Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kingy

Wilderness And Free Trade Vote

I voted Yes just because I never, ever got a chance to pk in the wildy, or do unlimited trades and stake unlimited :( BRING IT BACK

low level pking was the best... standing at edgeville/varrock and pure ranging :D ahh....

Alright, when was the last time you saw a bald headed green shirt and brown pants bot? Not recently.

When was the last time you saw a stupid noob asking somebody for his partyhat? Probably not that soon.

When was the last time you saw someone following behind you asking you for your ultimate armor?

When was the last time you got scammed?

When was the last time you got lured?

I say no. This is bull.

Finally someone who understands :D

Getting lured and scammed? That never really happened to me after i passed 11 years old, "go to f2p on main", noob asking for skill cape emote. *go to soul wars see 100's of bots*

nice points you have there

Also about the economy, how can it get any worse people can merch up items by 100x the value if they wanted, things have rediculous street values, items are unstable as hell and things that you would think to be more expensive without bots have crashed, Personally i enjoyed the economy before the update everything was pretty stable tbh i cant remember items changing price dramatically at all during those times but these days (take sharks for example) well... its mental

Well a plus side of this free trade refferendum, is rares are crashing, and hence I've managed to buy a Green Halloween Mask back :D

Alright, when was the last time you saw a bald headed green shirt and brown pants bot? Not recently.

When was the last time you saw a stupid noob asking somebody for his partyhat? Probably not that soon.

When was the last time you saw someone following behind you asking you for your ultimate armor?

I say no. This is bull.

Go to aubury's rune shop.

Rune Ess bots everywhere.

Go to g.e, noobs asking for phats and money all the time.

Last time I saw someone asking for my armor, well all the time when I go to f2p worlds wearing member stuff.

Scammed, uhmm not me but yesterday some guy got scammed becoz dude was like ya lol you can weild whip, when the guy had 50 att.

Lured, k you got me on that one.

Well a plus side of this free trade refferendum, is rares are crashing, and hence I've managed to buy a Green Halloween Mask back :D

Furies are crashing aswel =[. None too pleased about that.

Edited by Ihrx

I say no. This is bull.

Last time I saw someone asking for my armor, well all the time when I go to f2p worlds wearing member stuff.

Scammed, uhmm not me but yesterday some guy got scammed becoz dude was like ya lol you can weild whip, when the guy had 50 att.

Tbh if you're stupid enough to fall for luring you should be penalised.

I say no. This is bull.

Ya Ikr, only point I couldn't prove wrong :D

I say no. This is bull.

Ya Ikr, only point I couldn't prove wrong :D

Anyway the idiot proof wall is staying so no one can be tricked.

I remember the old days. I would love to see things go back to the way it was. Im scared how it would effect everything but after everyone got settled back in to the swing of things I think it will be great! I can also see them taking forever to implement this whole thing though.

Oh goodie. Scamming, swarms of bots, stolen credit cards, impossible green dragon and clue scrolling.

I haven't played months but I came out of activity just to say this.

This is a really bad idea. Jagex massively underestimates the obstacles they face. Swarms of bots around skilling areas EVERYWHERE. Do they really think they can stop it with just legal power? I have my doubts.

And really, bounty worlds was fun... though with some really bad exploits.

I'm going to laugh so hard if it just turns out they're trolling. I'll buy 5 more years of membership infact.

But meh, maybe I'm just being overly negative. Maybe they really do have better countering units in place.

However, if they remove the grand exchange, I'm going to smash something.

Edited by Sukid

mfw when there are still bots :(

mfw when jagex said that they are updated their systems and the obvious thing that rwt bots are the most obvious things ever so they will probably be the first bot to be banned etc even so they do bring benefits to the game but meh :P

mfw when hordes of people saying there will be millions of bots everywhere and the game will break just like the game was destroyed before 2007 (ohwait) :D

If this is fake me and thousands of other players are not coming back to Runescape, simple as that

I stopped playing in 2008 because of this stupid trade limit. I dont care if there are bots, good for them. There are probably still thousands of bots today. Jagex could easily get rid of bots they just need to impliment some good ideas

I dont understand why you wouldnt want wildy and free trade to come back. If you are afraid of scammers, we arent all as stupid as you. Scammers are easily avoidable if you know anything about Runescape. Dont accept a trade in 2 seconds. If you think the minigames in Wilderness are too risky to go to, Jagex said that they would make them safe somehow (relocation maybe?).

Anyways, limit trade destroys runescape completely. This is probably the worst thing they could have done in my opinion. Limit trade is a joke, why can I give items to my friends? I know RWT, but still. If an idiot wants to buy items with Dollars and Pounds let the idiot do that. He faces crdit card scams account scams and a lot of other junk. I dont care about the idiot the idiot sealed his own fate.

If this is fake me and thousands of other players are not coming back to Runescape, simple as that

I stopped playing in 2008 because of this stupid trade limit. I dont care if there are bots, good for them. There are probably still thousands of bots today. Jagex could easily get rid of bots they just need to impliment some good ideas

I dont understand why you wouldnt want wildy and free trade to come back. If you are afraid of scammers, we arent all as stupid as you. Scammers are easily avoidable if you know anything about Runescape. Dont accept a trade in 2 seconds. If you think the minigames in Wilderness are too risky to go to, Jagex said that they would make them safe somehow (relocation maybe?).

Anyways, limit trade destroys runescape completely. This is probably the worst thing they could have done in my opinion. Limit trade is a joke, why can I give items to my friends? I know RWT, but still. If an idiot wants to buy items with Dollars and Pounds let the idiot do that. He faces crdit card scams account scams and a lot of other junk. I dont care about the idiot the idiot sealed his own fate.

Nicely put.

I voted yes, because:

1. Current Runescape economy is just crap.

Hidden invisible limits for certain items, group price manipulation, having to use "junk" to buy certain rares... Take an example. The current street price of a purple partyhat (entry level phat) is around 800M-1.1B. Which means, either the seller has to put up about 500M of junk (good luck finding a seller), or you have to spend about 2 weeks working your way from masks/santas, to edibles/spirit shields, to disks/rares and finally to the purple. The grand exchange price is fixed, due to the lack of selling and buying on the GE. With free trade, the value of these rares will diminish, as sellers will can easily sell for their price, and not have to worry about 1. getting enough junk, 2. the lower rares crashing.

The rise of manipulation clans is also really unhealthy to the game, with the re-introduction of free trade, their ability to abuse the grand exchange will be limited. (as price ranges will increase, so they'll be busting their banks trying to manipulate... ex. I'm fine with selling my p pots for 17k each on the grand exchange.)

2. Current PK system is way to overinflated and random.

You have people dropping max gear and getting maybe 1/10 of the kill value, you have people edge pking and getting ancient statuettes/vestas off of a full rune kill. Statuettes are pretty much bringing in excess cash to the system, most pkers do not spend this money on cash sinks like construction.

I'll just say that I am firmly against the wilderness. Although the ep system could handle a bit of overhaul, I think that Jagex should have simply implemented "wilderness worlds" in place of some of the underused US and national worlds.

I only support free trade. For scamming, you know.

I think that this will ruin the economy.

How would this possibly ruin the economy? Do you have any proof or train of thought to back this up?

I've written a thread about the subject. Feel free to check it out.

Remember that it is just my opinion.

Pretty sure I already rebuffed your pking points pretty throughly :D

And I don't think you'll be able to scam...it'll probably still say "wealth transferred" at the bottom if ge stays...

Whatever happens to free trade, the GE needs to stay. It's a good place to go to avoid getting scammed generally it's a much more convenient way of buying and selling things. I HATED typing "BUYING X" or "SELLING X". Over and over.

Edited by Sukid

Whatever happens to free trade, the GE needs to stay. It's a good place to go to avoid getting scammed generally it's a much more convenient way of buying and selling things. I HATED typing "BUYING X" or "SELLING X". Over and over.

They said are going to keep it.

Yes they're keeping the GE with the upper and lower price limits removed. What i am wondering about that is will prices still be adjustable. The thing thats troubling me is they said that revenants will be relocated. Where to? I say remove them from game. They don't drop anything good for how tough they are anyway.

The amount of votes coming in increased when they put it on the front page and advertised it on Facebook and other social networking sites.

Edited by Warrior Zynk

I think we're easily going to see 1 million votes by January 14th, only 75,000 to go right now; I just hope that is enough, though.

I think we're easily going to see 1 million votes by January 14th, only 75,000 to go right now; I just hope that is enough, though.

Needs to be a million YES, votes. There's only 880k yes votes so far.

Do you people really think that they'll NEED 1 million yes votes? When there is a 90% majority, disappointing them would be a bad idea. :D

I doubt 1 million votes with a 90% "yes" majority would be seen as a result far enough from 1 million yes to say no to the entire thing. That's just stupid.