elder Scroll 5 and I'm still messing around with Morrowind?

Maybe I'll actually bother getting this one.

Except it doesn't exist.

Does anyone when TES V is coming out

Wasn't announced and I doubt it is very far in development. I'd guess that it would be using the Rage engine though. I'd say we are 2-3 years out.

I think Todd Howard said in a recent interview that they had one more large in-house game with Gamebryo.

:huh:

As far as I saw from an interview they postponed the next Elder Scrolls game to develop other games such as Fallout 3 & New Vegas as well as their other titles. I think this is Bethseda just taking a break, i wouldn't expect any sort of conformation until about 2012. Although I would love another one to come out.

As far as I saw from an interview they postponed the next Elder Scrolls game to develop other games such as Fallout 3 & New Vegas as well as their other titles. I think this is Bethseda just taking a break, i wouldn't expect any sort of conformation until about 2012. Although I would love another one to come out.

Well Bethesda didn't make New Vegas, so they weren't officially working on much of anything for awhile, they've just been publishing a lot of games. I think it's safe to assume they've been working on ESV, although probably slowly and not using all of their resources.

Well Bethesda didn't make New Vegas, so they weren't officially working on much of anything for awhile, they've just been publishing a lot of games. I think it's safe to assume they've been working on ESV, although probably slowly and not using all of their resources.

Ok so, they are making a new elder scrolls, just not yet, no announcement. its like them doing there house work, you cba atm, but you'll get round to it :huh:

I watched a video and it said there was a rumor of an Oblivion 2 in developement.

I watched a video and it said there was a rumor of an Oblivion 2 in developement.

Which would be strange considering the official title is The Elder Scrolls and Oblivion was the fourth in the series?

Which would be strange considering the official title is The Elder Scrolls and Oblivion was the fourth in the series?

Well it will be Elder Scrolls V but it will continue where Oblivion left off, safe but with no leadership in Cyradil.

I kinda want it to be not in Cyrodil because half the fun is from exploring.

Well it will be Elder Scrolls V but it will continue where Oblivion left off, safe but with no leadership in Cyradil.

I kinda want it to be not in Cyrodil because half the fun is from exploring.

I really think an ESV would be totally off the hook, they really hit their mark with Oblivion, and I've played some of Morrowind, and I must say, that it is also a very in-depth game, with lots of little things and details that really set it apart from other games.

I think that the setting should not be in Cyrodiil either, in an entirely new setting, saying that most of the people of Cyrodiil left, sailing away on ships after all of the destruction and disarray that came out of the bloodline being lost, and populated a new land.

There should be new races, new skills to be learned, new story line, more interactions, in essence, the whole shabang. They could really make ESV the greatest RPG game ever to be released, Bethesda knows where there heads are at, and what they want to do with the game.

All-in-all, I think that everyone here needs to continue to play Morrowind and/or Oblivion, and try and do everything there is to do in the game, and learn all that they can about it, I mean, I still haven't done all the quests, I only have mastered like 4 skills. There's still a lot of game to be played.

Also, do any of you know of any other good RPG games for the X360 similar to TES?

Also, do any of you know of any other good RPG games for the X360 similar to TES?

Its not exactly swords and bows, but Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are amazing games, I'd pick them up if you haven't already.

Its not exactly swords and bows, but Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are amazing games, I'd pick them up if you haven't already.

I've tried them, Fallout 3 was pretty good.

Actually they are just Oblivion with guns. The melee functions exactly the same way :huh:

Actually they are just Oblivion with guns. The melee functions exactly the same way :huh:

Unfortunately so. I have a love hate relationship with Oblivion with caused me to hate Fallout 3. :unsure:

When the Revolution will come, the first spot against the wall will be YOURS! :huh:

I think that the setting should not be in Cyrodiil either, in an entirely new setting, saying that most of the people of Cyrodiil left, sailing away on ships after all of the destruction and disarray that came out of the bloodline being lost, and populated a new land.

There should be new races, new skills to be learned, new story line, more interactions, in essence, the whole shabang. They could really make ESV the greatest RPG game ever to be released, Bethesda knows where there heads are at, and what they want to do with the game.

Black Marsh! Black Marsh! Black Marsh!

(Elsweyr is partly covered by the excellent Heart of Anequina mod for TES4 :unsure:)

(Skyrim would also be doubleplusgood)

(Akavir would also be for teh win)

Whatever secrets they have are being held close to the chest. But with the success of the previous games you would expect something fairly soon.

Black Marsh! Black Marsh! Black Marsh!

(Elsweyr is partly covered by the excellent Heart of Anequina mod for TES4 :huh:)

(Skyrim would also be doubleplusgood)

(Akavir would also be for teh win)

Summerset Isles would be awesome, but I can't get over the whole Skyrim rumor, even though I'm not even sure if it means anything at this point.

They could also take the approach that Fable III has taken, and set you up as the ruler of Cyrodiil or Tamriel, but i highly doubt that.

I really believe that it may be an entirely new setting of a game. Completely new, so that nobody complains about it being too similar.

They could also take the approach that Fable III has taken, and set you up as the ruler of Cyrodiil or Tamriel, but i highly doubt that.

I really believe that it may be an entirely new setting of a game. Completely new, so that nobody complains about it being too similar.

For the first one, I agree. I highly doubt they would do that :huh:

For the second part, I highly doubt that as well.

I heard that they would be working on an MMO based in cyrodil... And I was kinda disapointed with New Vegas, main quest leaves a lot to be desired.

Interesting, that is a good idea, showing what happened to Tamriel and Cyrodiil after the fall of the Empire.

Check out this chronology of the 4th Era, Right Here.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.