Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
I want 120

Merch

Question

how do i merch, a lot of my friends make millions off of it

but i do get buy low sell high

although i have questions

-what types of items i should be merching? (stable items, rising etc..) (boots, resources etc...)

-for how much lower i should buy and how much higher

-what if it dosent sell/buy?

-where should i buy the items? street or ge?

-where should i sell? street or ge?

i would appreciate any help :D

btw cash stack is low atm but im getting it up :-D

10 answers to this question

-You want to merch items that have a steady fluctuation, if that makes sense. Something that rises and drops, but predictably. To see when things will rise or drop outside of this cycle, check for big updates such as double xp weekends or new quests. Try to merch items that alot of people use for skilling, and do it in bulk.

-When buying on the exchange, I generally go around 5%-10% lower than medium price. You can then sell it once the price rises for 5%-10% above, or you can come up with your own "wholesale" price, which will generally draw more attention from selling outside the g.e.

-If something doesn't buy/sell right away, don't be worried. If it doesn't buy, it's because you're buying under medium price, and only people who don't care/are desperate for cash sell under medium. Generally, the item will buy by the end of the day. If it doesn't sell, either it's an item that's not in high demand, which means you've picked a bad item, or the price you've set is too high. I wouldn't recommend taking the price down until a day or two after you have put the offer up. Remember, merching doesn't happen over night; it take alot of patience.

-I would recommend buying everything on the g.e. If you're using raw materials such as raw fish, logs, herbs, etc. then I would sell on the street for a set price per item. If you're selling anything else (basically non-skilling items) then I would say sell it on the g.e. It may take a while, but this is the best you can do, as it's harder to find someone looking for ten dragon platelegs than 2k nature runes.

When you're starting merching i'd recommend at least 10m or more. Some general advice: don't be worried about losing money in the beginning. It happens to all of us. When I first started, I lost about 6m on the first day. Just keep with it and you'll come to understand the market and economy of runescape better. I've stopped merching in favor of skilling, but it's a great, time-saving way to make good money.

Good luck

~OmGz I r NeX :D

Crashing... If it's rising then it should soon crash depending, but I take that back, it really depends on the item and how LONG it has been rising or crashing... If it has been steadily rising for say 4 days, it shouldn't go much higher you can guess, but if it rose steadily for only 2 days, you can buy that and hope it rises for another 2 days... Or crashing, when it looks like it's nearing the lowest it will get to, you can buy it since it almost always goes back up immediately.

Quick thing- Crashing graphs are easier to predict, and are better if you're getting the hang of it IMO.

Edited by andmartel

Crashing... If it's rising then it should soon crash depending, but I take that back, it really depends on the item and how LONG it has been rising or crashing... If it has been steadily rising for say 4 days, it shouldn't go much higher you can guess, but if it rose steadily for only 2 days, you can buy that and hope it rises for another 2 days... Or crashing, when it looks like it's nearing the lowest it will get to, you can buy it since it almost always goes back up immediately.

Quick thing- Crashing graphs are easier to predict, and are better if you're getting the hang of it IMO.

ROFL dont buy crashing items. Crashing items=going down=money loss.

You want to merch rising/slightly rising/stable items. Buy items that a lot of people buy.

You want to merch rising/slightly rising/stable items. Buy items that a lot of people buy.

I've made a large percentage of my cash pile from buying crashing items. People panic sell crashing things and the true merchers are laughing. As an example, last night there was a mini panic on h'ween masks, because the santa g.e. price dipped. I bought some last night and overnight, and sold for a ~23m profit today. Try to work out why the item is crashing, if the crash is justified, and if the item has possibly over crashed. Those factors are not the whole decision on a buy, but the majority of it.

Edited by Lord Lookov

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/merchanting.html

Most of that still pretty much applies, but at the moment things are quite unstable.

~Vincent

I've made a large percentage of my cash pile from buying crashing items. People panic sell crashing things and the true merchers are laughing. As an example, last night there was a mini panic on h'ween masks, because the santa g.e. price dipped. I bought some last night and overnight, and sold for a ~23m profit today. Try to work out why the item is crashing, if the crash is justified, and if the item has possibly over crashed. Those factors are not the whole decision on a buy, but the majority of it.

Thank you for that evidence :D