Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter

Mac Os X Dock

No "lol dis sux get windoze" comments, please :D

I have a Mac and was getting into customising Icons and Docks. I made an icon for the little-known program called FLV Crunch for simple video conversion and released it on there, followed by a couple of other artwork pieces such as a Black Dock (looks very similar to the default Leopard dock) and a Metal Grip dock. Eventually I stumbled across some very nice icons under the title "Glassic Icons". The guy who made them used a dock in his preview that looked nice with the icons, so I messaged him and asked if I could have it. Turns out it was just a sketch in Photoshop, and I offered to make it an actual dock (After redesigning due to the fact that the image gets skewed AFTER implementing it...). He was excited and I got to work. Updated it a couple of times to a final release. It was out 10 days, 700 or so views etc, then got a Daily Deviation award. Reached some 7K views now, and people really seem to like it to my surprise.

Anyway I want some feedback from you guys on it, and suggestions on what I could try my hand at next (Docks, Icons, Wallpapers if I try hard enough and even Flash Animations).

http://htmlcheeta.deviantart.com/art/Glassic-Dock-193285001

Thanks in advance, all!

Unsure what you're asking for. You want to know some suggestions on icons you could make? I would say anything bubbling in your head would be worth giving it a try. It's a pretty good icon, though the dock could use some adjusting.

Unsure what you're asking for. You want to know some suggestions on icons you could make?

I want some feedback from you guys on it, and suggestions on what I could try my hand at next

Yeah :D

I would say anything bubbling in your head would be worth giving it a try. It's a pretty good icon, though the dock could use some adjusting.

How can I improve the dock?

The dock is just very two-dimensional and has a weird reflection. Try simplifying it and not adding so much attention to it.