Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LiL chris

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

Am i the only one that found Oblivion over-rated and boring as hell?

Death is not enough of a punishment for a sentence like this

The earlier ones require an emulator and are classics.
And *much* more confusing. :P

I'd personally start out with Morrowind, as it's easier to transition from Morrowind to Oblivion rather than the other way around.

And when you've got the hang of the game, MOD IT UNTIL YOUR HARD DRIVE IS FULL.

You *will* enjoy mods. The "Heart of Anequina" mod for Oblivion is especially winful, but also the land expansions for Morrowind are very good.

(I'm a fan of landscapes. :()

I prefer the Better Bodies mod myself. :D

I like the better bodies mod 2.

Plus yuo can hurry and open the installer and install the underwear version so you don't look perverted when your gf comes over.....

I'd personally start out with Morrowind, as it's easier to transition from Morrowind to Oblivion rather than the other way around.

You *will* enjoy mods. The "Heart of Anequina" mod for Oblivion is especially winful, but also the land expansions for Morrowind are very good.

Plus yuo can hurry and open the installer and install the underwear version so you don't look perverted when your gf comes over.....

Why would you play video games when your girlfriend comes over?

Why would you play video games when your girlfriend comes over?

I mean when you leave your monitor and someone walks in......

and sees where u paused...

always akward.....

Does anyone have the mod for the flying dragon mount? I could never seem to find it.

Does anyone have the mod for the flying dragon mount? I could never seem to find it.

Here's a link to the Akatosh Mount mod on Nexus. Hopefully that's the one you were thinking of.

Here's a link to the Akatosh Mount mod on Nexus. Hopefully that's the one you were thinking of.

Yep, that was it thanks.

Hmmm, maybe they'll incorporate more mounts than just horses into this one, even possibly harnessing a dragon for a mount. Looks like we'll have to wait until November.

DUDE THIS IS AMAZING

FOR THE KING

FOR THE KING

FOR THE SAKE OF SKYRIM

Edited by redmonke

You forgot my favorite one.

skyrim8.jpg

Now featuring 100% more NPCs not looking like creepy mannequins.

More importantly, I think that guy in the back left might have a beard.

Edit: Also this one

skyrim7.jpg

Edited by Sryen

You mean that the NPC's won't stare at you directly in the eyes as if they suspected you of stealing everything that they held dear in the world???

Wait a second...I did...

If you just want a quick recap of what we know so far I took this list from the Bethesda forums.

-2-handed weapons and duel wielding confirmed.

-A variation of level scaling.

-18 skills.

-Perk picking at every level-up

-Finishing moves, unique to each weapon and enemy you fight.

-Dynamic Shadows

-Kids

-Overhauled Combat-system Example :(Dual wielding spells, able to pick diffrent spells for each hand, or put the same in both for a more powerful effect.)

Radiant story

-5 Major Cities

-Improved Faces/Improved Models Example: Faces have been dramatically overhauled. Characters now exhibit more emotion show of distinctions between different races and just plain looks better.

-Radiant AI

-Updated Engine Snow falls dynamically (not as a basic texture on the ground)

Trees and branches move independently with the wind

Water flows and huge draw distances !

-The Hero has a mentor: His name is Esbern and Voiced by Mark Von Sydow (Surviving Blade)

-The game takes place 2 centuries after Oblivion

-Initiating a conversation between a NPC no longer zooms: Quote (Conversations aren't done in a zoomed in static shot anymore. Start a conversation with some and they will act like someone would in real life, looking at you occasionally and walking around a bit and also continue doing a task if they were doing one while talking.)

-Sprint is added !

-Randomly generated quests.

-Beards

- Dialog will pop up when you approach an enemy

- You can't run backwards as fast as you do forward.

- 10 races to choose from

- confirmed creatures: zombies, skeletons, trolls, giants, ice wraiths, giant spiders, dragons, wolves, horses Elk, mammoth, saber-toothed cats

- presumeably open cities (as dragons can attack)

- cooking/farming/mining/woodcutting/blacksmithing

-Hud-free first-person view and improved third-person perspective

-5 Magic Schools Destruction Alteration Conjuration Restoration Illusion. (Alchemy Enchant (now added) are not magic schools (?) )

-very unique landscapes! Also unique dungeons! In other words, lots of uniqueness!

-Character creation improved, body features customizable

-Radiant story

-Plot: The plot is that you are possibly the last Dragonborn, a group characterized by their ability to hunt dragons. The Septim line was a prominent Dragonborn line protected by the Dragonguards which eventually became the blades. After the death of the Septim line, the Blades were hunted down and killed one by one and now are almost completely gone. The return of the dragons was foretold in the Elder Scrolls and was ushered in by the destruction of the Staff of Chaos, the creation of the Numidium, the events at Red Mountain and the Oblivion Crisis. The last event to unfold before the dragons return was the people of Skyrim turning against each other which is happening at the beginning of the game. Dragons start to appear in greater and greater numbers as the game goes on and will eventually culminate with Alduin possibly coming into the world, but we have no idea yet.

-Combat: The combat system has once again been overhauled. Now you may choose what you place in each hand, whether it be a sword and shield, dagger and sword, two swords or even a weapon in one hand and a spell in another. Assaulting with your shield is now apart of melee combat, being able to shield bash them to stagger them to give yourself an advantage in combat. Spells can now be dedicated to a certain hand meaning you can fight with your left hand aflame while your right hand is charged with lightning. Ranged combat has been improved by increasing the damage bows deal significantly, so much so that it is possible for one to one shot an npc from stealth but also so the draw time of your bow has been increased. Ranged combat shouldn't be able to be abused from stealth like in Oblivion due to the fact that NPCs are FAR more intelligent than any TES game ever and possibly any game to date, we shall see.

Seems about right, but it seems like at least a little bit of it is based on assumptions. Good summary for the most part.

I can't believe Bethesda is making a game with kids. I just can't believe it.

Good replacement than the Adoring Fan, though. :D

They already did it was Fallout 3.

What, i'm going to upgrade my computer sometime soon, I highly doubt it will be able to run that :D

Oh my God. Bethesda has outdone themselves, and beaten every expectation everyone had, once again. The fact that their bringing back open cell cities will be nice, and the famring, cooking, blacksmithing skills will be really great, maybe they'll become merchanting-like skills, where you sell your goods to stores and such.

The ability to dual wield will also be very nice, be able to shoot a fireball at somebody and cut their face up at the same time... Shweet!

I've already pre-ordered, anybody else?

They already did it was Fallout 3.

Oh...oh yea you're right.

But now we have swords!

Oh my God. Bethesda has outdone themselves, and beaten every expectation everyone had, once again. The fact that their bringing back open cell cities will be nice, and the famring, cooking, blacksmithing skills will be really great, maybe they'll become merchanting-like skills, where you sell your goods to stores and such.

The ability to dual wield will also be very nice, be able to shoot a fireball at somebody and cut their face up at the same time... Shweet!

But you could always use magic and melee at the same time...

Anyways, never preorder a Bethesda game. Their games tend to be full of bugs, gamebreakers, and there will 50 dollars worth of DLC that will be included with the GOTY edition that comes out in a few months.

Anyways, never preorder a Bethesda game. Their games tend to be full of bugs, gamebreakers, and there will 50 dollars worth of DLC that will be included with the GOTY edition that comes out in a few months.

No, like the exact same time. Like while your right hand is swinging your sword your left hand is casting a lightning spell. It's a small but important distinction.

No, like the exact same time. Like while your right hand is swinging your sword your left hand is casting a lightning spell. It's a small but important distinction.

Ooo I see. I'll still probably stick with a shield in the other hand though.

Ooo I see. I'll still probably stick with a shield in the other hand though.

Or, you could be casting a shield spell, eh? :D

Man, i killed that Adoring Fan so many times on Dive Rock :D Ah, good times up there.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.