Sal's RuneScape Forum
Hyrax

Music Recommendations Thread

I just got back from the Fest a week ago. Gainesville is a really cool place. Friends were on a mini-tour here in Florida with Joyce Manor, who are quite swell guys.

Barry did this acoustic session of one of their demo songs.

I'm currently listening to a lot of post-hardcore/hardcore punk/etc. I think I've brought this up before but I need some help.

I'm listening to Drive Like Jehu and loving it. Just want to know any bands who sound similar or just check out? I know of bands similar to Hüsker Dü and Fugazi. I gave Shellac a listen but I don't really like them.

If not any good punk recommendations wouldn't go a miss. Mind you I have listened to tons of it so finding something new might be a little hard :).

So I heard this song a while ago but cannot remember any of the words or the name of the artist. It was drum n bass/dubstep like. The music video on youtube was something to do with rocks/canyons (smashing rocks or flying thru a canyon idk??) I think the song lyrics had something to do with revolution or revelations or robots or rocks :( I think I first heard the song on one of those "People are awesome" videos. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? It was a nice song.

I know a guy that sounds kinda like mumford and sons, I like him but I can't find much of him online.

DoctorSkull is one of the kindest people I know and even if he makes turkeys he's a very good friend :)

I'm currently listening to a lot of post-hardcore/hardcore punk/etc. I think I've brought this up before but I need some help.

I'm listening to Drive Like Jehu and loving it. Just want to know any bands who sound similar or just check out? I know of bands similar to Hüsker Dü and Fugazi. I gave Shellac a listen but I don't really like them.

If not any good punk recommendations wouldn't go a miss. Mind you I have listened to tons of it so finding something new might be a little hard :).

are worth checking out if you haven't already, Whitey. Also,
are pretty much post-hardcore, leaning toward math rock (similar to some Drive Like Jehu tracks). I gotta admit, I love Shellac. Going to ATP this month which is curated by them. The line-up is basically just all the bands Steve Albini has been working with over the past few years. I'm predicting highlights in the form of
and
. Edited by Hyrax

If you like to get high then sit back and soak up this glorious sound.

are worth checking out if you haven't already, Whitey. Also,
are pretty much post-hardcore, leaning toward math rock (similar to some Drive Like Jehu tracks). I gotta admit, I love Shellac. Going to ATP this month which is curated by them. The line-up is basically just all the bands Steve Albini has been working with over the past few years. I'm predicting highlights in the form of
and

Cheers. I've listened to Shellac but I couldn't get into it. At least I like Steve Albini he helped with Godspeed so I can't just badmouth him :P. Maybe I like the more chaotic and rough side of Fugzai, ya know? I wanted to go the ATP thingy looks rad. ATP always seem to put together really good line up all the time.

I can't remember if I've posted this here before or not, but it's a super good track.

I can't remember if I've posted this here before or not, but it's a super good track.

I know of this. But it's nice to see someone else to enjoy the sound. I wish I knew more electro/tech/whatever this sound is.

Wait.... what?

I can't tell if your trolling or not.

Yeah, the lyrics are a little controversial but other than that it's a decent song.

I know of this. But it's nice to see someone else to enjoy the sound. I wish I knew more electro/tech/whatever this sound is.

I believe the genre is acid house, if that helps you in finding some more of this type of music.

I have to bring some weirdness into this thread.

Yeah, the lyrics are a little controversial but other than that it's a decent song.

Not really lyrics are boring if that. Theres so many more lyrics which are more "controversial" if your interesting in shock factor of music. Thankfully I don't care just listen to the music.

I believe the genre is acid house, if that helps you in finding some more of this type of music.

That's the one! Couldn't remember the name of the genre. I was tired when I posted that.

oh god

Future x Keef x Fredo x SD

and this is a classic

Edited by guappacino

My terrible student internet totally recoils in horror when I go on a full page of this thread and it's packed head to toe with embedded YouTube videos. Maybe lets make it an unwritten rule just to post a link to the video? Unless it's only me that has the problem in which case forget I mentioned it!

Also, remember to say a little about the songs your posting guyz. Let us know what kind of music it is, who it sounds like, what kind of people it might appeal to. That was this'll remain a "Music Recommendation Thread" and not a "Post What Song Your Listening To Thread".

A thousand thanks.