Sal's RuneScape Forum
Hyrax

Music Recommendations Thread

My terrible student internet totally recoils in horror when I go on a full page of this thread and it's packed head to toe with embedded YouTube videos. Maybe lets make it an unwritten rule just to post a link to the video? Unless it's only me that has the problem in which case forget I mentioned it!

Also, remember to say a little about the songs your posting guyz. Let us know what kind of music it is, who it sounds like, what kind of people it might appeal to. That was this'll remain a "Music Recommendation Thread" and not a "Post What Song Your Listening To Thread".

A thousand thanks.

Happens too me too. My internet is stinky. Totally agree about the recommendation part, even I have become a little sloppy with that of late.

Anyone a fan of

? Danish punks who are a come from small but up and coming scene in that part of Europe. I've also been checking out there long and varied side projects which evolve loads of other elements like noise rock/punk, electronic, black metal. These guys do everything I like. Well worth checking out if your a fan.

It's overall interesting to see these young guys feed off the punk scene which was about in the 80's in Britain and develop there own brand of raw unrelenting blend of hardcore punk

Edited by Whitey

Much appreciated Whitey.

Not so much appreciated guappacino. :rrrrgh:

/watch?v=PWuSu9WB44o

/watch?v=k5oF50-kqrg

Rules for this thread have been updated, here's a quote from the first post of the thread;

1. Include with your recommendation a description of the music (genre, style, similar artists) and who you recommend it to specifically.

2. Do not embed videos, simply provide links to them. This will keep the pages from being too clogged up.

Please do try to stick to them, thanks.

Edited by Hyrax

Anyone like pop-punk/emo sort of stuff? Check out

probably the finest the UK has to offer similar to Daylight I've been told but I don't really see it. Shame they have split.

Gnarwolves is a cool band, but most of all the UK pop-punk (plus there's better pop-punk) isn't distinguishable. Gnarwolves rule though.

I'm working on my lists for best albums/singles/live shows of 2012.

Currently thinking

is a very strong contender for best single.

I got this band,

, from Anthony Fantano's top 50 albums of 2012. He described them as 90's-esque indie pop, and I really like their sound. Edited by Plasma

I got this band,

, from Anthony Fantano's top 50 albums of 2012. He described them as 90's-esque indie pop, and I really like their sound.

Pile are super cool. I really enjoyed Dripper, it'll probably make my top 50 for the year.

You can get two of their earlier albums from their Bandcamp for free (I think its pay-what-you-want).

For anyone who enjoys classical music and hasn't seen Master and Commander, a nice piece by Luigi Boccherini.

Oh yeah, go watch the movie too if you haven't already.

EDIT: Sorry, just had to fix the link.

Edited by Leo Crimson

This is good. Definitely a relaxing, non-overwhelming track. I can see myself listening to this a lot in the mornings along with my coffee.

Hanne Hukkelberg is a great female musician; she has a haunting voice, and a unique style in general. Attaching a genre to her is a difficult task, but not an important one.

Check out the music video for her song

. Edited by Plasma

Finally sorted my top albums of 2012 list; check it out if you wish.

This is good. Definitely a relaxing, non-overwhelming track. I can see myself listening to this a lot in the mornings along with my coffee.

Yeah, the whole album is going to be pretty much in that style.

Lots of ambient soundscapes and nothing to dissonant going on.

Hanne Hukkelberg is a great female musician; she has a haunting voice, and a unique style in general. Attaching a genre to her is a difficult task, but not an important one.

Check out the music video for her song

Awesome. Very, very similar to Karin Dreijer Andersson's recent stuff, especially the Fever Ray album.

Edited by Hyrax

my top albums of 2012

1. finally rich - chief keef

2 channel orange - frank ocean

3. trilogy - weeknd

4. bloom - beach house

5. visions - grimes

6. pluto - future

7. life aint no joke - lil durk

8. back from the dead - chief keef

9. life of a savage 2 - SD

I can't really have a top album, as I am still listening to stuff. The new Culo album is really good.

Here are some things I liked though from 2012.

Parquet Courts - "Light Up Gold"

This album rules. That's it.

Joyce Manor - "Of All Things I Will I Soon Grow Tired"

My friends got to tour with them before Fest, and I hung around. I got to stay the night with them for the majority of Fest. COOL DUDES. Kids go crazy for them, and this album is really good.

Merchandise - "Desire"

THIS IS A BANGING RECORD. GO CHECK OUT ALL THE POST CULT RITUAL BANDS: Church Whip, Cottaging, and American Snakeskin.

Edited by Zero

Has anyone listened to The Heist, that Macklemore guys album? It's actually really good, some of the best music I've heard.

1000 BLUNTS just dropped, and it's fudgeing amazing. I believe I just found my favorite album of 2012. The Super Mario 64 samples on the fifth track are awesome, and the second bonus track is definitely a contender for my favorite.

http://domsolo.bandc...bum/1000-blunts

If you listen to ska-punk, there's a good chance you may have heard of them;

is a great band. Nothing new, but they should definitely be checked out if you haven't given them a listen yet. Edited by Plasma

Call it math rock, call it experimental rock, call it noise rock, call it alt rock.

I call it GODDAMN AWESOME. Get some

Any love for RJD2?

[media]

[media]

My girlfriend really likes him, although I've never actually given him a listen. This sounds pretty good.

I've been listening to quite a bit of

lately, you guys should give them a shot. Edited by Plasma

Forgive me for posting this everywhere but...

Anyone interested in ambient/minimal/electronic music, please check out my new album at http://iamacar.bandcamp.com.

It's free to stream and download.

...Okay I'll stop the self promotion now.

I haven't seen anyone else post this yet, so here you go:

http://intervalsmusic.bandcamp.com/ and http://sithuayemusic.bandcamp.com/

They're fairly similar, both instrumental djenty metal(forgive me, I suck at genres). I really love these because while it can get a little muddled, the lead guitar is always there really clearly, if that makes any sense.