Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LiL chris

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

Oh my God. Bethesda has outdone themselves, and beaten every expectation everyone had, once again. The fact that their bringing back open cell cities will be nice, and the famring, cooking, blacksmithing skills will be really great, maybe they'll become merchanting-like skills, where you sell your goods to stores and such.

The ability to dual wield will also be very nice, be able to shoot a fireball at somebody and cut their face up at the same time... Shweet!

I've already pre-ordered, anybody else?

But you could always use magic and melee at the same time...

Anyways, never preorder a Bethesda game. Their games tend to be full of bugs, gamebreakers, and there will 50 dollars worth of DLC that will be included with the GOTY edition that comes out in a few months.

No, like the exact same time. Like while your right hand is swinging your sword your left hand is casting a lightning spell. It's a small but important distinction.

Ooo I see. I'll still probably stick with a shield in the other hand though.

Same here, especially since they've added shield bashing now.

I am really liking the dynamic weather and shadows. Also the open cell cities. I absolutely cannot wait.

Oh my God. Bethesda has outdone themselves, and beaten every expectation everyone had, once again. The fact that their bringing back open cell cities will be nice, and the famring, cooking, blacksmithing skills will be really great, maybe they'll become merchanting-like skills, where you sell your goods to stores and such.

The ability to dual wield will also be very nice, be able to shoot a fireball at somebody and cut their face up at the same time... Shweet!

I've already pre-ordered, anybody else?

But you could always use magic and melee at the same time...

Anyways, never preorder a Bethesda game. Their games tend to be full of bugs, gamebreakers, and there will 50 dollars worth of DLC that will be included with the GOTY edition that comes out in a few months.

No, like the exact same time. Like while your right hand is swinging your sword your left hand is casting a lightning spell. It's a small but important distinction.

Ooo I see. I'll still probably stick with a shield in the other hand though.

Same here, especially since they've added shield bashing now.

Shield Bashing :D

Duel Wielding shields. Calling it right now.

I am really liking the dynamic weather and shadows. Also the open cell cities. I absolutely cannot wait.

Me too :X I just hope my Laptop will be able to withstand this level of awesomness in a game rofl.

-Gaia

Edited by Gaia

The stuff from today (the technology bit) has made me so excited for this game it's killing me. If they can deliver on even half of these promises it'll be my favorite game.

The stuff from today (the technology bit) has made me so excited for this game it's killing me. If they can deliver on even half of these promises it'll be my favorite game.

I just read the radiant story idea. It'll be amazing if it's pulled off :D

I prefer finding out about games like a week before the come out. Now i'm getting paranoid that all the copied will sell out before I get one even though it's not out until november.

Lucky i'm getting a new laptop before then so I should be pretty sweet for playing it :D

I can't wait for this game. I just hope they stick to making it more like Oblivion, and less like Fallout. Maybe throw a little bit of Morrowind in there.

I'm currently replaying through Oblivion on PC right now, and I made a Dark Brotherhood Vampire. Currently in Shivering Isles, and this is actually my first time playing the SI expansion, and I've gotta say:

This is probably the best expansion/DLC a game ever got.

Erg. Put in my old Oblivion PC disk. So confusing as to the buttons. I press space to jump, then realise that its e, I press left mouse button to activate, suddenly realising I almost attacked someone.

And then I remembered a few console codes. Oh boy.

Brb, much prefer console version. Less cheating. Tempting tempting cheating.

Erg. Put in my old Oblivion PC disk. So confusing as to the buttons. I press space to jump, then realise that its e, I press left mouse button to activate, suddenly realising I almost attacked someone.

And then I remembered a few console codes. Oh boy.

Brb, much prefer console version. Less cheating. Tempting tempting cheating.

What you have to do is make one character to let out all your cheating urges out on. Once you make a god of a character that kills people by looking at them then you can make a character to actually play the game as.

Plus you get mods, tempting, tempting mods. :D

Okay I think now's the best time to get into the TES series. I'm gonna try to pick up Oblivion for my 360. It's been out for around 3 years now so I assume it isn't that expensive.

Okay I think now's the best time to get into the TES series. I'm gonna try to pick up Oblivion for my 360. It's been out for around 3 years now so I assume it isn't that expensive.

I think you can get the GOTY edition for something like 20-30$, which comes with the two largest expansions, Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles, which would cost you way more if you bought them separately. It doesn't come with the smaller DLCs, but those aren't really imoprtant.

Or you know, you could get it on Steam, WITH all the smaller DLC for 25$.

I don't really care for PC gaming. :D

I was reasonably disappointed by Oblivion's expansions. I grew up on Solstheim and nothing can ever compare to that. :D

It's way better. Not to mention the zillions of mods you can implement into Oblivion to make it play and feel however you like.

What do you mean the smaller dlcs aren't important? My horse is mega tank, and I have a gigantic castle with a dagger from the prince of destruction himself. How does that not matter >:o

I have Oblivion (original) oblivion (si/kotn expansions) oblivion (goty) and oblivion (pc) and I think oblivion (all expansions for pc)

First two were bought together, brother lent out, I got tired of not being able to play it, so bought goty edition. Brother bought pc game before the xbox game, but our computer couldn't run it, so I basically took it, works fine this computer, so I bought all the expansions. Not to mention every dlc(apart from orrery) from xbl. I hope Skyrim makes me spend as much money as Oblivion did.

Edited by Herty

I was reasonably disappointed by Oblivion's expansions. I grew up on Solstheim and nothing can ever compare to that. :D

You didn't like a mad Scottish God controlling a realm of surrounded by madness?

Shivering Isles was practically its own game and felt more along the lines of Morrowind than Oblivion.

It's way better. Not to mention the zillions of mods you can implement into Oblivion to make it play and feel however you like.

My PC can't run like any games, and I much prefer playing with a controller on my TV.

Last boat to Solstheim...until the next one. ;D

My PC can't run like any games, and I much prefer playing with a controller on my TV.

Connect your monitor to your TV, and install some drivers and play with a controller.

Not liking Shivering Isles isn't very reasonable at all hth.

Connect your monitor to your TV, and install some drivers and play with a controller.

You meant computer to the TV, right?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.