Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
heb0

New Ban System: We Need Your Feedback!

Well I guess then that if they get one more warn they get a month suspension and 2nd a year suspension. It would be unfair to impose a ban on them if they were not aware of the punishments for their actions.

Since it's all for the good of the forums and I don't particularly feel like bumping, can i ask what's happened to this?

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/inde...howtopic=330588

Well I guess then that if they get one more warn they get a month suspension and 2nd a year suspension. It would be unfair to impose a ban on them if they were not aware of the punishments for their actions.
Could just lower everyone who is on those warns down by one.

Since it's all for the good of the forums and I don't particularly feel like bumping, can i ask what's happened to this?

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/inde...howtopic=330588

It's still underway. Hopefully once this is out of the way, we can focus on that task and get it sorted out. :huh:

Doesn't sound bad, although so many warnings seems rather excessive.

I just had this idea (not sure if it's been suggested yet)

If user gains +(x) warns in (y) time, ban user for (z) days

If x = 3 and y = 1 day, let z = 15

Not that exact formula, but you get my idea, right?

simply too complex for no real gain

1 year is easy and clear

Okay. Thanks for the comments, everyone. :huh: We'll deliberate and hopefully release the new system shortly!

Okay. Thanks for the comments, everyone. :unsure: We'll deliberate and hopefully release the new system shortly!

You're just obsessed with the word 'ban' being in Forum Announcements :huh:

Okay. Thanks for the comments, everyone. :mellow: We'll deliberate and hopefully release the new system shortly!

You're just obsessed with the word 'ban' being in Forum Announcements :huh:

ur a jerk :unsure:

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2

May want to update this with the -8 and 8 warns.

They haven't actually implemented it yet, they were just asking our opinions on the proposal.

You ruined my hero moment.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

They haven't actually implemented it yet, they were just asking our opinions on the proposal.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I so sorry Cheez :huh:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I so sorry Cheez :huh:

It's okay(:

But at OP, wouldn't this bring legends like Macki back? I garuntee he probably has a forum account lurking here now.

4) Ban Reviews for People Who are Currently Banned: As you've probably realized, this system would leave out people who are banned at the moment. To account for this, we will allow ban reviews for anyone who is currently banned as long as it's been one year since their ban. The staff will handle each review as a group and make decisions on a case-by-case basis.

I'ts based on appeals. So its not certain that any banned members will make it back. I guess they get a case by case review and some way of checking to see if the banned member in question has matured at all in their exile.

Edited by heb0
pretty much right. :)

4) Ban Reviews for People Who are Currently Banned: As you've probably realized, this system would leave out people who are banned at the moment. To account for this, we will allow ban reviews for anyone who is currently banned as long as it's been one year since their ban. The staff will handle each review as a group and make decisions on a case-by-case basis.

I'ts based on appeals. So its not certain that any banned members will make it back. I guess they get a case by case review and some way of checking to see if the banned member in question has matured at all in their exile.

And the fact that it's common knowledge that Macki had his own forums with planned attacks seems to lean against his appeal being accepted :huh:

OK. I think what Morte said is a joke. Am I right?

And Tabt is right. We won't definitely accept them back. It's like any other warn appeal I presume/

And Tabt is right. We won't definitely accept them back. It's like any other warn appeal I presume/

http://salsrealm.wikia.com/wiki/Macki

Ya i'm going to have to say the chances of Macki back are pretty slim.

(Wiki link for yoyoma's sake)

Omg when are we going to implement this already!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure anybody that cares has already posted.

Well I hope this ends well.

Omg banned members back yay.

If I understand this correctly, this means members such as 'Beeboy' and 'Drolleke' will be able to appeal to come back? If that is the case, then this may be one of the best updates that could happen on this forum.

-gazisere :huh:

If I understand this correctly, this means members such as 'Beeboy' and 'Drolleke' will be able to appeal to come back? If that is the case, then this may be one of the best updates that could happen on this forum.

-gazisere :huh:

Drolleke isn't banned. :unsure:

And the mods will review the appeals on a case by case basis to decide who gets to come back. Still, I don't think Beeboy has much of a chance of having his appeal accepted (if he makes one).

http://salsrealm.wikia.com/wiki/Macki

Ya i'm going to have to say the chances of Macki back are pretty slim.

(Wiki link for yoyoma's sake)

Omg when are we going to implement this already!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure anybody that cares has already posted.

Well I hope this ends well.

Omg banned members back yay.

Lol wow.

Today is Sunday, and in the US, that means football. Reading the last Sports Illustrated Edition, I chanced upon a story about Michael Vick.

Michael Vick, for those of you who don't know, is a football player who was suspended for 18 months for dogfighting.

Edit: Do I have a Sals Wiki page? :huh:

He is since back, an amazing ballplayer, and (it seems) truly changed.

I think that this is a great example of how someone can come back, take good steps, and become a respectable member of society/a certain RuneScape forum. Vick has come back and is now a great role model and a great player.

His 18 month suspension represents a 7th ban. Vick came back, after maturing (much like someone after a 1 year ban), and is now a great person.

I think that this story reenforces why we need the 6th ban, and the 7th ban, and the 8th ban.

People can change, and that is why we need these additional bans.

Edited by Yoyoma

Yep, I have to agree, 1 year for the 7th warning is far too much. 6 months sounds perfect though. It's enough time for these forums to still be in their minds, but not so long that they either just start making troll accounts or leave permanently.

The rest seems fine though.

I agree completely. One year seems far too long, especially in forum years. Lowering it by half would keep it in the suspendeds' minds and be more likely to inspire them to change.

-gazisere :unsure:

Drolleke isn't banned. :mellow:

And the mods will review the appeals on a case by case basis to decide who gets to come back. Still, I don't think Beeboy has much of a chance of having his appeal accepted (if he makes one).

I think he means Drokarus :/.

I honestly think this wouldn't affect too many people anyway. I mean, maybe one or two banned members. Beeboy would be one (who surely wouldn't be getting any admin powers back :wub:) and off the top of my head that's the only person who didn't really -deserve- his ban. Drokarus wasn't really the most polite of people :huh: .

I don't understand why a year is too long when in the current system these people would not be coming back at all.

Why does it matter who comes back and who doesn't. All you are achieving by naming them is giving them a podium to stand on.