Sal's RuneScape Forum
Hyrax

Music Recommendations Thread

I am here to announce that Born Again, an often overlooked album by Black Sabbathis actually quite good.

'Disturbing the Priest' and 'Zero the Hero' are true gems.

And Ian Gillan, who may not be the best match with Black Sabbath, is still a far better singer than Ozzy (well, not that that says much because everyone is a better singer than Ozzy).

Just saw this, and even if it's from a few days ago, had to reply

Born Again is a masterpiece. A classic. An amazing album. At least in my eyes.

I honestly can't see why most fans and even the band itself doesn't like this album. It's one of the heaviest albums I've listened to. Ian Gillan's vocal is just brilliant in it. Trashed, Disturbing the Priest, Zero the Hero... they're all amazing.

I really wish it would get the credit it deserves. :D

And I think Ian Gillan was much better with Sabbath then with Deep Purple. His voice is pure heavy metal. Sabbath used his amazing screams so much better then Deep Purple did, the whole album is a vocal win.

Edited by Uther

Six days until the release of MaYaN's album QUARTERPAST! :D

I just noticed, I would like to make you aware this is EU dates, not US. :(

God, it sucks to live in Australia, all the really good bands can't come here because they're not as famous here as in their home region (tickets + bookings + what ever= too much money, turn out? 100 or so people at MAX).

Honest question: why does everybody, even teenagers, still pretend to give a fudge about Kurt Cobain's death?

Just out of nowhere.

Because people like Nirvana's music, and it's cool to care.

Watch from 3:20 (and then keep watching for at least a minute) to see some magic happen. That's probably the entire reason I like Maiden summed up in one (part of a) performance. So much energy right there!

I knew there was a reason I enjoy listening to Maiden so much.

Watch from 3:20 (and then keep watching for at least a minute) to see some magic happen. That's probably the entire reason I like Maiden summed up in one (part of a) performance. So much energy right there!

There. Right there... Did you see the amount of people? Though it is Metal, it's very popular and goes under the category of Pop Metal. And just to make matters worse, it's pretty much try-hards that listen to them. :( (Some people are Metalheads! :D)

There. Right there... Did you see the amount of people? Though it is Metal, it's very popular and goes under the category of Pop Metal. And just to make matters worse, it's pretty much try-hards that listen to them. :( (Some people are Metalheads! :D)

I think you're confusing the term "pop" with "mainstream." Iron Maiden is far from pop, but they do appear to be mainstream metal though.

Why does it matter to you anyways? Just enjoy the music, man :P Who cares how many people like it, or how/why they like it? Your music tastes should be formed on your opinion on the music itself, not your opinion on the fans of that music!

Edited by Samsara

There. Right there... Did you see the amount of people? Though it is Metal, it's very popular and goes under the category of Pop Metal. And just to make matters worse, it's pretty much try-hards that listen to them. :P (Some people are Metalheads! :()

I think you're confusing the term "pop" with "mainstream." Iron Maiden is far from pop, but they do appear to be mainstream metal though.

Why does it matter to you anyways? Just enjoy the music, man :D Who cares how many people like it, or how/why they like it? Your music tastes should be formed on your opinion on the music itself, not your opinion on the fans of that music!

I know, but at my school, there's a lot of try hards, they think they listen to real Metal. :P

Iron Maiden is mainstream Metal, they're okay for me.

I like darker stuff. :D

There. Right there... Did you see the amount of people? Though it is Metal, it's very popular and goes under the category of Pop Metal. And just to make matters worse, it's pretty much try-hards that listen to them. :P (Some people are Metalheads! :()

Why does it matter to you anyways? Just enjoy the music, man :D Who cares how many people like it, or how/why they like it? Your music tastes should be formed on your opinion on the music itself, not your opinion on the fans of that music!

I know, but at my school, there's a lot of try hards, they think they listen to real Metal. :P

CRADLE OF FILTH!?!?!

I love cradle of filth <3

There. Right there... Did you see the amount of people? Though it is Metal, it's very popular and goes under the category of Pop Metal. And just to make matters worse, it's pretty much try-hards that listen to them. :P (Some people are Metalheads! :D)

Why does it matter to you anyways? Just enjoy the music, man :) Who cares how many people like it, or how/why they like it? Your music tastes should be formed on your opinion on the music itself, not your opinion on the fans of that music!

I know, but at my school, there's a lot of try hards, they think they listen to real Metal. :o

I like darker stuff. :P

CRADLE OF FILTH!?!?!

Ermm... No :D

It's Dark, Doom, Folk, Viking Metal, etc. :D

Agalloch, Ensiferum, Eluveitie, Nightwish, Epica, MaYaN

So much Metal for me. :P :(

I wouldn't really call Maiden mainstream because it has such a bad connotation. Of course they're insanely popular, but that's because they're fudgeing awesome. And of course they're more accessible than more extreme metal bands, but I never wanna hear Bruce Johnsoninson grunt, so that's a good thing.

Unfortunately for every true fan there are at least 4 posers that have downloaded a couple of Maiden songs and think they listen to metal now.

@Uther: I definitely agree with you there. I don't get why people dislike it. It's really dark, Ian is amazing and the guitar work is really heavy too.

Edited by Kwinten

There. Right there... Did you see the amount of people? Though it is Metal, it's very popular and goes under the category of Pop Metal. And just to make matters worse, it's pretty much try-hards that listen to them. :D (Some people are Metalheads! :P)

Why does it matter to you anyways? Just enjoy the music, man :P Who cares how many people like it, or how/why they like it? Your music tastes should be formed on your opinion on the music itself, not your opinion on the fans of that music!

CRADLE OF FILTH!?!?!

Try going on a proper metal website and say that, It's almost as bad as saying St Anger is your favourite Metallica Album

Anyway I like the fact that some metal is almost mainstream, makes it easier to find and improves the chances of a friend actually likes it.

Yet to find a friend that likes, Black, Death, Symphonic, Doom, Power, Metal yet, unfortunately most of my friends like dubstep :(

Also

Edited by Joyful Lemon

Unfortunately for every true fan there are at least 4 posers that have downloaded a couple of Maiden songs and think they listen to metal now.

I have no Maiden songs.

Then again I don't particularly care for Maiden, dunno why :D

Yet to find a friend that likes, Black, Death, Symphonic, Doom, Power, Metal yet, unfortunately most of my friends like dubstep :D

Also

Oh fudgeing dubstep. It's incredible how many worthless fads this (our!) generation produces and consumes.

Also, stellar performance indeed. I still prefer the one I posted though, because I think Rime Of The Ancient Mariner is a far better song.

I still like Fear Of The Dark though, because it's a really fun song.

I have no Maiden songs.

Then again I don't particularly care for Maiden, dunno why :(

Five 'Hail Dio's and ask him for forgiveness.

Yet to find a friend that likes, Black, Death, Symphonic, Doom, Power, Metal yet, unfortunately most of my friends like dubstep :(

Also

Oh fudgeing dubstep. It's incredible how many worthless fads this (our!) generation produces and consumes.

Also, stellar performance indeed. I still prefer the one I posted though, because I think Rime Of The Ancient Mariner is a far better song.

For me it's the crowd that does it on that performance, the way they actuaaly sound like part of the music :D

Also

For me it's the crowd that does it on that performance, the way they actuaaly sound like part of the music :D

True, but then again, it's Argentina. South American crowds aways seem to be amazing!

T_T

Does anyone here like cradle of filth?

T_T

Can you link any decent songs? Everything I've seen just shows that they're one of the millions of metal try hards.

Metal can be great when it's done properly, but soooooooooooo many bands try way too hard.

Feels weird to be sticking up for dubstep, because I know some kids who listen to it and nothing else and that's annoying as hell. But why are you so damn self-righteous about music? You think you've figured the world out because you listen to Iron Maiden? I went through a phase in middle school where I dismissed any kind of music automatically that wasn't classic rock or metal, and now I feel like an idiot because my window was so narrow. There's a lot of crappy dubstep, but some of it can also be really cool. Same goes for metal or any other classification of music.

Not saying that everybody should love every genre of music, but can you at least acknowledge that it's possible not to enjoy a certain kind of music at a certain point in your life without it being worthless?

Feels weird to be sticking up for dubstep, because I know some kids who listen to it and nothing else and that's annoying as hell. But why are you so damn self-righteous about music? You think you've figured the world out because you listen to Iron Maiden? I went through a phase in middle school where I dismissed any kind of music automatically that wasn't classic rock or metal, and now I feel like an idiot because my window was so narrow. There's a lot of crappy dubstep, but some of it can also be really cool. Same goes for metal or any other classification of music.

Not saying that everybody should love every genre of music, but can you at least acknowledge that it's possible not to enjoy a certain kind of music at a certain point in your life without it being worthless?

Bang Bang Illusive remix...

So chilled and deep...

wonderful dubstep.

I don't give two shizzles and a fudge about dubstep and I think it's worthless, and like most trends in electronic music, its popularity will be completely gone in a matter of years.

I'm don't have anything against people that like dubstep or any other kind of bad music, but I just have a better taste in music than them.

T_T

No, just seem to be a really toned down and dull attempt at black metal

I don't give two shizzles and a fudge about dubstep and I think it's worthless, and like most trends in electronic music, its popularity will be completely gone in a matter of years.

I'm don't have anything against people that like dubstep or any other kind of bad music, but I just have a better taste in music than them.

Agreed

So narrow minded.... :D :( :P :D

You just kind of undercut your argument by using the word "taste". Everybody likes different music. You seem to really like Iron Maiden. I think Iron Maiden is an average, pretty uninteresting band. You would probably say similar things about the music I listen to. Nobody is right or wrong in this situation.

Edited by blad

Is anyone here into Power Metal? :D