Sal's RuneScape Forum
Hyrax

Music Recommendations Thread

There's a whole lot of "your opinion is invalid because it differs from my opinion" going on in this thread. No genre of music is objectively bad as a whole. However, a genre of music can be bad to you, specifically.

So you're replying with a meme because you can't argue because i'm right?

No I'm replying with a meme as it is the funniest thing to do :D

some dubstep has always been good :(

Dubstep sounds similar because that's one of it's classifying characteristics, wobbly bass lines.

You could argue metal songs all sound the same because they have guitars, drums, etc.

Just because something as Dubstep doesn't mean it can't be good, and just because something is metal doesn't make it good.

It much less genre based and much more on a song to song basis because songs within each genre do vary so much.

No they don't most do but there are some bands that don't use them ie Apocalyptica (use chellos) and even accepela bands ie Van Canto

:P

Which is exactly the same with dubstep - the majority of the music is similar, so it's up to you to find the good ones.

There already exists a dubstep thread in which this topic can be debating. Alternatively, another thread can be created just for this discussion. Regardless, please remember that this is a thread for recommending music and commenting on recommendations--not for arguments about what kind of music is "best."

Thanks,

~heb0~

Edited by heb0

You're all haters.

I like metal, I listen to metal.

But all of you can't even listen to a whole dubstep song.

V_V

dude i have a playlist on ym ipod for dubstep alone, i listen to dubstep, but metal lyrics(good metal that is, there is some shizzle metal) is better than the dubstep 99% of the time.

anyway, im looking for some good country, i useually never listen to it but while out drinking with the buds they got me kinda hooked, anyone got any reccomendations?

Edited by Tri Poc

You're all haters.

V_V

dude i have a playlist on ym ipod for dubstep alone, i listen to dubstep, but metal lyrics(good metal that is, there is some shizzle metal) is better than the dubstep 99% of the time.

anyway, im looking for some good country, i useually never listen to it but while out drinking with the buds they got me kinda hooked, anyone got any reccomendations?

Johnny Cash is all I can offer, although if you are remotely into country yyou probably already know him.

You're all haters.

V_V

Johnny Cash is all I can offer, although if you are remotely into country yyou probably already know him.

Willie Nelson is also good. I find that older country, right around the time that rock and country where going their separate ways, is the best country with modern country being pretty much just pop music with a twang or about pick up trucks.

Closest I'll get to country music is

and

It's pretty much country music before it became the shizzle that it is today.

I like, james aldean, and brantley gilbert, and jake owen or whoever, anyone got anybody like them?

and

Perhaps consider Folk or Roots instead. I don't like modern country but there are plenty of good or great Folk artists around.

and

Perhaps consider Folk or Roots instead. I don't like modern country but there are plenty of good or great Folk artists around.

I do love a good banjo.

I don't feel like anyone shares my music tastes here ;_;

I'm starting to get into Ska, started with Sublime and I'm liking it; you guys got any suggestions?

I'm starting to get into Ska, started with Sublime and I'm liking it; you guys got any suggestions?

They're not pure Ska but mainly are. A band called Capdown and I was very penchant to them for a while. Their 3rd Album (Wind up Toys) wasn't too great but the previous two are worth the listen.

Edited by Da Scotsman

I don't feel like anyone shares my music tastes here ;_;

What do you listen to?

and

I do love a good banjo.

and

I do love a good banjo.

Check this out

Skip to 2.15 if you can't be bothered with the preabmle

Less Than Jake

if you're remotely interested in the cello. My God. :(

If you want to feel like you're in space.

Among many others.

AMG angels&airwaves :(