Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thanks

Slayer

Question

do u all think wasteing months on getting to 85 slayer for abyssal demones worth it or not?

some ppl say it makes good money and some says they spend tens of hours just to get 1 whip drop

what slayer master u think i should use? i am 106 cb with 55 slayer and already done smokin kills

(btw i rather getting faster xp and gaining no money on getting 30m and slow xp)

ty for all answers

18 answers to this question

It does not take tens of hours for most people. From what a friend of mine told me, with a godsword, they got an abby whip in about two and a half hours. They got a few hundred thousand during then from stuff like dragon med helms, so don't rule it out for money making. I have no idea how long they took to get the 85 slayer though.

Abyssal demons aren't that great.

Sure, if you're lucky enough to get a whip, they're worth quite a bit. Though, they're so rare you'd make more money off of dragons.

Although, as a slayer assignment, they are very good because of that chance for a whip. :D

It's worth it. Keep in mind that not all tasks will make you a bunch of cash, but, once you hit 60+ and start unlocking some of the better slayer monsters (IE: Abby specs) you'll start making a nice profit from slayer.

Slayer is good for combining...

Charm gathering

Variety (minus bad tasks, slayer doesn't get boring)

Combat xp

Cash

Into one skill.

You should use Duradel in Shilo Village. Slayer isn't slow to level up, and at 55 you'll be getting probably 1 level per task completed.

It does not take tens of hours for most people. From what a friend of mine told me, with a godsword, they got an abby whip in about two and a half hours. They got a few hundred thousand during then from stuff like dragon med helms, so don't rule it out for money making. I have no idea how long they took to get the 85 slayer though.

D meds are extremely infrequent and only 60k ea. They're not how you make bank with slayer.

Edited by Sax Rocks1

A whip is 3m for a reason, they are a rare drop. If you want to get 85 slayer to be able to hunt for a rare drop then you can, however you can kill monsters with rare drops without needing a slayer requirement.

You have the completely wrong idea about Slayer.

First of all, you're acting like you'll be making nothing all the way to 85. Wrong. You'll make loads of millions.

Second of all, you expect to reach 85 and suddenly start making bank with whip drops. Whips are expensive for a reason, due to their being rare.

Third of all, you expect it to be slow. Slayer is proven to be the fastest method of training melee. Although not quite at your level, it'll still be pretty fast/as fast as camping.

Slayer is proven to be the fastest method of training melee.

Pretty sure it's not

Most efficient but I'd like proof that it's always fastest, I know that some tasks are faster then camping but I don't know about an average being faster...

edit: idrc about proof, it is the best way to train melee so yeah, just slay using duradel and you'll get there eventually.

Edited by andmartel

I max at 160k attack xp/hr, avg around 120k. Rock crabs, experiments and yaks are like 80k? lol.
Hi I can get over 80k/h slayer exp at mutated bloodvelds. (YT it if you dont' believe.)

First of all, you're acting like you'll be making nothing all the way to 85. Wrong. You'll make loads of millions.

Second of all, you expect to reach 85 and suddenly start making bank with whip drops. Whips are expensive for a reason, due to their being rare.

Third of all, you expect it to be slow. Slayer is proven to be the fastest method of training melee. Although not quite at your level, it'll still be pretty fast/as fast as camping.

firsft of all i didn't say i won't make anythign i was saying that if i got to choose between not much money and good xp or much money or bad xp i would choose the good xp option

seconed of all ik they are rare wtf? i am asking if they worth it or not

third of allslayer isn't fastest method fo training melee ro anythind and u need to stop saying about everything (it's proven to be) fi u can get this good xp frmo slayer why not just kill things that gives good xp rather than getting ti in slayer task

Edited by marowo

firsft of all i didn't say i won't make anythign i was saying that if i got to choose between not much money and good xp or much money or bad xp i would choose the good xp option

seconed of all ik they are rare wtf? i am asking if they worth it or not

third of allslayer isn't fastest method fo training melee ro anythind and u need to stop saying about everything (it's proven to be) fi u can get this good xp frmo slayer why not just kill things that gives good xp rather than getting ti in slayer task

Because the Black Mask/Slayer Helm gives a 15% bonus to Strength and Attack, which is just slightly less than a super set. So ofc Slayer would produce better experience.

And maybe I was wrong about the first two points, but your attitude about it seemed as if that's what it was.

Because the Black Mask/Slayer Helm gives a 15% bonus to Strength and Attack, which is just slightly less than a super set. So ofc Slayer would produce better experience.

And maybe I was wrong about the first two points, but your attitude about it seemed as if that's what it was.

nvm lol u are right i forgot about the slayer helm.

Edited by marowo

You do know 10% of the time you spend slaying is getting a new task?

You'd be a lot better off somewhere you can train 100% of the time with no breaks.

Sure mutated velds are 80k slay xp/h. But at the xp the task will only go for about 30 minutes. Someone got 160k xp/h slaying? Was that turmloading with hati paws? No one can get 160k xp/h without hati paws/sc gear anywhere in the game.

Edited by Light

You do know 10% of the time you spend slaying is getting a new task?

You'd be a lot better off somewhere you can train 100% of the time with no breaks.

Sure mutated velds are 80k slay xp/h. But at the xp the task will only go for about 30 minutes. Someone got 160k xp/h slaying? Was that turmloading with hati paws? No one can get 160k xp/h without hati paws/sc gear anywhere in the game.

Did you even read it? He averages 120k/h, that's 40k faster than the other methods.

Also, if you're anything efficient, you'd spent 1% of your time getting a new task.

A whip is 3m for a reason, they are a rare drop. If you want to get 85 slayer to be able to hunt for a rare drop then you can, however you can kill monsters with rare drops without needing a slayer requirement.

It's 3m tbh because of the amount whips pkers use in pvp.. and since they mostly go out of the game... they rise.. when wildy comes back all the whips will stay in game, it'll drop.

well in your level by the time you reach 85 slayer but you get a lot of advantages as well. abby demons are not the only ones that make money

well as i heared from ppl they are best thing to kill

well in your level by the time you reach 85 slayer but you get a lot of advantages as well. abby demons are not the only ones that make money

well as i heared from ppl they are best thing to kill

Chances are you'll make more profit at Spiritual Mages.

Slayer itself is a good money maker. Drops can be fairly decent, and you can (slowly) make good cash. You can have 85 as a goal, but have fun doing slayer, as you can get clue scrolls, effigies, ect.