Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Morte

Chat Filter And Forum Rules Clarifications

Greetings, Sal's Community and Clan Chat users!

The staff and clan chat mods have discussed the matter and would like to briefly remind you that even with the recent chat filter update, any usage of the following can and will be punished with a kick* and/or ban:
  • Personal Attacks Or Insult, Including One's Values/Religious Beliefs/Sexual Orientation.
  • Racist and/or Xenophobic Remarks.
  • Any Other Type Of Comment (ie offensive slang terms) That Is Deemed Inappropriate By A Moderator. - This does not mean that chat mods can kick whomever they please, this is simply a bit of leeway for mods to handle those who would find and use loopholes. If you feel that you have been unjustly kicked, you may screenshot and pm it to the staff.

* Please note, warnings are not required to be given to the offender if the offense is severe enough!

Remember, these aren't just pixels on your computer screen. They are human beings just like you!

Forum Rules Clarifications and Ripping:

1. In a continued effort to keep clarity of the rules a high priority on Sal's, We'd like to remind you that the bump rule has been extended to 14 Days instead of the previous 7, as some members are still a bit used to the old limit. We do realize that this will take some time to get used to. In light of the optional RuneScape filter, we have changed the rules regarding swearing in images. They must be hidden by a spoiler, or linked to with a warning about its content. All other censors and rules regarding such are remaining the same.
    -----
  2. It has come to the attention of the DB Team and the Staff that there has been an increase in the ripping of text information (such as low/high alchemy values) from other Runescape fansites. As you all know, Sal's has always condemned the ripping of any kind of information, and with this rise we'd just like to clarify that text ripping as well as picture ripping can and will result in a warn.

As stated by Xaria, "We don't know if the other site is correct, getting the information oneself ensures we have the proper value, it's unfair for the person who did the work of buying and alching the item to receive no credit, and it's plain disrespectful to take content from other fansites without their permission."

As a whole, Sal's Community is a great place to be, and we need your help to keep it that way. A little bit of respect for your fellow peers can go a long way. The staff hopes that you love Sal's as much as we do and will work with us in constantly making this a better place.

Thank You

Sal's Team

Edited by lilshu

1.In a continued effort to keep clarity of the rules a high priority on Sal's, We'd like to remind you that the bump rule has been extended to 14 Days instead of the previous 7, as some members are still a bit used to the old limit. We do realize that this will take some time to get used to.

Wow about time! :D

1.In a continued effort to keep clarity of the rules a high priority on Sal's, We'd like to remind you that the bump rule has been extended to 14 Days instead of the previous 7, as some members are still a bit used to the old limit. We do realize that this will take some time to get used to.

Wow about time! :(

It's already been in effect since January, but people haven't seemed to remember that. Including myself :D

This is fair enough; although I may not be reading this correct; but does this mean we are allowed to swear as long as it isn't aimed towards another individual or anything in a harmful manner?

EDIT: I didn't know about this new bump limit! :D

Edited by A General

This is fair enough; although I may not be reading this correct; but does this mean we are allowed to swear as long as it isn't aimed towards another individual or anything in a harmful manner?

EDIT: I didn't know about this new bump limit! :(

You and all the other people that have been reporting things that aren't 'bumped' anymore :D

Any Other Type Of Comment That Is Deemed Inappropriate By A Moderator.

For the most part, it is up to sole discretion of the chat mod. However, seeing as anyone who is offended by any swear words can simply turn the chat filter to "on", there will probably be a bit of leniency. If it isn't directed at any person or group in a hurtful manner then it probably will be let go.

EDIT: I didn't know about this new bump limit! :P

You and all the other people that have been reporting things that aren't 'bumped' anymore :(

Yeah, I know. :D Well, I know now. :P

For the most part, it is up to sole discretion of the chat mod. However, seeing as anyone who is offended by any swear words can simply turn the chat filter to "on", there will probably be a bit of leniency. If it isn't directed at any person or group in a hurtful manner then it probably will be let go.

It still doesn't give someone a straight answer; doesn't it kind of depend on the moderator who's in the channel at the time? I think it's more than fair; although I just don't want one moderator to say it's okay and another to say it's not... :D

It still doesn't give someone a straight answer; doesn't it kind of depend on the moderator who's in the channel at the time? I think it's more than fair; although I just don't want one moderator to say it's okay and another to say it's not... :D

Basically if its still seen as offensive with the filter on then it will be dealt with.

So this means no censor evading, people who have the filter on have it there for a reason.

No spamming, and no being rude towards other chat users.

Ultimately though what is offensive is a matter of opinion, and therefore it is up to the mod who is dealing with it to decide what is or is not offensive.

In practice use as in "crap (substitute word of choice) lagged & died @ kbd" will be let go in 95% of cases unless u get a really upset & picky mod

A 1 hour holiday or longer will be granted for :Abuse directed @ another player, racial stuff OR just spam posting expletives that would have resulted in a large field of stars in the past for the sake of seeing the filter gone (a favourite of some who have already have footprints on their butts)

Edited by Bwauder

This is good, but it still doesn't cover forum filters...

I believe the rules on the forum will remain the same concerning the filter.

As of now there has been no change in the forum filter.

As in regards to screenshots.

As in regards to screenshots.

Images with censored words must be spoiler'd or linked to with a warning about its content.

does that mean i can use bad words in dsz??? :DDD

I think that this is a good solution. With the introduction of the chat filter, it seems like people everywhere assume it also means that you can rip into people, troll, and flame.

I personally keep chat filter on.