Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Blingking502

Prototype

I haven't done anything in Photoshop for a few years now but I just got CS5 and decided to jump back into the swing of things. Not sure what I'm doing still; nothing I even made before was worth a second look, so I have plenty of room for improvement. Gonna run through some tuts and post what I end up with here.

The base was all from the tut here: http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/inde...amp;article=214

Then I added my own elements to it.

prototypew.png

Textless since I have zero decent fonts on this computer and just want to get this up for come CC and such.

Edit: Whoops, uploaded the wrong one.

Edited by Blingking502

Looks great, maybe if you blurred the edges a bit more, then it'd give it more depth.

It's pretty good, no worries on adding text. The effects are are pretty solid, and it has a pretty good flow. Try giving it some more depth though, dark some spots and sharpen other spots. The colors could use some adjusting because the background looks like you set it on Difference and the greens with the red don't mix well.

Tip: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+E merges all layers into a new layer. Then Filter>Other>High pass. Make it around 2.5-3.0 pixels, then set that layer on overlay. Should sharpen all the major areas, then blur some areas on the corners.