Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Light

90-99 Magic Ideas

Question

Does anyone have any idea for getting 90-99 magic? I was planning to use earth surge on abyssal demons until level 95 and then using fire surge but I tried it using a bunyip and I had to bank approximately every 1500 casts for food, I had to idea of using prayer so I could stay much longer but I believe that would make me lose money. I am currently 10 levels off the Unicorn stallion so that is not an option.

Does anyone have some ideas for getting 90-99 magic without taking too long or costing too much, I have 10m at the moment but if possible I don't want to spend all of it.

9 answers to this question

1,500 casts before banking sounds good to me, but if you're not happy you could try noncombat methods such as alch stunning. Lots of clicking, but I did it for about 150k xp per hour. It's not too bad loss for the xp per hour gained. I think it's like 275k to 300k loss for 155k xp. So roughly 2 gp for 1 xp ratio.

Stunning 90-99 costs 20.7m

Stealing creations gear could always be useful. You could try stringing jewelery, but you'll lose a few mil doing that too.

I got 99 mage barraging at sw. I was getting like 300 exp per cast, though sometimes as high as 750 xp a cast, though some of my friends get 1k a cast. Thoug i wear ahrims, if u have battle robes, or sc gear like mike said, sol, and arcane stream, along with usual gear, mage book, infinity boots, barrows gloves, and a seers ring, it's pretty fun =p. And hi there light, its been a while =) You're still on my friends from so long ago.

Edited by kalipop

I strung, easy to afk + quite quick xp per hour.

Need to unlock the rogue thingy to sell the strung ammies to him for more money

Stunning 90-99 costs 20.7m

Light, long time no see!

Just do string ammy, it'd cost somewhere in the ballpark of 20m and take roughly 70k casts, but it's by far one of the fastest ways to get 99 mage.

The rogue thingy is the rogue guy in Varrock that is unlocked after doing Summer's end or whatever the quest for corp is. He'll by the regular amulets back for better gp then the ge.

Edited by Sax Rocks1