Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
heb0

New Ban System: We Need Your Feedback!

I agree the 1 year ban should be lessened. If we want people here, we can't force them away. I don't know if that's supposed to be a warning or a punishment. If it's a warning, it should be lessened.

One year sounds over-kill. Six months should be sufficient in my eyes.

Also: "Although it will be ultimately up to the judgment of the moderating team, this will be standard procedure the majority of the time. We will do this to keep people from going quickly from 6 warns to banned in a couple of days like sometimes happens now.".

I personally feel the permanent bans / year long bans should only be discussed by the admin team.

Personally, I don't see much wrong with the seven warn limit. If anything, I think we should lower it to five or six since we're a bit too lenient sometimes.

However, I do like the idea behind ban reviews.

No

There are some good forumers who help others on around 3 warns, so 8 is perfect tbh. I support this proposition.

But can someone explain the reasoning behind being able to see eachothers warns? I was actually coincidentally thinking about this today and I don't understand. :huh:

I agree the 1 year ban should be lessened. If we want people here, we can't force them away. I don't know if that's supposed to be a warning or a punishment. If it's a warning, it should be lessened.

The proposed warning changes are to accommodate people who have changed over time after misbehaving in the past, if you have it much shorter than a year i'm not really sure that you can change much.

The year ban isnt supposed to be a punishment, its supposed to be an opportunity for banned members to grow up and if they decide to return, then to return. The 8th warn is a second chance for the future.

I don't think that 7 is too much. There are multiple members with 5 or 6 bans. But that doesn't mean that they are bad people.

I agree with whoever said that -8 is too much (sorry whoever, don't wanna look back.) No one has achieved -7, much less -8. But for the sake of looking good aesthetically, let's keep it!

I don't think that the 1 year should be lessened. Obviously, a 1 month suspension has not done anything. They need more than 1 month to mature. A year can do a lot.

But can someone explain the reasoning behind being able to see eachothers (sic) warns? I was actually coincidentally thinking about this today and I don't understand.

Nothing, really. It's an invasion of one's privacy.

Good ideas about reviewing bans and one month suspension. I kinda don't like it going up to 8, I'd rather keep it at 7. It's more then enough. One year is a long time but after a mont van and they still do it I guess it's fine (6 months may work too).

I think 7 warns is more than enough. I'm not sure what you have to do to get a warn but it can't be too easy, seeing as how in however many posts (300 as of now) i've got i have none, and i even got a pm about letting old threads die, but still no warns. i think the bans and things are good, but should be applied to four,five and six, or five, six, and seven, having the max number being six or seven. Maybe even five.

Edited by Dr-Horrible

Nothing, really. It's an invasion of one's privacy.

Perhaps its to make you feel shame at what you have done so you are less likely to do it again?

I do like the idea, as it'll give some people some time to mature. My question is: Does this "second-chance/review" thing apply to people who have been banned with less than 7 warns?

I think 6 months would fair better at 7 warnings, but either way it definitely needs to be something long term so it can be taken seriously. Great idea, honestly.

I also think 6 months is more than enough.

Also: "Although it will be ultimately up to the judgment of the moderating team, this will be standard procedure the majority of the time. We will do this to keep people from going quickly from 6 warns to banned in a couple of days like sometimes happens now.".

I personally feel the permanent bans / year long bans should only be discussed by the admin team.

How come? Both Admins and Mods give out warns and it's not as if unbans/suspensions are difficult to undo.

The year ban isnt supposed to be a punishment, its supposed to be an opportunity for banned members to grow up and if they decide to return, then to return. The 8th warn is a second chance for the future.

Pretty much, most people's reaction to their 7th warn will likely stay the same since a year will seem permanent to them. They'll leave and find another forum or just do something else. I believe those who leave for a year and then remember to come back or hop to return deserve a second chance, and it's not as if they're starting fresh because they will still have to work off the warns they earned from before.

Sounds like a good system - what happens if you reach -8?

~Dimos

Instant God status.

Yep, I have to agree, 1 year for the 7th warning is far too much. 6 months sounds perfect though. It's enough time for these forums to still be in their minds, but not so long that they either just start making troll accounts or leave permanently.

The rest seems fine though.

Yep, I have to agree, 1 year for the 7th warning is far too much. 6 months sounds perfect though. It's enough time for these forums to still be in their minds, but not so long that they either just start making troll accounts or leave permanently.

The rest seems fine though.

We don't want the forums to be in their minds though. We want them to leave as they've been banned. If someone has 7 warns we don't want them back really do we?

The year means that If they do in the future happen to think about Sal's they'll be able to come back.

Hopefully as a more mature person. We all regret things in the past, this offers people a second chance to change.

@ Tabt: If that were the case, then they might as well be banned permanently to begin with. :huh: After receiving the 7th warn you get one last chance they can choose to use or not, no point giving them that chance if they have to wait an entire year because they simply won't care anymore at that point.

How come? Both Admins and Mods give out warns and it's not as if unbans/suspensions are difficult to undo.

I just feel outright banning someone from the forums completely is a decision that should only be taken by the administrators, after all, they run the forums.

I'm fine with these new rules. A good change for the better. :huh:

*Gives Stamp of Approval*

Seems like a pointless waste of time to me, if someone is stupid enough to get 7 warnings, they should be banned.

But they aren't supposed to wait. They are banned same as before after 7 warns, if, in a year they are a changed person they get an appeal.

They don't necessarily get to come back, they get an appeal.

This is a good idea and it proposes a much better system of Rules and warns than the current system. This way, a person might actually get more mature in the time that he or she get's a 6th or 7th warn instead of returning to their old ways. I think that the 7th warn system should be reduced to 6 months, instead of a year. As some people would rather get banned and create troll accounts rather than waiting a full year.

I also think that upon getting a 6th warn the warn should be carefully reviewed. There is no sense in suspending someone for a month if they accidentally bumped a topic or something of the sort.

We don't want the forums to be in their minds though. We want them to leave as they've been banned. If someone has 7 warns we don't want them back really do we?
True, leaving it a year in a sense 'seperates the boys from the men'. The people who really want to stay will wait it out and all the people we don't want here will either wait that year or forget.

Let's not forget the purpose of what this is really about though. We want people to be able to get their accounts reviewed after certain amount of time. A year is a suitable punishment considering they would be gone forever anyway and then they have their appeal. We aren't losing people and they aren't forgetting, they would have been banned permanently anyway.

I also think that upon getting a 6th warn the warn should be carefully reviewed. There is no sense in suspending someone for a month if they accidentally bumped a topic or something of the sort.
I don't think the rules are quite that set in concrete. Edited by Fatalysm