Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ride-me

Nfl Football

Pack's gonna win. Clay Matthews + secondary, it'll be waaaaaay too much for the Steelers. Roethlisberger will have to go to the run game and Matthews will pancake Mendenhall.

Steelers have a great rush defense but that's not helpful against a team that passes on like every down.

Aaron Rodgers needs to be very careful against those sneaky safeties.

I see the Pack winning because they look 100% right now. Now if they weren't healthy like they were a couple weeks ago, then it would be a different story.

Pack's gonna win. Clay Matthews + secondary, it'll be waaaaaay too much for the Steelers. Roethlisberger will have to go to the run game and Matthews will pancake Mendenhall.

Steelers have a great rush defense but that's not helpful against a team that passes on like every down.

I see the Pack winning because they look 100% right now. Now if they weren't healthy like they were a couple weeks ago, then it would be a different story.

Aaron Rodgers needs to be careful of this man:

w_hampton_275.jpg

Because Casey Hampton is going to be taking up two defenders at the very least...Then all we need is to seal Rodger's amazing ability to function outside of the pocket. Which is what they're going to try to be doing to Ben.

The reason why this has been my ultimate super bowl dream is because both teams have such similar play styles. We've both got amazing Defenses, our O-lines are terrible, we've got amazing tight ends and receivers, and both quarterbacks are known for being able to extend plays and move outside of the pocket.

I'm slightly worried that AJ Hawk (my favorite Ohio State Buckeye alumnus ever!) and Clay Matthews are going to really cause some havoc in our mid field. They read plays so well.....

Aaron Rodgers needs to be careful of this man:

w_hampton_275.jpg

Because Casey Hampton is going to be taking up two defenders at the very least...Then all we need is to seal Rodger's amazing ability to function outside of the pocket. Which is what they're going to try to be doing to Ben.

The reason why this has been my ultimate super bowl dream is because both teams have such similar play styles. We've both got amazing Defenses, our O-lines are terrible, we've got amazing tight ends and receivers, and both quarterbacks are known for being able to extend plays and move outside of the pocket.

I'm slightly worried that AJ Hawk (my favorite Ohio State Buckeye alumnus ever!) and Clay Matthews are going to really cause some havoc in our mid field. They read plays so well.....

Meh, AJ Hawk is good but Clay Matthews III is great. The main concern for the Steelers would have to be keeping Ben Roethlisberger from turning the ball over. He has a tendency to not go down when he's hit and if he's hit by Charles Woodson, more than likely he will fumble or be knocked out by a blindside hit by Clay Matthews. Now when it comes to passing, I'm sure they will have Sam Shields(the fastest packer) in the game when Ben goes into spread formations, he's probably the only packer defender that will keep up with Mike Wallace and he's actually an OK corner so I doubt Ben will risk slinging the ball at one of the fastest players on the field.

Meh, AJ Hawk is good but Clay Matthews III is great. The main concern for the Steelers would have to be keeping Ben Roethlisberger from turning the ball over. He has a tendency to not go down when he's hit and if he's hit by Charles Woodson, more than likely he will fumble or be knocked out by a blindside hit by Clay Matthews. Now when it comes to passing, I'm sure they will have Sam Shields(the fastest packer) in the game when Ben goes into spread formations, he's probably the only packer defender that will keep up with Mike Wallace and he's actually an OK corner so I doubt Ben will risk slinging the ball at one of the fastest players on the field.

I'm not even sure if he could keep up with Wallace. He breaks from coverage so easily :D

I'm not even sure if he could keep up with Wallace. He breaks from coverage so easily :D

But the Pack will have had 2 whole weeks to review film of this guy. I'm sure they'll make sure to find a counter to his moves and place a man there appropriately.

Sam Shields runs between 4.20-4.24. He can stay on top and keep him from going deep.

But the Pack will have had 2 whole weeks to review film of this guy. I'm sure they'll make sure to find a counter to his moves and place a man there appropriately.

2 weeks of video isn't going to enable one of the Packers corners to keep up with this guy.

2 weeks of video isn't going to enable one of the Packers corners to keep up with this guy.

Especially since if he sees an opening he consistently breaks his pass route. :(

Especially since if he sees an opening he consistently breaks his pass route. :(

He has to out run Shields to get open all I can say about that is good luck. Good luck to Ben I hope he has fun trying to roll out and out run Clay.

I wonder if anyone will watch the Pro Bowl.

I wonder if anyone will watch the Pro Bowl.

If they're bored and don't have anything better to do, like hang themselves.

Lol Pro Bowl isn't that bad. I actually enjoy watching it;))

I don't really watch the Pro Bowl because theres no excitement really and they won't play like they do in a real game really. =S

(Never knew this thread existed lol havent been on in awhile)

~dizzy

lol @ the thought of mike wallace being scary

lol @ the fact that you haven't been watching football.

My Bucs got snubbed too much for the Pro Bowl for me to care.

You try to tell me that what the Bucs did this year isn't Pro Bowl-worthy? A rookie starting in only 8 games rushing for 1100 yards? Bump that.

No Seahawks players so I don't really care. Still, any chance to see Tom Brady...

No Seahawks players so I don't really care. Still, any chance to see Tom Brady get hit and cry like a woman.

:D

I prefer seeing Tom Brady's girlfriend than Tom Brady.

nothing special about him, average reciever on a team with a bad recieving core, last week against revis 1 catch 6 yards. woodson will shut him down easy. and if he does get away (doubt it), collins will put him in his place.

Edited by alecc

So it appears that the players care even less about the game than I do.

It's 35 - 0 in the 2nd quarter.

Dawn of the Dead is on SciFi. I recommend that instead :D

42-7 with 2 minutes till halftime.

Edited by Sleepy

So it appears that the players care even less about the game than I do.

It's 35 - 0 in the 2nd quarter.

Dawn of the Dead is on SciFi. I recommend that instead :D

42-7 with 2 minutes till halftime.

WAIT

People watch the pro-bowl?

nothing special about him, average reciever on a team with a bad recieving core, last week against revis 1 catch 6 yards. woodson will shut him down easy. and if he does get away (doubt it), collins will put him in his place.

Bad receiving core?

Hines Ward -- 4 Pro Bowls, 2 Super Bowls, over 11,000 receiving yards in his career, Top 40 in the league in receiving yards this year.

Mike Wallace -- Considered the FASTEST wide receiver in the game, 5th in the league in receiving yards this year, led the league this year with seven 100-yard receiving games.

Heath Miller -- 1 Pro Bowl, 2 Super Bowls.

Emanuel Sanders + Antonio Brown -- Both having outstanding rookie seasons.

And the only reason that consistent Mike Wallace only had 1 reception in the AFC championship, was because the Steelers made less than 20 pass attempts the entire game. I'm anticipating a huge performance out of Wallace in the Super Bowl.

are you serious? hines ward? the dude is waaaay past his prime, he's a shell of what he used to be. top 40 in the lebague in receiving yards? big deal. the dude is gonna be taking out social security checks in a few years.

nobody, NOBODY is faster than desean jackson. and if the packers can shut him down they sure as hell can shut wallace out unless you're stupid enough to believe wallace is better than him. and ben can't even lead him, revis kept up with him the whole game and almost picked one off once. wallace is a scrub go watch the baltimore games, lardarius webb owned him and slapped him around for 3 games ROFL. nothing more than a vertical threat and to be honest i don't think woodson will be on him, tramon williams (who has shut down better wr's this year, roddy white, desean jackson) will be on him. if not shields will, he can keep up with any wr. he's still on revis island.

why would the steelers pass, the jets d had the passing game locked down, ben was picked off twice.

and the packer's core is deeper than the steelers, i'll take jordy nelson and james, before i would take sanders and brown

AND BTW PRO BOWLS MEAN NOTHING

Edited by alecc