Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ahmad

Return Of Wildy = Return Of Small Clans = Return Of Sal's?

I hope so, it's unlikely.

Would be great to see some activity here again. :\

It could do, depends on who posts here. You'd have to ask a collection of clans who've posted on here before (Exodus, CR, Gladz, KO, BK, etc), you'd also want to get a new top ten list up that allows you to comment on peoples lists :D.

Also, nominating someone to act as a middle man between the posters and the mods would be a good idea.

Edited by Quickdraw9

A whole group of clans would have to migrate, or at least start posting actively. And eventually newer clans could make Sal's their home :D

would probably end up having the same problems as before

It could be possible. New clans would get more chances in this modern wilderness now.

However, it would start out slow. One new clan who starts to psot their fights here and eventually more will folow. A clan will just have to persist.

Once they get enough criticism on a site eventually the members will come here. (either to defend their clan or to participate in discussion) It would be a slow process though and sals itself would need to attract the attention of at least some people.

It could be possible. New clans would get more chances in this modern wilderness now.

However, it would start out slow. One new clan who starts to psot their fights here and eventually more will folow. A clan will just have to persist.

Once they get enough criticism on a site eventually the members will come here. (either to defend their clan or to participate in discussion) It would be a slow process though and sals itself would need to attract the attention of at least some people.

Rene :D

Pretty much agree with him for a change..

Been a while Stevie.

And what do you mean for a change? :D

Well you can add one clan to the sals list. SD is back again :D And I'll be recruiting on here. Let's see what happens.

I really don't think so. I doubt the members that left will ever return (the Sal's clans they were in closed anyway) and the current members of Sal's who were not part of the clan community we had here don't care enough about clanning (mostly because when you are new you get trolled really bad by some of the older members who treat you as if your opinion doesn't count as much as theirs simply because they have been involved in the clan world for longer than you - that disencourages new players from joining clans) to start new clans.

Been a while Stevie.

And what do you mean for a change? :D

I mean a change because your usually wrong where as im usually always right...

Clearly your memory has fogged up over the years Stevie.

Clearly your memory has fogged up over the years Stevie.

Not at all, oh #clanhades too fatty!

Be pretty funny if it did happen. I can only imagine the number of wanna be mods who would become "Active" again and claim their presence will turn everything around.

Oh that's okay, I'm still around so no wannabe's would ever get a rise to power. It doesn't take long to find out who's a tool, who's a troll and who's a decent poster.

Besides, there's technically no chance on ever getting section mods if a future growth is anything like the past. That massive "Suggest a mod" thing we had before was a disaster. We had 1 decent candidate which was acceptable and a second that was more or less a mediocre choice. The rest was "ME FOR MODZ" or 10 clan members voting for their clan leader who was sitting comfortably at 4 to 6 warns. Yeah right. :D

Oh that's okay, I'm still around so no wannabe's would ever get a rise to power. It doesn't take long to find out who's a tool, who's a troll and who's a decent poster.

Besides, there's technically no chance on ever getting section mods if a future growth is anything like the past. That massive "Suggest a mod" thing we had before was a disaster. We had 1 decent candidate which was acceptable and a second that was more or less a mediocre choice. The rest was "ME FOR MODZ" or 10 clan members voting for their clan leader who was sitting comfortably at 4 to 6 warns. Yeah right. :D

I'll agree half of the people on here couldn't handle their own piss nevermind moderate clan discussion. I just never understood why reflections/bolty was never given anything as he was a huge benefit to this place. Its a shame really as the return of the wilderness should bring smaller clans back to the scene and it doesn't appear like this will be the home for them.

Well, mostly because in the time Reflections was active, we didn't believe in sectional moderators because it was mostly handled due to more moderators being highly active in the section. As things turned out, when moderators started retiring or not visiting as frequently of their own free will (don't confuse handling reports with this) and we looked deeper into sectional moderators from the community itself, Reflections had gone inactive too and wasn't really a viable choice anymore.

I don't think anyone would have accepted a single sectional moderator, because no matter how liked Bolt was, he wasn't universally loved and sooner or later, he'd get into trouble for being just one man on that team, so ideally, you'd want 2-3 people working as a team to cover any angle and aspect to moderate and sate any concerns about favouritism and unfair treatment.

Shame really, if we had 2-3 of equal capability and gravitas as him, things would've gone different and we could've avoided a lot of the loudmouths that thought they were capable to be in power (which they never were).

Edit:

On a personal note, I'm not sure if I want the clan section to get back to life again. Don't get me wrong, I'd like for a good clan community coming back to life, not just here but for the entire game, it's been dying too much for the past 3 years due to the Wilderness change, I just don't believe in the actual people within the community.

There were a lot of decent posters here, but there were too many trolls and tools who either was completely worthless, ignorant or just plain out blind. I get that those qualities are important because clanning is all about clan loyalty, but if you expect to be in a community, you need to respect other clans as well and I don't think the Clan Community will ever do that. People just aren't smart enough to behave civilized.

People just can't accept that, if you want to bash and deal with a clan you hate, you ought to hit them where it hurts: In a run-in or a war, then bleed them dry and then post the humiliation publically afterwards. Not take potshots at them on a forum because your clan is too awful to go the distance, your damn clan leader should rather learn to run a damn clan properly and pick on a clan your size.

Edited by Yuanrang

Edit:

On a personal note, I'm not sure if I want the clan section to get back to life again. Don't get me wrong, I'd like for a good clan community coming back to life, not just here but for the entire game, it's been dying too much for the past 3 years due to the Wilderness change, I just don't believe in the actual people within the community.

There were a lot of decent posters here, but there were too many trolls and tools who either was completely worthless, ignorant or just plain out blind. I get that those qualities are important because clanning is all about clan loyalty, but if you expect to be in a community, you need to respect other clans as well and I don't think the Clan Community will ever do that. People just aren't smart enough to behave civilized.

People just can't accept that, if you want to bash and deal with a clan you hate, you ought to hit them where it hurts: In a run-in or a war, then bleed them dry and then post the humiliation publically afterwards. Not take potshots at them on a forum because your clan is too awful to go the distance, your damn clan leader should rather learn to run a damn clan properly and pick on a clan your size.

Although emotions nearing the end of this became a bit heated, unfortunately I agree with this.

The loyalty surrounding clans is too large for this site not to get hostile. This place is unlikely to become active again, which is upsetting, but times change. Ultimately there would have to be a surge of activity across the whole forum before there's any chance of this place coming back.

Anyway good luck to people who want to become active here, I don't think I'll ever come back to the clan world as an active Runescape member, but it's nice to look through and post on topics.

To have any chance of a 'good' CE&D on sal's it would probably only work with completely new clans and people, there's too much history between Moderators and members. Relationships hardly ever work the second time around, it's really just an attempt at an idealistic view of the past. I'm happy to leave this place to give others a good crack at this place, although I never really got into huge discussions with people here, just kind of went along with what everyone else was doing. But heck I was about 11-14 when I last actively posted here.

Edited by Aidan