Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cxkslei

Jack-nicholson Rules : Obesity And A Solution

In case you're confused.

Rules are simply this:

This is a call to arms. A rallying cry for those with sense and reason to come forth and claim what is rightfully theirs. All Peoples of all Books are welcome, and shall have a rational dialectic discourse. The trolls and petty insults be damned.

Shut up and think.

As usual I shall refrain from offering my stance on how to solve the problem regarding obesity in America for an undetermined time.

Important Standpoints:

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/inde...t&p=3812062

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/inde...t&p=3812221

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/inde...t&p=3812651

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/inde...t&p=3813071

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/inde...t&p=3813331

Reference Sites:

https://health.google.com/health/ref/Obesity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity

http://www.obesityinamerica.org/

http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/trends.html

http://www.drkalsweightlosstips.com/obesity-in-america.html

http://www.weightism.org/thread-409.html

I will add any sites that are used as references for people's points and if I am not able, I ask that a moderator do so.

If you are unaware of the issue, I request, actually refrain that, I demand you do your research before making an extremely bigoted comment.

Edited by Cxkslei

I don't see obesity as a harm to the country in general. You can only do so much to stop other people from doing certain things with their life, but I think if you want to eat and you can afford to, go for it. I'm personally not overweight, and that's a personal decision of mine. There ARE people who have zero control over their weight, but they are far and few between. Obesity is a personal decision, and it should be treated as such.

Anyone who wants to solve it can solve it for themselves, not for others, by way of exercise and proper diet.

I see no issue with obesity.

That is a personal decision if eating what you want makes you happy and you have the money to do it then go ahead.

Until the day comes that it is harming others besides the person who is obese then it should become an issue that needs solving.

But for now its part of population control.

America, really has no reason to stop obesity as everyone pays for their own healthcare, but in Britain obesity is a massive expense to the government through the NHS so it is effecting others as we have to pat for it.

Simple solutins are to make foods in high in salt and fat be more expensive, then comparable healthy food.

I found this and thought a few of you might find it interesting. Source

Many people don't stop to think about how much money the government has to spend to not only promote healthy living, but to pay for other costs as well. So, for those of you thinking that obesity is the way of life, here is how much obesity is costing the nation and guess where it is coming from? That's right; it's coming from your tax dollars.

This is a good question to ask while we see obesity on the rise and becoming a national epidemic. We all know that the government is heading up this new campaign. Their aim is to help kick this obesity crisis so that future Americans are not at risk. However, this is going to come with a cost that all America is going to have to endure.

In 2006 the Centers for Disease Control did a study. This was to see how much organizations that were already promoting trying to get people to lose spent annually. After following this for three years they said that they spent at least a hundred and forty seven billion each year. Now, that is a lot of money and to see so few results that really says something.

Then you look at how much money it costs obese people in medical bills. You might be shocked when we told you how much they spent there. You might have a ball park range, but its nothing near what we would ever have dreamed of. For one year, it is estimated that an obese person is going to spend one thousand four hundred and twenty nine dollars more. This is more than those who are at a normal weight.

Even Medicare and Medicaid has increased how much they cover. What used to be that they covered six point one percent of obese people, which number has went up. They now cover the costs of nine percent of obese people. That is a lot of money for the government to cover the cost of.

What hurts this nation the most are the hospital charges that were made for obese children who had to have hospitalization due to their condition. What used to be that an average of one hundred twenty five million dollars was spent on these poor children in the 2001 year has went up drastically. What are we looking at now for obese children? We are looking at hospitalization costs reaching two hundred and thirty seven million dollars now as of 2009. We are on a losing streak if we stand back and do nothing. Government sees this as what can break the bank. So, that is why there needs to be some motivation on your part if you are obese. Do your part and join this campaign.

While many of you think it's all about money, money only has something to do with it. Look at the scores in physical education due to the fact that children can't meet the criteria because they are obese and out of shape. Look at how many are in counseling due to the results of society criticizing them for their whole life. Look at how many are just down right miserable. Then look at where you are and the example you set.

So basically obesity costs a lot of money, and not just for the obese people.

Obesity doesn't condemn America. There are of course the statistics there to show that obesity levels are high in some people. You must ask yourself though, how do they get these figures. It's not as if everyone in America gives their weight. The reason for obesity to be at the front of our minds is that stereotype. I won't lie and will tell you that when I went to America I was shocked at the massive amounts I was served. Also a woman serving me food actually asked "would you like some cheese on your cheese".

The fault, can only lie therefore with the people feeding themselves, fast food chains and restaurants for dominating the Market with 'mega meals' and of course if a person is given a 'mega meal' they accustom themselves to those meals. You can blame only yourself for becoming obese unless of course it's medical, but the problem is provoked by industry food giants.

You do see the occasional obese person, but it's really like every other westernised society. Not everyone Is a massive blob.

Tackling this problem would in the end mean discouraging the citizens of the nation in question from eating foods high in saturated fat and sugar.

Any programs should start by implementing short term solutions to the problem. This could only mean raising prices for major sources of fat and sugar intake. Raising taxes on fizzy drinks should definitely be one of the first actions. Studies have shown them being one of the main factors to a unbalanced diet. Then of course there's the chips and sweet bars. Again, these junk foods very much cause high fat intake for children and higher prices would discourage parents from buying then and stocking their shelves with junk food to be eaten everyday.

Then we move to the fast food stands. That move by California to ban toys is a stroke of genius in my mind. Advertisement is all about getting the customer back into the store over and over again. It's especially effective with young children who are unable to see past the bright colours and toys. Limit or cut off advertisement campaigns by restaurants like McDonalds. Children will keep coming back if forced to collect all the Ben 10 toys by Ronald McDonald and friends. If needed, limit air time for advertisements of fast food chains on TV.

Those are short term solutions mind you. Those require alot of political will and determination to implement but are important building blocks in a national campaign against obesity.

Then we need to change the culture's perception of food as a whole. That starts with the school lunches served in cafeterias. They need to stop serving pizza, nuggets and fries to kids. I was appalled after watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. Appalled. Pizza for a child's breakfast in a school canteen. No fresh fruit. Milk with as much artificial flavouring as fizzy drinks. The USDA has resources to provide children with fresh meat nd vegetables every day at school but this isn't used and is overshadowed by orders for more cheap food. Again, a more quicker and effective way to lower fat intake than other programs. Can easily be implemented with enough political will in school districts across the country. Several at first naturally and it would go nation wide after several test runs. The same way it was implemented by the Blair government in the UK.

It is indeed absurd that many school districts have no money to finance such an overhaul in their food diet. The federal school meals budget is $11.9 billion a year. By comparison, healthcare spending on obesity is already $147 billion. It doesn't add up. The US should implement a massive overhaul in their public school canteens. It's just common sense. Small changes can make a massive difference. Here's something you guys should read.

-The recommended serving size for milk in schools is 8oz

-Kids get milk for breakfast and lunch – that’s 16oz per day.

-A serving of milk naturally contains 12 grams of sugar (lactose) – that’s 3 teaspoons.

-The National Dairy Council (NDC) says a serving of flavoured milk has about 4 teaspoons of added sugar. If a kid drinks two servings, that’s 8 extra teaspoons of sugar per day they don’t need.

-A can of soda which has about 7 teaspoons.

-Three teaspoons of natural sugars plus 4 teaspoons of added sugar also equals 7, which means that flavoured milk has the same amount of sugar as soda.

These flavoured milks are a popular drink in many US canteens. That needs to be fixed.

Edited by Phoenix Rider

Obesity doesn't condemn America. There are of course the statistics there to show that obesity levels are high in some people. You must ask yourself though, how do they get these figures. It's not as if everyone in America gives their weight. The reason for obesity to be at the front of our minds is that stereotype. I won't lie and will tell you that when I went to America I was shocked at the massive amounts I was served. Also a woman serving me food actually asked "would you like some cheese on your cheese".

The fault, can only lie therefore with the people feeding themselves, fast food chains and restaurants for dominating the Market with 'mega meals' and of course if a person is given a 'mega meal' they accustom themselves to those meals. You can blame only yourself for becoming obese unless of course it's medical, but the problem is provoked by industry food giants.

You do see the occasional obese person, but it's really like every other westernised society. Not everyone Is a massive blob.

It kills me when I hear about people suing McDonald's for "making them fact" and I die a bit inside when they actually win the lawsuit.

McDonald's or any fast food chain does not force you to go in their restaurant or forces you to order the largest meal on the menu.

So if people genuinely order these things can we blame the restaurants for appealing to demand?

People can file legal paperwork and afford lawyers for huge lawsuits but a restaurant is supposed to hold their hands when it comes to what they eat? It boggles the mind.

the problem is that food that is unhealthy is cheaper than the healthy counter-part. if we really wanted to solve the problem we'd have to change how we price foods and the such. because if you can only afford so much to set aside for food and what is in your budget is the unhealthy shizzle then that's what your going to buy

offtopic: lol jack-nicholson is reading this topic :(

EDIT:@nemo

but if you did walk into a mcdonalds you would instantly feel a lot more hungry than you actually are because of all those fats and shizzle cooking which by nature makes you feel hungry :D

but yeh i agree with you

Edited by mad max

It kills me when I hear about people suing McDonald's for "making them fact" and I die a bit inside when they actually win the lawsuit.

McDonald's or any fast food chain does not force you to go in their restaurant or forces you to order the largest meal on the menu.

So if people genuinely order these things can we blame the restaurants for appealing to demand?

People can file legal paperwork and afford lawyers for huge lawsuits but a restaurant is supposed to hold their hands when it comes to what they eat? It boggles the mind.

I think you are quite right, it is extremely stupid that people can get away with that and I would never say that the blame wasn't with the person making themselves fat. However, take this into consideration. Whilst I was in America, I was never served a small portion of anything. I know completely that it would be down to me if I got fat, however it isn't helped that the most convinient nice food is prepared that large or that quickly.

As I said, I was offered more cheese on a meal which was already coated in cheese. Something I never mentioned, besides the large portions I was getting some bacon. What more excessive and stupid than putting chocolate on it?! I'm just saying, these mega food industries don't help anybody by giving them cheap massive and quick meals. Everyone gives in to temptation and I'm not sure on your stance but if ever I'm given a plate of something I try to finish it.

People are wrong for sueing them in such a way, but they are wrong for tempting them. Obviously what has happened is a battle to give the best prices and bigger meals and once you are there you can't easily retract that sort of offer. Now you have a situation where people expect a bigger meal especially since they are getting obese because of it.

It's not everyone, but like me, a lot of people struggle with will power.

You are to blame for your weight, but as long as the money is coming in, business will never help.

I think you are quite right, it is extremely stupid that people can get away with that and I would never say that the blame wasn't with the person making themselves fat. However, take this into consideration. Whilst I was in America, I was never served a small portion of anything. I know completely that it would be down to me if I got fat, however it isn't helped that the most convinient nice food is prepared that large or that quickly.

As I said, I was offered more cheese on a meal which was already coated in cheese. Something I never mentioned, besides the large portions I was getting some bacon. What more excessive and stupid than putting chocolate on it?! I'm just saying, these mega food industries don't help anybody by giving them cheap massive and quick meals. Everyone gives in to temptation and I'm not sure on your stance but if ever I'm given a plate of something I try to finish it.

People are wrong for sueing them in such a way, but they are wrong for tempting them. Obviously what has happened is a battle to give the best prices and bigger meals and once you are there you can't easily retract that sort of offer. Now you have a situation where people expect a bigger meal especially since they are getting obese because of it.

It's not everyone, but like me, a lot of people struggle with will power.

You are to blame for your weight, but as long as the money is coming in, business will never help.

I agree with you but I think it comes down to differences in culture as well.

In the US the service/retail industry is extremely competitive everyone is trying to offer their customers the most for the least amount of money as possible.

I think this naturally ends up with restaurants trying to figure out how they can offer the most amount of food for cheap as possible. No one is ever going to go away from this model because Americans are never going to pay more for less. So if a company wants to stay in business they have to play ball.

Now what can be done to probably help the situation is if restaurants that specialize in healthier foods like Subway for example can compete on price better with McDonalds.

Making their order systems more efficient probably helps as well. In Subway for example if there is any large group of people I may be in there for 20 mins before I can even make my sandwich.

Edited by Emo_Nemo

Phoenix has summed up my thoughts perfectly. An eloquent gentlemen with facts to boot. Perfect.

And what irks me even more is how can any good Christian proclaim their faith openly and with pride while they sit idly and stuff their face, until their body becomes nothing more than a putrid pile of flesh with a brain siting atop? Sloth, greed, and gluttony must be opposed in whatever form they may take.

Mandatory physical education in all grades of school is a must.

A strong body and strong mind make a strong citizen, which is the cornerstone of any commonwealth.

Phoenix has summed up my thoughts perfectly. An eloquent gentlemen with facts to boot. Perfect.

And what irks me even more is how can any good Christian proclaim their faith openly and with pride while they sit idly and stuff their face, until their body becomes nothing more than a putrid pile of flesh with a brain siting atop? Sloth, greed, and gluttony must be opposed in whatever form they may take.

A strong body and strong mind make a strong citizen, which is the cornerstone of any commonwealth.

Sadly, many schools are not given enough funds to finance effective physical education programs. It's gotten to the point where they are being regarded as extra-curricular.

Edited by Phoenix Rider

the problem is that food that is unhealthy is cheaper than the healthy counter-part. if we really wanted to solve the problem we'd have to change how we price foods and the such. because if you can only afford so much to set aside for food and what is in your budget is the unhealthy shizzle then that's what your going to buy

but if you did walk into a mcdonalds you would instantly feel a lot more hungry than you actually are because of all those fats and shizzle cooking which by nature makes you feel hungry :D

but yeh i agree with you

Actually, it's generally cheaper to make your own meals. It's just easier to get fast food.

Tbh, a way to tackle the fast food culture is to limit the air-time each company gets to advertise their product. I think that's what's done here with alcohol, but I'm not sure.

Sadly, many schools are not given enough funds to finance effective physical education programs. It's gotten to the pint where they are being regarded as extra-curricular.

Luckily, Britain has pushed in with increased emphasis on Physical Education, however, there is a problem in that schools aren't allowed to let kids feel like they have failed, i.e. lose. So a lot of sports aren't played :D

I don't know fully how the US system works but I can't see any reason why they wouldn't fund sports. Firstly as it would help reduce childhood obesity in the short term and it would en-still, to some extent, the need to exercise as part of a normal routine.

Actually, it's generally cheaper to make your own meals. It's just easier to get fast food.

Tbh, a way to tackle the fast food culture is to limit the air-time each company gets to advertise their product. I think that's what's done here with alcohol, but I'm not sure.

I think what he meant is that products in super markets which are high in fats, sugars and salts are cheaper than the healthier versions. If you just look at the cheap breads, meats, and tinned produce. It is so much cheaper than the unprocessed versions.

Tackling this problem would in the end mean discouraging the citizens of the nation in question from eating foods high in saturated fat and sugar.

Which is why I suggested ending the goddamn produce price fixing. When EA does it, the government sues them. When the Farm Board does it, we're saving farmers. This legal schizophrenia needs to stop, and now.

Any programs should start by implementing short term solutions to the problem. This could only mean raising prices for major sources of fat and sugar intake. Raising taxes on fizzy drinks should definitely be one of the first actions. Studies have shown them being one of the main factors to a unbalanced diet. Then of course there's the chips and sweet bars. Again, these junk foods very much cause high fat intake for children and higher prices would discourage parents from buying then and stocking their shelves with junk food to be eaten everyday.

Um. But that's all a lot of people can afford. So you suggest starving the less-off public to death? No mention of removing farm subsidies and produce price fixing? Did you not know that sugar price fixing alone costs American consumers $100b annually? Or the fact that if we quit that, Americans could buy desserts with real sugar instead of HFCS, and reduce health risks significantly? And get rid of fruit juices laden with HFCS while we're at it?

Then we move to the fast food stands. That move by California to ban toys is a stroke of genius in my mind. Advertisement is all about getting the customer back into the store over and over again. It's especially effective with young children who are unable to see past the bright colours and toys. Limit or cut off advertisement campaigns by restaurants like McDonalds. Children will keep coming back if forced to collect all the Ben 10 toys by Ronald McDonald and friends. If needed, limit air time for advertisements of fast food chains on TV.

Or you could encourage fast food restaurants to make the healthier options cost less. Studies show that kids given a room full of a wide variety of foods tend to gravitate towards fruits, which contain more sucrose and dextrose, lower health risks involved. That would also be easier and would piss off fewer Republicans.

Those are short term solutions mind you. Those require alot of political will and determination to implement but are important building blocks in a national campaign against obesity.

A lot harder than just ending the stupid farm subsidies.

Then we need to change the culture's perception of food as a whole. That starts with the school lunches served in cafeterias. They need to stop serving pizza, nuggets and fries to kids. I was appalled after watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. Appalled. Pizza for a child's breakfast in a school canteen. No fresh fruit. Milk with as much artificial flavouring as fizzy drinks. The USDA has resources to provide children with fresh meat nd vegetables every day at school but this isn't used and is overshadowed by orders for more cheap food. Again, a more quicker and effective way to lower fat intake than other programs. Can easily be implemented with enough political will in school districts across the country. Several at first naturally and it would go nation wide after several test runs. The same way it was implemented by the Blair government in the UK.

Pizza served in US cafeterias, in my experience, is often laden with nothing better than butter or margarine. Sheesh, if they'd just put olive oil in it, that would be a huge step in the right direction. But again, I'm brought right back to where I started, the goddamn farm subsidies. I bet you didn't expect that to keep cropping up, did you? Literally almost every obesity issue in America these days can be attributed to FDR's greatest and longest-lasting achievement (the farm subsidies predated Social Security by a handful of years).

It is indeed absurd that many school districts have no money to finance such an overhaul in their food diet. The federal school meals budget is $11.9 billion a year. By comparison, healthcare spending on obesity is already $147 billion. It doesn't add up. The US should implement a massive overhaul in their public school canteens. It's just common sense. Small changes can make a massive difference.

While you're at it, could you tell the Department of Defense that by ordering Tomcat-21s, Super Hornets, and Fighting Falcon Block 60s, they could save about $300 billion?

-The recommended serving size for milk in schools is 8oz

-Kids get milk for breakfast and lunch – that’s 16oz per day.

-A serving of milk naturally contains 12 grams of sugar (lactose) – that’s 3 teaspoons.

-The National Dairy Council (NDC) says a serving of flavoured milk has about 4 teaspoons of added sugar. If a kid drinks two servings, that’s 8 extra teaspoons of sugar per day they don’t need.

-A can of soda which has about 7 teaspoons.

-Three teaspoons of natural sugars plus 4 teaspoons of added sugar also equals 7, which means that flavoured milk has the same amount of sugar as soda.

These flavoured milks are a popular drink in many US canteens. That needs to be fixed.

That's not the main problem. The main problem is that cafeteria staffs are not known for refilling milk machines. I can't tell you how much more milk I would be drinking if the staff in my school's caf would just refill the milk machine.

but yeh i agree with you

I don't think that would work because most people who see an advertisement on TV don't immediately hop in their car to go get it. It's more along the lines of hearing about it and making a mental note for next time you go. Not really much of a difference if you were gonna go anyways.

I think a good solution would be making healthier foods more competitive with more fatty chains.

$5 at Subway will buy me a basic sub or a "gourmet" 6 inch and that's only for the sub if I want pop and chips I think its another $2.

$5 at McDonald's will get me a quarter pounder combo with fries and a drink.

Me personally I try to eat at Subway whenever possible but sometimes I just do not have $8 to spend on a decent meal from Subway.

but yeh i agree with you

I don't think that would work because most people who see an advertisement on TV don't immediately hop in their car to go get it. It's more along the lines of hearing about it and making a mental note for next time you go. Not really much of a difference if you were gonna go anyways.

I think a good solution would be making healthier foods more competitive with more fatty chains.

$5 at Subway will buy me a basic sub or a "gourmet" 6 inch and that's only for the sub if I want pop and chips I think its another $2.

Me personally I try to eat at Subway whenever possible but sometimes I just do not have $8 to spend on a decent meal from Subway.

Subway is not any better than McDonalds. The calorific content and salt levels are horrific.

offtopic: lol jack-nicholson is reading this topic :P

but yeh i agree with you

Subway is not any better than McDonalds. The calorific content and salt levels are horrific.

damn you beat me to it :D

any fast food chain or restaurant as a general rule of thumb is really bad for you. recently on a trip to ruby tuesdays there menu said there "trim and fit" items started at less than 700 calories<-not very healthy imo :(

the problem lies in the price factor, granted cooking at home is a lot cheaper and can be healthier but that all depends what you eat again.

it's cheaper to go buy a bag of chips and eat those than an apple or 2...

offtopic: lol jack-nicholson is reading this topic :P

but yeh i agree with you

damn you beat me to it :D

any fast food chain or restaurant as a general rule of thumb is really bad for you. recently on a trip to ruby tuesdays there menu said there "trim and fit" items started at less than 700 calories<-not very healthy imo :(

the problem lies in the price factor, granted cooking at home is a lot cheaper and can be healthier but that all depends what you eat again.

it's cheaper to go buy a bag of chips and eat those than an apple or 2...

Its a matter of price and convenience.

And for some people like singles and couples it's actually cheaper to go out and eat something then it is to cook at home unless you want something extremely basic or something that may be just as unhealthy as the fast food you were going to eat anyways.

Edited by Emo_Nemo

And for some people like singles and couples it's actually cheaper to go out and eat something then it is to cook at home unless you want something extremely basic or something that may be just as unhealthy as the fast food you were going to eat anyways.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ha

It's cheaper for single people to go out and eat? My god you have no idea!

I'm a Uni student so I pay for all my meals, and for £25 a week I can eat pretty well and get all my meat, veg and carbs and the correct amounts of them. £25 may be able to get me through a day of meals eating out. I literally have no idea how you can consider the rip off that is a £6.49 Burger King meal a cheap way for people to eat out.

When I eat at fast food restaurants it is out of the fact that my options are limited to that.

Ha

I'm a Uni student so I pay for all my meals, and for £25 a week I can eat pretty well and get all my meat, veg and carbs and the correct amounts of them. £25 may be able to get me through a day of meals eating out. I literally have no idea how you can consider the rip off that is a £6.49 Burger King meal a cheap way for people to eat out.

When I eat at fast food restaurants it is out of the fact that my options are limited to that.

agreed, no way in hell is eating out cheaper than cooking at home, were do you get this notation nemo?

let's say you had got a $5 dollar meal at subway or something for ever meal(who would do that right)? that's $15 a day for just the sub and assuming there are 31 days to said month that will cost you $465 assuming you don't need to drink anything :(

breakfast of cereal at home, box will cost you mabye $5 and milk for a gallon another $3-4 depending what brand, i see 8 dollars for like a week of breakfast.

lunch of turkey sandwich and water to drink or something, idk? will probably cost you no more than 30-50 cents per sandwich.

dinner pasta dishes are damn cheap to make and frozen/fresh vegetables are pretty cheap, no more than $5 dollars a meal

so let's say $8 a week on breakfast, $2.80 on lunch(40 cent's per) and $35 for dinner, so that's $45.80 a week and $183.20 a month, granted it's simple and i probably don't have all prices right( the breakfast is though :D) yeh so much cheaper than eating out

and seeing as the average person would spend way more than $5 to eat out...

Ha

I guess the difference is a matter of exchange rate or eating out in the US is cheaper then that of the UK. Because £6.49 is equivalent to $10 in the US a meal at BK in the US is about $6.

Here it is cheaper to sit in a diner and get 3 square meals a day than it is to make the equivalent at home.

agreed, no way in hell is eating out cheaper than cooking at home, were do you get this notation nemo?

let's say you had got a $5 dollar meal at subway or something for ever meal(who would do that right)? that's $15 a day for just the sub and assuming there are 31 days to said month that will cost you $465 assuming you don't need to drink anything

breakfast of cereal at home, box will cost you mabye $5 and milk for a gallon another $3-4 depending what brand, i see 8 dollars for like a week of breakfast.

lunch of turkey sandwich and water to drink or something, idk? will probably cost you no more than 30-50 cents per sandwich.

dinner pasta dishes are damn cheap to make and frozen/fresh vegetables are pretty cheap, no more than $5 dollars a meal

so let's say $8 a week on breakfast, $2.80 on lunch(40 cent's per) and $35 for dinner, so that's $45.80 a week and $183.20 a month, granted it's simple and i probably don't have all prices right( the breakfast is though ) yeh so much cheaper than eating out

and seeing as the average person would spend way more than $5 to eat out...

That's great if you consider a sandwich a meal. What you listed gives you no where near the nutrients and calories needed per day. Especially if you do any kind of fitness.

Edited by Emo_Nemo

Ha

I guess the difference is a matter of exchange rate or eating out in the US is cheaper then that of the UK. Because £6.49 is equivalent to $10 in the US a meal at BK in the US is about $6.

Here it is cheaper to sit in a diner and get 3 square meals a day than it is to make the equivalent at home.

um $6 dollars at fastfood would get you the burger, sdies why would you want to eat out ever meal of the day, that's kind of gross

and i highly doubt it's cheaper