Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Common Sense

King Of The Dwarves

"No band of petty councillors can preserve this city through its darkest days — only a king."

Those are the words of the Azdaran Fragment, the oldest surviving document in the history of Keldagrim. Keldagrim’s Age of Kings came to an end centuries ago, and even the last king’s statue now bears the face of one of Keldagrim’s current rulers, the Consortium of Mining Companies. But there are still those who would see a return to the Age of Kings — and even more who simply want the Consortium removed from power, without regard for what would come afterwards.

Is the Azdaran Fragment simply a statement of its writers’ beliefs, or will it prove to be a grim prophecy? Facing unrest within the city and enemies outside it, can the Consortium cling to power — and if not, what will replace it? Join Veldaban and new allies as you attempt to answer a long-ignored question: who is the King of the Dwarves?

Mod John A
Senior RuneScape Content Developer

Where to start King of the Dwarves:

Speak to lava-flow miner Sven outside the lava flow mine in Keldagrim East.

Requirements to start King of the Dwarves:

68 Mining
70 Smithing
77 Strength
Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf
My Arm’s Big Adventure
Must be able to defeat a level 160 enemy

In other news...

Party Pete is taking his infamous drop parties on tour, in celebration of RuneScape's 10th Anniversary. You'll be able to get two new items from these drop parties - a 10th Anniversary cake and candles - though you can also get these from monster drops around Misthalin and Asgarnia.

If you are poisoned, clicking on the life points status globe next to the minimap will cause you to cast the Cure Me spell (provided you are using the Lunar spellbook, have the necessary runes and don’t have an anti-poison potion).

The pre-purchase info displayed for items in shops and at the Grand Exchange will now list damage absorption statistics.

The Christmas 2010 event has now been removed from the game.

Decent quest, made me laugh a few times. Rewards are a rock emote and lots of xp

Looks interesting, might actually do a quest on release day for once :D

Can anyone show a picture of what the new gravestone looks like?

suggesting suicide is against the rules yo :D

Sounds like a fantastic quest. The Rise of the Red Axe plotline was my favorite back in the day. I want to do this. :(

Done the quest, easy boss fight. Was a nice story line though.

For flame;

100px-Dwarfgrave.png

Hmmm...seems interesting. I think that that quest line needed a new addition. Nice update, Jagex. Although Party Pete seems like a hobo...

Edit: Now that I think about it, Party Pete offering cake seems suspiciously like a man in a white van offering candy...

And sweet, Kes. :D It lasts 7 minutes?

Edited by Yoyoma

Sounds good, and the grave stone looks epic, but I'm looking forward to the Next update, if you catch my drift. :D

Edited by The Who?

Sounds good, and the grave stone looks epic, but I'm looking forward to the Next update, if you catch my drift. :D

I see what you did there, are you planning to win against him or don't you have the stats for the update?

Sounds good, and the grave stone looks epic, but I'm looking forward to the Next update, if you catch my drift. :P

I see what you did there, are you planning to win against him or don't you have the stats for the update?

gwd update? :D

I am not seeing what you did thur... :(

can someone post the the list of small fixes that they have every week for this week please

Newest fixes can be found in the last post of Runescape's forums Patch Notes Archives. Quick find code 13-14-604-58266335 (or click here )

4th January 2011

Graphical

•Incorrect invisible blocking in the Agility course on Ape Atoll and near the south-west corner of Daemonheim.

•Various barbarian women had their spears offset from their hands.

•Brimhaven Dungeon had black patches on the floor.

•The golden hammer was been seen in animations even if you were using Stealing Creation hammers for their bonuses.

•Graphical conflicts between the Cape of Legends and Runecrafting Guild clothes.

•Capes in Castle Wars were changing colour to match your base kit.

•Decorative platelegs stretched during certain animations and clipped with skillcapes.

•Players floated above some steps near Castle Wars.

•Overhauled the cutscene showing you enter the Chasm of Tears.

•Brimstail’s crystal bowl clipped with the floor.

•Dagon’Hai robes clipped with skillcapes.

•Cross on Defence skillcape was unclear in your inventory.

•Dragonhide chaps clipped with desert kit.

•Rellekka docks looked wrong on the minimap.

•The entrance to the Stronghold of Player Safety had problems with its shadow.

•Female gardeners were holding watering cans incorrectly.

•A farmer had inappropriate combat animations.

•Flared trousers on women could clip with boots.

•The timer bar did not appear in Fist of Guthix in DirectX mode.

•Fixed a floating bit of roof in the Barbarian Village.

•Bandos tassets no longer stretch while fishing.

•There was a stretching polygon on a floating barrel in Witchaven.

•Some Hunter animations have been updated to work better with capes.

•Incorrect floor colour and roof height in Zanaris.

•Health bars were at inappropriate heights on tormented demons and the Phoenix.

•Reworked a minimap dot for a dairy cow in Rellekka.

•Revenant goblin animations have been fixed.

•Some generic boulders were clipping with the ground.

•Large crashed stars had z-bias issues.

•A rift in Stealing Creation clipped with the floor.

•Improved animation for opening Betty’s chest in Swept Away.

•Cyclopean helmet stretching fixed.

•A trapdoor by White Wolf Mountain was clipping with the ground.

•Barrows kit and monk robes clipped with the fire cape.

•The banker at the Wilderness Volcano had a stretchy head.

•Clipping issues with gravestones near Fenkenstrain’s castle.

Audio

•Additional roaring noises added to certain dragon animations.

Quests and Tasks

•The description of Kayle in the Blood Pact quest was out of date.

•Polished a cutscene in Dream Mentor.

•The Task system thought you couldn’t do the “Graceful Barbarian” task if you’d already completed Scorpion Catcher.

•A task specified that you should speak to a banker in Lumbridge, whereas any banker would suffice.

Activities and Distractions

•An unnecessary warning message on the Clan Wars setup menu has been removed.

Miscellaneous

•When gravite weapons degraded, the message referred to them as chaotic weapons.

•Fixed a typo in “Marmaros” in the in-game skill guide for Attack.

•In-game skill guide for Summoning now lists Fremennik helms more clearly.

•The scroll of cleansing was preserving the wrong item when various potions were mixed.

•Trimmed studded chaps had no damage absorption properties.

•Aluft’s free delivery token could stop working if the gnome couldn’t reach you.

•Cave lizards in the Ourania Altar area didn’t give combat XP.

•Circus equipment was sometimes missing.

•Sir Tiffy’s chat for retrieving a lost CommOrb was illogical.

•Wrong colour hitsplats from a Dungeoneering challenge.

•The zombie farmer didn’t stop protecting trees if you dug them up.

•Some of Faruq’s tools had inappropriate options in the bank screen.

•Grubfoot should no longer appear in Goblin Village after he’s moved to Dorgesh-Kaan.

•Fixed the capitalisation on some messages about Summoning headgear.

•Fixed some issues with POH servants returning to your house after their bedroom had been deleted.

•Herbicide now works on herbs from grenwalls.

•Updated some code in The Feud, Creature of Fenkenstrain and Nature Spirit to improve the use of variables.

•Adjusted the way beasts of burden hold onto items after you switch to a different familiar.

•Wrong skill listed in requirements for entering the Warriors’ Guild.

•Golden hammers can now be used to repair godswords and upgrade spirit shields while the hammer is equipped.

Was dissapointing how I killed the boss in 4 hits and I'm not maxed.

you must be higher than me because it took me about 11 tries with a guthan spear and dd++. Stupid dwarf hit my ally too much and my ally was worthless.

I just did the quest this evening (I had to do the other Dwarf quests too except Giant Dwarf :D ). I must say, for a master quest, this was nothing. The boss I was able to kill in less than 30 seconds and I didn't take a single hit. Overall, I felt the plot was a bit too rushed and had an unnatural feel within the quest. Quite honestly, I think the mine cart puzzle in Forgettable Tale was far harder than this whole quest.

One thing I would like to see is the new troll models to be used on all the other trolls, but I guess Jagex is working on remodeling all the cutscenes for all the Troll quests before releasing that. One thing I did notice was that they look incredably like the Lego Rock Monsters from the new miner sets. :(

It may be that I have been doing a lot of questing recently, including some high up quests like WGS, but this just didn't feel up to par in difficulty as some other master quests.

~Dimos

I just did the quest this evening (I had to do the other Dwarf quests too except Giant Dwarf :D ). I must say, for a master quest, this was nothing. The boss I was able to kill in less than 30 seconds and I didn't take a single hit. Overall, I felt the plot was a bit too rushed and had an unnatural feel within the quest. Quite honestly, I think the mine cart puzzle in Forgettable Tale was far harder than this whole quest.

One thing I would like to see is the new troll models to be used on all the other trolls, but I guess Jagex is working on remodeling all the cutscenes for all the Troll quests before releasing that. One thing I did notice was that they look incredably like the Lego Rock Monsters from the new miner sets. :(

It may be that I have been doing a lot of questing recently, including some high up quests like WGS, but this just didn't feel up to par in difficulty as some other master quests.

~Dimos

You think this was easy? Have you tried Roving Elves? :P

If anything this should only have been an Experienced quest because it's so short... as easy as this boss seemingly was, it was probably easier to defeat than a level 84 moss giant, even though you have to fight the latter naked without prayer. :D

Edited by Emanick

Nice quest, I bought the gravestone, Its exactly the same as the angel of death, I wanted it anyway :D

you must be higher than me because it took me about 11 tries with a guthan spear and dd++. Stupid dwarf hit my ally too much and my ally was worthless.

Yeah. Ally dies too quick! What stats do ppl have to get rid of this guy quick? :D

For a master quest, the strength requirement of 77 (one below 78, a req for the Void Stares Back) greatly irritates me. I'll probably never get 77 strength, meaning I'll probably never do this quest.

I thought it was too easy

Yeah. Ally dies too quick! What stats do ppl have to get rid of this guy quick? :(

It was easy for me, I'm level 114 (including Summoning) 81a 79s 93d. It only took me 4 dds specs.

One thing I would like to see is the new troll models to be used on all the other trolls, but I guess Jagex is working on remodeling all the cutscenes for all the Troll quests before releasing that. One thing I did notice was that they look incredably like the Lego Rock Monsters from the new miner sets. :P

~Dimos

You think this was easy? Have you tried Roving Elves? :D

If anything this should only have been an Experienced quest because it's so short... as easy as this boss seemingly was, it was probably easier to defeat than a level 84 moss giant, even though you have to fight the latter naked without prayer. :P

I thought Roving Elves was harder

Edited by lilshu