Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Riddick

Help With Dag Kings

Question

I've never done these successfully before but I'd like to learn how. I'll post my setup so please correct any mistakes. Firstly, here's my stats:

81 attack, 89 strength, 88 defense, 92 hitpoints, 71 prayer, 91 mage, 93 range and 75 summoning.

I don't want to tribrid I only want to do rex, but I'll need tribrid gear to kill supreme and prime when I first get in there.

I'll take full void with the three helms to save space along with slayer staff and infinity boots.

I have no idea what kind of inventory I should take so please let me know what is best.

My plan is to just run in, kill supreme and prime if they attack me and stay in the eastern corner and kill rex with slayer dart.

If any of this isn't any good, please let me know.

4 answers to this question

I've never done these successfully before but I'd like to learn how. I'll post my setup so please correct any mistakes. Firstly, here's my stats:

81 attack, 89 strength, 88 defense, 92 hitpoints, 71 prayer, 91 mage, 93 range and 75 summoning.

I don't want to tribrid I only want to do rex, but I'll need tribrid gear to kill supreme and prime when I first get in there.

I'll take full void with the three helms to save space along with slayer staff and infinity boots.

I have no idea what kind of inventory I should take so please let me know what is best.

My plan is to just run in, kill supreme and prime if they attack me and stay in the eastern corner and kill rex with slayer dart.

If any of this isn't any good, please let me know.

If your only maging, get someone to suicide for you, they run in with no gear on and attack prime and supreme so they don't attack you, then they die/tele and supreme and prime should leave you alone for the rest of the trip unless you walk to near to them, which doesn't happen if you mage correctly. For gear i would say take guthans instead of void, void has such low defence and the bonuses help enough, guthans healing effect can be used on the spinolypes around the side inbetween kills.

The other option being, run in, kill supreme [i perfer to use balmung] then go back up the ladder to get prime off you. Now go back down and run along the side down to rex. As long as prime is far enough away when you come back down he wont bother you.

Gear wise, just bring antipoisons++ and whatever mage gear you may need. Teletabs are important. ROL/ROW + prayer potions [you don't really need these unless you don't want to take damage luring]. You will also need Guthan's set to heal between kills on the spinolyps. A few brews + super restore would be helpful for food and restoring summoning points.

You definitely have a high enough Magic level for Maging.

I'd suggest you get a Suicider (as explained above), do the kill Supreme method (also explained above), or X-Log.

X-Logging is when you log onto a world with a DKS Team, go to the Mage spot and then exit out of the browser so you can re-log back in. This can be risky but for the times I've done it I haven't had too much of a problem. Just make sure to pot up so you have high health/immune to poison. Oh, and pray.

For gear, I don't think you need Void. One reason is that your Magic level is high enough to hit constant 200's/300's on Rex with negative Magic boosting equipment. That is if you use COG and Charge. But even without Charge you can hit those. The Second reason is that the Spinyolyps. Or however they are spelled will hit a lot on you. Even with my 91 Defence, and wearing mostly Veracs when I mage they still do damage.

So my suggestion for gear would be either Guthans (if you want to heal on Spinyolyps), or a Veracs combination. Both these work fine and have their advantages. Just make sure to have a Voids Mace/Staff of Guthix so you can use Claws of Guthix. Which works very well.

Good Luck.

What's a common world for people teaming them?