Sal's RuneScape Forum

Skill Capes!

rimmer

I really don't think that's the problem iAntipoli. if necessary, it would be perfectly simple to even have more than one cape seller. Like the multiple construction cape NPCs.

No, the problem is that skillcapes are very important peices of member's content. A lot of people who, if undecided as to wether to get members or not, could well decide on the balance of the fact that they get to buy their skillcape, or might renew so they can keep wearing said cape.

Personally, I do find this particularly unmotivating. Were I to ever get a 99, I'd really, really want some way of showing that off. But it just doesn't happen. Personally, even though I don't think skillcapes look that good, I'd still like one.

None of this will ever change, though. Jagex never turns what was originally members content into f2p stuff, in case people get really upset. The two holiday quests don't count, as they were originally f2p.

So that's that.

None of this will ever change, though. Jagex never turns what was originally members content into f2p stuff, in case people get really upset. The two holiday quests don't count, as they were originally f2p.

So that's that.

-cough- Duel Arena -Cough- :huh:

I disagree about jagex making it so F2p can buy skillcapes. As helm said, it is a way for them to get money, and it motivates players to become members, for the cape. However, Jagex should at least make it so that players can wear/take off skillcapes on f2p servers, after buying them in members, even if they have to add a requirement to be able to do that; for example, you must have bought at least a year of membership, but it doesn't have to be all at once, or something like that

So that's that.

I disagree about jagex making it so F2p can buy skillcapes. As helm said, it is a way for them to get money, and it motivates players to become members, for the cape. However, Jagex should at least make it so that players can wear/take off skillcapes on f2p servers, after buying them in members, even if they have to add a requirement to be able to do that; for example, you must have bought at least a year of membership, but it doesn't have to be all at once, or something like that

I suppose that makes sense, but it's been suggested lots of times before. And nothing has happened. So there's no point suggesting it.

It is a great shame though, because since dungeoneerign and the 2009 christmas event many players have had to take their capes off.

And, duel arena was because the old wildy got removed...the principle remains the same!

I just laugh at people wearing skillcapes in f2p worlds, I mean no offense but Id much rathrr train dungeoneering than wear my skillcape, and being f2p atm that is the choice I make, but skillcapes may seem like a simple thing to make f2p conten when in reality, I know many many f2pers who purchased 1 month of members to simply buy the cape and stay pure f2p with the cape. Im sure jagex wouldnt consider this...

So that's that.

I suppose that makes sense, but it's been suggested lots of times before. And nothing has happened. So there's no point suggesting it.

It is a great shame though, because since dungeoneerign and the 2009 christmas event many players have had to take their capes off.

And, duel arena was because the old wildy got removed...the principle remains the same!

I am sure I could find more...for example, team capes, and now pretty much any Runescape f2p have access to the forums. Again, I bet there is more.

And I know it has been suggested alot, but I don't think anybody ever made the suggestion about there being a requirement to be able to wear the skillcapes at anytime in f2p, like they must have gotten half a year or a year of membership...or something like that :unsure:

@ andmartel: Yes, but after a while, Dungeoneering would get boring, and some people would prefer to be able to show off their achievement by emote, or looks....not by QC

Edited by chaosor

this topic is a wet squid.

its like saying you should have more levels on a demo or lite version of a game........ well thats whats the full (members) game is for.

if your going to commit months to one skill surely you'd pay for the whole thing?

what do you expect if your playing free???

Edited by elliotMOOSE

Ehh 1 months membership is only ~$5-6. Thats like 1 hour of working for minimum wage.

If you live in the US and are 14-15 years old, get a work permit from your local high school and get a job. Or if you are 16+ just go get a job :huh: If you are under 14, go mow your neighbors yard for $20.

I did the above and have always paid for my own membership. Really no excuse not to be a member considering 1 months fee is akin to buying a BigMac or going to see a movie.

Oh, 19 now, been playing ~4 years now. Going to my local community college then transferring later to a regular 4 year college, so I still live at home, and my parents have no clue I play :unsure: So parents etc. isn't a good excuse either haha.

Anyways, back on topic, I'm 1988 total, 122cb, and my highest skill is 92 herblore. Imo, skillcapes are a dime a dozen. For the price of 92 herblore I could have gotten magic, FM, cook, fletch, and either smithing or crafting, so they are a dime a dozen.

Seems like everyone over level 90 has a skillcape nowdays, I think that being 120+ with NO skillcape is more unique than having one.

Because you can't have a skillcape due to being F2P, think up another goal. Say all 98's in the non combat skills, then when/if you get p2p get a load at once, or try and see how high you can get your total level before you get one.

There are a lot of other just as meaningful goals out there besides 99's.

Lastly, what point is there to a 99? Most skills really stop at ~90. Stat wise, Nomad/Fire/Ardy 3 are better. All a skillcape proves is you spent X hours doing a repetitive action...fail to see the point in grinding:P Imo, do what you like, have fun, and don't fret about getting max exp/hr or high levels. Yes, it may go slower, but it will be more enjoyable.

Ehh 1 months membership is only ~$5-6. Thats like 1 hour of working for minimum wage.

If you live in the US and are 14-15 years old, get a work permit from your local high school and get a job. Or if you are 16+ just go get a job :unsure: If you are under 14, go mow your neighbors yard for $20.

I did the above and have always paid for my own membership. Really no excuse not to be a member considering 1 months fee is akin to buying a BigMac or going to see a movie.

Oh, 19 now, been playing ~4 years now. Going to my local community college then transferring later to a regular 4 year college, so I still live at home, and my parents have no clue I play :mellow: So parents etc. isn't a good excuse either haha.

Anyways, back on topic, I'm 1988 total, 122cb, and my highest skill is 92 herblore. Imo, skillcapes are a dime a dozen. For the price of 92 herblore I could have gotten magic, FM, cook, fletch, and either smithing or crafting, so they are a dime a dozen.

Seems like everyone over level 90 has a skillcape nowdays, I think that being 120+ with NO skillcape is more unique than having one.

Because you can't have a skillcape due to being F2P, think up another goal. Say all 98's in the non combat skills, then when/if you get p2p get a load at once, or try and see how high you can get your total level before you get one.

Lastly, what point is there to a 99? Most skills really stop at ~90. Stat wise, Nomad/Fire/Ardy 3 are better. All a skillcape proves is you spent X hours doing a repetitive action...fail to see the point in grinding:P Imo, do what you like, have fun, and don't fret about getting max exp/hr or high levels. Yes, it may go slower, but it will be more enjoyable.

Uhm, keep in mind that some, if not most areas of the USA area are doing very well atm, economy wise. For example, I am f2p, because I can't get a job, and I am 17. I have applied to all the jobs in the area, and from I hear, there aren't any available jobs within 30 miles of my house...so yea..And the point of the skillcape is to look like you have no life look impressive :huh: Some people enjoy skills, so they get 99 because they enjoy it so much. For example, the 99s I have gotten so far, Wcing, hunter, and construction, are my favorite skills in the game, so I got 99.

Edited by chaosor

If you live in the US and are 14-15 years old, get a work permit from your local high school and get a job. Or if you are 16+ just go get a job :unsure: If you are under 14, go mow your neighbors yard for $20.

Oh, 19 now, been playing ~4 years now. Going to my local community college then transferring later to a regular 4 year college, so I still live at home, and my parents have no clue I play :mellow: So parents etc. isn't a good excuse either haha.

Uhm, keep in mind that some, if not most areas of the USA area are doing very well atm, economy wise. For example, I am f2p, because I can't get a job, and I am 17. I have applied to all the jobs in the area, and from I hear, there aren't any available jobs within 30 miles of my house...so yea..And the point of the skillcape is to look like you have no life look impressive :huh: Some people enjoy skills, so they get 99 because they enjoy it so much. For example, the 99s I have gotten so far, Wcing, hunter, and construction, are my favorite skills in the game, so I got 99.

If you enjoyed the skills, just be content with the fact that you got 99. And it doesn't matter if you have a job or not. P2P is extremely cheap; you could probably find enough for a month just scrounging around the house, or just doing favours for people.

If you enjoyed the skills, just be content with the fact that you got 99. And it doesn't matter if you have a job or not. P2P is extremely cheap; you could probably find enough for a month just scrounging around the house, or just doing favours for people.

Most of my neighbors, or people in the area, aren't doing very well financially. The ones that are..well... I am not going to get into that. anyways, since my parents don't really approve of my playing RuneScape, they hardly give me money for chores. usually, they treat me to something, or get me some stuff online, to avoid me getting members. They only approve, and to be honest, I only like being a member, during a long break, like summer, or christmas break, which atm I have the money for 1 month of RS, which I am saving for December, since I have alot planned (getting 1.2 mill agility exp within a week, maybe less, and making my best RSMV yet, and making a nice amount of cash, and getting Magic to 77, or 78, whichever is the level to alter the house teleport tab.

And I am not just gonna be "content with getting the 99". I am going to be thrilled about it, but I still like the idea of skillcapes, even more so if we could be able to wear and remove them while f2p, or on a f2p server, even if it does have requirements.

If I never was a member, I would've never gotten the two 99s I have now.

90% of the reason why I got the 99s was because of the skill cape.

Although I usually play in p2p, I think f2p should have skill capes as well. The fact that its much harder to get almost any 99 on f2p, they deserve the cape much more.

And I am not just gonna be "content with getting the 99". I am going to be thrilled about it, but I still like the idea of skillcapes, even more so if we could be able to wear and remove them while f2p, or on a f2p server, even if it does have requirements.

I like the idea of allowing players to wear and remove them while on a F2P server, I just don't support the ability for them to become 100% F2P.

who else on f2p is getting fed up with the skill capes being only purchaseable on members only?

it just unmotivates you. tell me what you think :mellow:

Rimmer x :huh:

it annoys me a bit im currently member and i trying to get 99 woodcutting (92 right now yay) and what if my membership runs out wen i get 99 i cant get skill cape :unsure:

I don't see why it's so unmotivating, it's not like people didn't get 99's before they came out. Jagex have said on multiple occasions that they will not make Skillcapes f2p, you'll just have to get used to it i'm afraid.

I don't see why it's so unmotivating, it's not like people didn't get 99's before they came out. Jagex have said on multiple occasions that they will not make Skillcapes f2p, you'll just have to get used to it i'm afraid.

I agree, on my skiller I`m going for many 99's. It's pure F2P so I won't be able to get the capes. It isn't a big deal. It's just there to show off..