TOPS - Double Vision

TOPS - Outside

Ramriddlz - Pineapple Crush

Young Thug - Paradise

Young Thug - Pacifier

Young Thug - Be Me See Me

Young Thug - With That

Young Thug - Chickens

Did a search on this 114 page topic, some of my favorite artists didn't show up. You're all losers with no taste! :(

If you're into electric music like: EDM, dubstep or trap or anything I would suggest Pretty Lights. You may have heard of him if this is your kind of music as he's gotten pretty huge. He did a good job at changing how I listen to music because his style requires a lot of attention but is very relaxing.

First song I heard by him(one of his crazier songs).

Another of my favorites.

My favorite right now.

I'm a big fan of electric music.. In fact I would like to produce someday and would love to start up a thread of my music when I get into it if people are interested!

Also I like Flume. He's good saw him live.

As for alternative and harder rock I enjoy: System of a Down, Cake, Franz Ferdinand, Queens of The Stone Age, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and some Nirvana.

Rap includes: Kendrick Lamar (the best) , G-Eazy is pretty good (awesome live), Dr. Dre, Tupac, Biggie Smalls, Eminem sometimes, and a couple others but i'm picky about rap.

Am liking this of late:

I don't really like the original version of this song, but the acoustic version is just so good.

If you're into indie, folk, country or singer-songwriter or you just want to hear some neat acoustic stuff, I'd like to recommend Johnny Flynn.

(He has a fair bit of more upbeat songs too, I just really enjoy this one.)

Since the metal thread is dead.

My great goodness, this song is fantastic (no lyrics).

I also like this guy, when I need a little bit of humor and some rap.

I love Toto. I think they are a great band :) They are underrated but have much talent. Fun fact: Some of the members of Toto worked on the 'Thriller' album. This is one of my favorite songs of their new album. :D

It appears some of the more recent arrivals should re-read the OP and provide more substantive recommendations.

I am looking for more Reggaeton, in the spirit of Todos Tus Muertos and Los Moscosos, either slower ska or other forms of reggae from the Dominican Republic and Panama. I acknowledge Reggae originated in Jamaica, which is a former British colony, so most reggae is in English.

In other news, I strongly recommend Lila Downs' latest album, Balas Y Chocolate (bullets and chocolate), released just last year. All of the songs are great, but I like "Humito de Copal", in honor of slain reporters, and "Son de Difuntos", which is Exactly What It Says On The Tin and continues the death theme. Her recent albums have been all in Spanish, but she also sings covers and her own compositions in English and indigenous languages. My favourite cover is "I Envy the Wind", from her album Shake Away, with her cover of Santana's "Black Magic Woman" coming a close second. She was born in Oaxaca, but her dad is from the United States (hence the Anglo surname), and she sings a lot of political anthems and folk songs. Most of these songs can be found on YouTube in one form or another, but it's well worth buying her whole albums and let her voice wash over you.

EDIT: There hasn't been any activity on this thread for six months, but I'm not going to double-post. Karan Casey and Kate Rusby have beautiful voices.

Edited by Traviesa

My most recent jam