Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Person12123

What Did You Vote In The Wilderness/free Trade Referendum?

Wildy/Free Trade Referendum  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What was your vote?

• Yes - Bring it back
    • No - Don't bring it back
    • Don't Care

I bet Jagex will say something about a stream of new accounts being created to vote yes so they won't because the vote is "rigged".

I don't care either way.

I voted yes, I've wanted them back since they left, I can't wait. :D

nobody sees the flaws in this do they!

1. the people who were looting off dragons need to find a new method of making money - better add more dragons

2. Traveling to a mini game will be a pain in the rear. - create a safe travel lane

3. some quests involve the wildly, i want to be able to do quest without player confrontation. - move them

4. I feel srry for weak players - XP

5. GE: prices will sky rocket! but free trade, its alright - many rpgs do this but im wondering if runescape can adapt to it

1. Why? There were dragons there before wildy so why move them now?

2. They said they will move the mini-games located in Wildy

3. Also the quests in wildy will be moved

4. Why? If you're "a weak player" just don't go in wildy :P

5. No they wont. Maybe the PK items will rise a bit, but not "skyrocket".

well i make my money off dragons so going into the wildy for them is out of the question

There were dragons before the removed the PKing in wilderness, ya know. They were actually very popular pking spots :(.

Edited by Mr FANG

Want to solve your green dragon problem.. do this..

70 Agility

60 Dung (If cannoning)

There you go.. blue dragons are the new 600k/hr

1. the people who were looting off dragons need to find a new method of making money - better add more dragons

2. Traveling to a mini game will be a pain in the rear. - create a safe travel lane

3. some quests involve the wildly, i want to be able to do quest without player confrontation. - move them

5. GE: prices will sky rocket! but free trade, its alright - many rpgs do this but im wondering if runescape can adapt to it

Ge prices will actually deflate lol, it's currently artificially inflated due to the huge amount of pure coins coming from statuettes entering the game.

Green dragons will still be farmable in chaos tunnels, plus you'll have tons of worlds to hop to. It won't be that big of a change.

Quests and minigames will be moved according to Jagex.

Just wondering what will happen to treasure trails that involve going into the wildy?

Owait... person above said minigames will be moved. :D Voted yes.

Edited by Stormer

Just wondering what will happen to treasure trails that involve going into the wildy?

Owait... person above said minigames will be moved. :D

TTs aren't going to be that much difficult lol, most worlds, wildy is extremely deserted. The chances of a pker being not at green dragons/edge/mage bank is extremely small :(

Vote Quimby.

I personally voted no.

I despise scamming (getting scammed, and seeing it). I mean, I never really get scammed myself (except that one time when I was a newby), but when everyone and their grandmother tries to scam you, it just gets old. Remember that guthans spear/leaf bladed spear scam? Trying to get full guthans before the GE was a nightmare.

I'm also curious as to why Jagex is even considering bringing back the wildy/free trade? Didn't they get rid of it to stop RWT? Kind of hypocritical of them if you ask me. :D

I wonder if there'll be an army of lvl 3's taking up all the resources like before?

Vote Quimby.

I despise scamming (getting scammed, and seeing it). I mean, I never really get scammed myself (except that one time when I was a newby), but when everyone and their grandmother tries to scam you, it just gets old. Remember that guthans spear/leaf bladed spear scam? Trying to get full guthans before the GE was a nightmare.

GE is still going to be in game which means it'll be just as easy to get full guthans. If you buy everything from the GE then you don't need to worry about scams.

Vote Quimby.

I'm also curious as to why Jagex is even considering bringing back the wildy/free trade? Didn't they get rid of it to stop RWT? Kind of hypocritical of them if you ask me. :D

I wonder if there'll be an army of lvl 3's taking up all the resources like before?

From what they've said they have new bot detection services and they're taking legal action against sites that are producing these bots. They think they have the power to keep botting at least around its current level if not make improvements. They've said it themselves, if they didn't think they could control botting and RWT then they wouldn't be giving us this option.

I voted yes because honestly one of my least favorite things in the wild is the revs... Sure you can run from them (Provided they don't freeze you/teleblock you or do something else to make your trip a living nightmare.) but the fact is they are ALWAYS there. Pkers were not and avoiding them was easier since you could see their dot before they attacked you. And you could talk to Pkers and I ran into plenty who would just let you go if you're were just out looking for a clue scroll or doing some little task. Revs, they kill you on sight no matter what.

But really free trade is what I want back. I miss the days where I could go around flipping things for large amounts of cash instead of the smaller 1-5% flips of the GE. Granted those are probably not going to be back in the same way but there are always people willing to spend extra cash for quick items which the current limits block. And then gifts were always nice, I gave/received millions of gp worth of gifts in the early years of my career and I would like to see that return since it's always nice being able to help people out.

Go on a botting site. I've done it. Now notice that all the programs are now aimed at main and pker accounts instead of lv 3s. That's the problem, the mains are botting instead of the lv3s.

It's stupid not to vote yes in my opinion, free trade benefits everyone and pking harms no one but will greatly help out people like myself :D

when in 2009 did you join?

when in 2009 did you join?

You misspelt 2010, he wouldn't of managed to join in 09 and do all of the wilderness quests :(

i voted yes cus tbh im fed up of having to give people junk wenever i want to lend them something for like 20k an hour or 10... etc

It's funny how some people talk about Treasure Trails or Dragons being impossible to access because of PKers, while people had to do them in old wildy all the time :D

People succeeded doing that before and will succeed doing that now :(

Sure it'll be a little harder, but it's not impossible. I killed Green drags in old wildy and sure there were some annoying PKers, but you weren't supposed to take expensive stuff out in wildy :P

For all those people worried about the return of scamming, it's pretty hard to miss the big, flashing, red expression mark that appears now.

Voted yes, just because. I'm close to getting my 99s, so all I'll be doing for a while is having pure fun. Any downsides to this can do whatever :D

I voted yes, because RuneScape has never been the same since then.

I've voted no. Firstly because I don't trust that Jagex will think through all the consequences, creating a second "Rock Climbing boot scandal".

Secondly, free trade benefits botters. I know of some friends who have 100m+ spread over several accounts and who will get to use it.

My third reason is that, while free trade removal and wilderness removal was a bitter pill to swallow for some, I think it was a good thing to do. Now, by turning it back, it will negate all the good things and it would have just damaged the community and gameplay. Although not favoured by some loud voices in the community, Jagex should follow through with unpopular decisions if it benefits the community and the game in the long run.

~Razorlike

I voted NO because I'm absolutely not convinced that Jagex can stop the real world trading and all it's consequences like gold farming bots and unfair advantage without the removal of the old wildy and free trade

and RWT is lethal to a game like runescape, remember diablo...

Edited by Egghebrecht

I voted NO because I'm absolutely not convinced that Jagex can stop the real world trading and all it's consequences like gold farming bots and unfair advantage without the removal of the old wildy and free trade

I whole heartedly agree. I think things are fine the way they are and that jagex doesn' t know what they are getting into.

From what I've heard removing the wildy/free trade did very little to actually combat RWT. People found work-arounds more or less immediately. Having free trade seems almost inconsequential to your worries

Professional RWT has continued, however "back in the days" it was very easy for just any kid to download a script, bot away and make a couple of euro's along the way.

~Razorlike

From what I've heard removing the wildy/free trade did very little to actually combat RWT. People found work-arounds more or less immediately. Having free trade seems almost inconsequential to your worries

Professional RWT has continued, however "back in the days" it was very easy for just any kid to download a script, bot away and make a couple of euro's along the way.

~Razorlike

I think it still lessened a lot, the real gold farmers and ingame traders are pretty much gone

I haven't seen a swarm of gold farming bots or rwt advertiser in the 3 years since

and that is one hell of a change

I voted don't care because I really don't. Ill still play the game regardless.

~Razorlike

I think it still lessened a lot, the real gold farmers and ingame traders are pretty much gone

I haven't seen a swarm of gold farming bots or rwt advertiser in the 3 years since

and that is one hell of a change

That's because you're not looking properly and don't know what to look for.

Hotspots would be Sorcerers garden, yews and daynor farmer. They're all bots, its just now rwt has been removed its botted straight onto the account.

Bots are still there and the numbers are, while not at 07 levels, very prominent. Rwt still exists in a proffesional term, just give it a google.

It's funny how some people talk about Treasure Trails or Dragons being impossible to access because of PKers, while people had to do them in old wildy all the time :D

People succeeded doing that before and will succeed doing that now :(

Sure it'll be a little harder, but it's not impossible. I killed Green drags in old wildy and sure there were some annoying PKers, but you weren't supposed to take expensive stuff out in wildy :P

3 years ago is something and today is another thing.cause of more wepones rs players has increased all of this makes it much harder

@ ali i used to be at Sorcerers garden, yews and daynor farmer by the word "all" this means iw as botting?

Edited by marowo