Sal's RuneScape Forum
Hyrax

Music Recommendations Thread

I love Pink Floyd's albums. The Dark Side of the Moon is my favorite by them but in matters of concept albums I think The Wall was the best concept album they had.

Another good one that I liked was The Downward Spiral by Nine Inch Nails.

Why do people feel the need to judge other's taste in music? Does it affect you personally?

I listen to my music for me. I like what I like. But I'm also very open-minded to other's recommendations. I'm not gonna shoot something down before I even give it a good listen.

I was posting in spite.

Dayum, kids these days have terrible taste in metal.

I agree.

Everything about it, I just don't like. I don't get the appeal really.

It's kind of an ignorant thing to say... am I'm sorry. >:

I don't see the appeal of indie; I will stick with the required creativity and intellect essential in understanding metal however.

Get over yourself.

Would do so if I weren't a realist.

I didn't realize realism had anything to do with it.

It's common knowlege that most of the population doesn't appreciate metal because they cannot understand or interpret the intricate rythms and creativity within the music. Same as classical music and progressive rock for that matter.

I don't appreciate people making stereotypes of musical genres without any merits.

I'm not just referring to just that one instance I quoted you.

Edited by Ramon

I must be unaware of such instances since I only post with logic, not emotion in highest priority.

Edited by cjgone

I must be unaware of such instances since I only post with logic, not emotion in highest priority.

I suppose so, because musical taste is so very logical. In fact, the best music is obviously devoid of emotion, am I right? It's apparent that posting on a forum is vry srs bsns to you, since you know your own methodology so well.

I suppose so, because musical taste is so very logical. In fact, the best music is obviously devoid of emotion, am I right? It's apparent that posting on a forum is vry srs bsns to you, since you know your own methodology so well.

lol, only music is serious to me, not the posting.

Why do people feel the need to judge other's taste in music? Does it affect you personally?

I listen to my music for me. I like what I like. But I'm also very open-minded to other's recommendations. I'm not gonna shoot something down before I even give it a good listen.

I was posting in spite.

lol, only music is serious to me, not the posting.

I was posting in spite.

:huh:

I have derailed this topic enough, so have at it.

Edited by Ramon

Rise Against is recording a new album this fall.

Woo!

I'll be getting this one. Hopefully it's as good as Appeal to Reason.

Uhh, everybody look up Miike Snow.

Great band, just found them today.

Miike is with 2 'i's

and it's a band. they don't have anyone in the band named mike lol

Woo!

My favourite album by them is the sufferer and the witness

Woo!

My favourite album by them is the sufferer and the witness

And mine is Siren Song of the Counter Culture :huh:.

Anyways sound-wise I hope the album sounds more like Revolutions Per Minute or Siren Song as those were two really great albums.

And if the Grammatizator EP is anything to go by it sounds like the new album will be a lot heavier than their previous works.

I just found two bands from Japan that are really good.

Followbane: Melodic Death Metal

Blood Stain Child: Melodic Death Metal & Electronic

Also, I recommend Wumpscut.

Woo!

Appeal to Reason sucked.

The Sufferer and the Witness or else. That was a good one and then there was that really unknown album. The Unraveling. Which was legit punk. The Sufferer and the Witness I liked because it felt interesting and different from most of RA's other albums. They were definitely trying to be creative and interesting, and they didn't do an amazing job of it but it was quite an admirable effort. It didn't feel forced or calloused.

Also, while you're checking out that album…The Approaching Curve has a great narrative, man.

Woo!

Appeal to Reason sucked.

The Sufferer and the Witness or else. That was a good one and then there was that really unknown album. The Unraveling. Which was legit punk. The Sufferer and the Witness I liked because it felt interesting and different from most of RA's other albums. They were definitely trying to be creative and interesting, and they didn't do an amazing job of it but it was quite an admirable effort. It didn't feel forced or calloused.

Also, while you're checking out that album…The Approaching Curve has a great narrative, man.

I didn't like Appeal to Reason as well. I felt that they slowed down way too much and it sounded forced.

The only problem that I had with Sufferer and the Witness was that all the songs had too much of a similar sound. They really needed to mix it up a bit. That's why my favorite album by them is Siren Song of the Counter Culture.

I agree though, The Unraveling was legit punk.

Could someone pick some bands/artists I might like judging by my library? :huh:

tempc.png

[image]

Eminem.

Definitely Eminem, preferably his older songs.

[image]

Eminem.

Eminem is already in his library, smartass.

I'm thinking you'd like The Script, The Fray, Chris Daughtry, that kinda stuff, no?

[image]

Eminem.

Eminem is already in his library, smartass.

I'm thinking you'd like The Script, The Fray, Chris Daughtry, that kinda stuff, no?

Heard of them, I like the fray, Don't know the last one. I'll look them up.

I have derailed this topic enough, so have at it.

I was rehashing an argument used previously. And by definition I was showing a lack of emotional interest and feeling, which is inline of what I said previously. I'm sorry that you misinterpretted me.

For anyone who hasn't heard of them, How To Destroy Angels is a band that was formed earlier this year by Trent Reznor, singer for Nine Inch Nails, and his wife. I'm not really sure what genre of music they would fit into and I can't find the entire EP on one YT channel, so here's a few songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWbfgGDl6XE < Watch is 1080p if you can, great video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmu2-SWm0Ac...feature=related

or anyone who hasn't heard of them, How To Destroy Angels is a band that was formed earlier this year by Trent Reznor, singer for Nine Inch Nails, and his wife

Haha, sounds quite reminscient of The White Stripes who are formed by a husband and ex-wife (Jack White and Meg White).

Edited by cjgone

For anyone who hasn't heard of them, How To Destroy Angels is a band that was formed earlier this year by Trent Reznor, singer for Nine Inch Nails, and his wife. I'm not really sure what genre of music they would fit into and I can't find the entire EP on one YT channel, so here's a few songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWbfgGDl6XE < Watch is 1080p if you can, great video.

I heard one of their songs and it sounded pretty nice.

The genre would be electronic/industrial.

Not really my cup of tea though.