Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
heb0

New Warning System *and* Ban Reviews

omfg8warns.jpg

For anyone who has been paying attention, we've recently been reforming our banning and warning system. After listening to your feedback, we made some changes and will be implementing our new system on December 8th, one week from today.

Here's a rundown of how things will now work:

1)
New Max/Min Warn levels:
Instead of the warn level system ranging from -7 to 7,
it will now range from -8 to 8

2)
New procedure for the 6th, 7th, and 8th warns:
The sixth warn will now be accompanied, in most cases, by a
one-month suspension
. Although it will be ultimately up to the judgment of the moderating team, this will be standard procedure the majority of the time. We will do this to keep people from going quickly from 6 warns to banned in a couple of days like sometimes happens now.

3)
Temporary and Permanent Bans:
Instead of a straight "once you're banned, you're gone" system, we will give a
nine-month suspension along with the 7th warn
. This is a bit like a ban review system, except it eliminates the difficulties of banning members and later unbanning them.
After the 8th warn, a member will be permanently banned
. If you ban evade during your suspension, it will be extended by six months plus the age of your ban evading account.

4)
Ban Reviews for People Who are Currently Banned:
As you've probably realized, this system would leave out people who are banned at the moment. To account for this, we will allow ban reviews for anyone who is currently banned as long as it's been
nine months
or more since their ban. The staff will handle each review as a group and make decisions on a case-by-case basis.

*-Picture courtesy of Danirijeka

Das good, das good. Now for the only other obstacle we face! Unwanted forums! At least the discussion seems to have opened up a debate as to what time is a long time.

+ the age?

k im changing my age to 0, or is it referring to join date?

Edited by Jacky

+ the age?

Join date. Bascailly however long the ban evading account survived before it was caught.

+ the age?

Join date. Bascailly however long the ban evading account survived before it was caught.

Oooh when I read it I thought you meant the age of the original account, this makes more sense!

Nine months is a good compromise I guess, have fun with all the appeals. :huh:

I agree with all of these ideas but I'm a bit iffy on the warn cap. Its still a good revision through and through.

Edited by Samsara

I must say mods, thank you for compromising with us and choosing the midpoint of 9 months instead of 6 or 12. :huh:

I must say mods, thank you for compromising with us and choosing the midpoint of 9 months instead of 6 or 12. :unsure:

I read that as 'compromising us' and I was like wut THEY KNOW ABOUT US

Good job on the ban review guys, and it proves that voices are heard in Feedback. Only problem is now I have 7 days to get 8 warns :huh:

I still think 9 may be a bit too much, but it's definitely better than a year.

Nice to see some Changes around here guys.

Edited by Mr FANG

Body of the son given willingly, bones of the father taken against his will, flesh of the servant given willingly, the blood of the enemy, and a ban review given willingly to bring back the banned.

I was going to say Lord Condom, but that would have been tacky.

Blessed are the banned, for they shall inherit the forum!

Ia! Ia!

+ the age?

Oooh when I read it I thought you meant the age of the original account, this makes more sense!

Nine months is a good compromise I guess, have fun with all the appeals. :huh:

Yeah. Punishing the oldies more wouldn't be all that fair. :unsure:

Is the girl in pic supposed to be vera???

Lol'd.

Adam? brings up a good point though. Does Richman count? I think he deserves one, because he's the reason why the system is being re-worked. It's been two years, and unless Mean Souls was him too it's been like 3 or so months anyway.

Definitely like the compromise of 9 months. :huh:

Great job, everything's looking better now. Except that I still see < - 7 ( 0 ) 7 > :unsure:

For anyone who has been paying attention, we've recently been reforming our banning and warning system. After listening to your feedback, we made some changes and will be implementing our new system on December 8th, one week from today.

December 8th

For anyone who's been paying attention.....

Apparently you haven't

9 months is good.

It balances the 12 month original with the 6 months suggested by the forum members. :huh:

No comments really.

I have said what I thought in the other thread.

Definitely like the compromise of 9 months. :unsure:

Great job, everything's looking better now. Except that I still see < - 7 ( 0 ) 7 > :mellow:

December 8th

For anyone who's been paying attention.....

Apparently you haven't

Everyone's just too eager to jump on that same small detail. :huh:

Lol'd.

Adam? brings up a good point though. Does Richman count? I think he deserves one, because he's the reason why the system is being re-worked. It's been two years, and unless Mean Souls was him too it's been like 3 or so months anyway.

Each review will be discussed by the staff. I can't give you a yes or no answer because, for one, he hasn't submitted an appeal (no one has, seeing as we haven't implemented this yet :huh:) and two, just as we keep warn logs private, we will keep ban reviews to ourselves to respect the privacy of the user and their warn log.

So does the universe explode when someone reaches -8?

Lol'd.

Each review will be discussed by the staff. I can't give you a yes or no answer because, for one, he hasn't submitted an appeal (no one has, seeing as we haven't implemented this yet :huh:) and two, just as we keep warn logs private, we will keep ban reviews to ourselves to respect the privacy of the user and their warn log.

I'm not asking to see his appeal, I'm asking if he's going to get the chance for one now or will he have to wait 9 months?