Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheKashMan

Woodcutting Help

Question

Hey people. So i'm level 86 wc and I've been cutting yews for a long time to get some money and wc xp. I was wondering what the fastest way from this point on is to get to level 99 and why. Thanks a bunch.

10 answers to this question

Do Ivies. They give faster xp an hr.

Faster, but not fastest. If you get a crystal saw and do the lumber mill, you CAN get 100k exp/h if you concentrate. That's what I'm doing and I'm almost 98 Woodcutting :unsure:

Good luck whatever you do!

:huh:

Faster, but not fastest. If you get a crystal saw and do the lumber mill, you CAN get 100k exp/h if you concentrate. That's what I'm doing and I'm almost 98 Woodcutting :unsure:

Is it worth getting lumberjack clothing?

And there's a level difference between yours and his. At his level you're looking at ivy being faster than sawmill. However, teaks and I hear arctic pines are faster than 100k/h.

Not sure about lumberjack clothing, sorry.

And there's a level difference between yours and his. At his level you're looking at ivy being faster than sawmill. However, teaks and I hear arctic pines are faster than 100k/h.

Mill isn't 100k xp/h, its a bit less, teaks are 100k xp/hr tho, i don't have xp rates on arctic pine because i think they will be slower then both mill and teaks.

Personally, I'd do Ivy. Well I did Ivy. It may not be the fastest exp but I found it fast enough and I could earn money while doing it. I cut Ivy on the South Falador Wall. So I could check up on my Herb/Flower Patches. I farmed those every hour or so and made about 1M/day doing that. Plus the seeds. Another reason was that I enjoyed not having to bank/drop logs and I could AFK.

So in a sense, if you the right level to farm Herbs/Flowers such as Toadflax/Limpwurt Roots and find Ivy the right choice. Compare your total net from doing those in a day to Yews. You may find that you are making about the same, if not more money. That's what I found when I was Wc'ing, and I was about the same level at the time.

Hope I helped.

Like most people have been saying:

1) Grab a D hatchet and chop Ivy (If you don't mind the no profit aspect)

2) Get Crystal saw and go to sawmill

Like most people have been saying:

1) Grab a D hatchet and chop Ivy (If you don't mind the no profit aspect)

2) Get Crystal saw and go to sawmill

You make profit off of Ivy :huh: Maybe not a ton but you do get bird nest's fairly often if you have your sound on or your actually paying attention.

im getting 99 wcing TONIGHT! 500k left cant wait! but from what ive experienced is:

#1: go to the island of neitznot go up to the artic pines cut them, then split them, then deposit them in the log pile (probably 70-100k per hour)

#2: same as the #1 but instead of spliting the logs go and deposit them in the bank (probably 60-100k per hour)

#3: ivy (up to 77k per hour)

Mill isn't 100k xp/h, its a bit less, teaks are 100k xp/hr tho, i don't have xp rates on arctic pine because i think they will be slower then both mill and teaks.

Mill is 105k; Teaks are 100k; Arctic Pines are irrelevant; Ivies are like 77k but you're looking at maybe 69k or less at 86 woodcutting. Teaks I'd estimate to be 83k; and Mill would be somewhere around 85k... :mellow: These figures are basically your maxes and I wouldn't count on achieving them... Lumberjack, if you're only getting 99 isn't hardly worth it, since you're already 86... Doesn't make that much of a difference anyways :/