Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
heb0

Runescape Suggestions Rules Update (and A Reminder)

The Runescape Suggestions Rules have been updated and simplified as part of our ongoing effort to update the Forum Rules. In particular, a few of the more outdated items on the Forbidden Suggestions list have been removed, and the "Suggest an Item" and "Suggest a Skill/Spell" stickies have been removed. Consequentially, Rule 6, which concerned suggestions for Items, Skills and Spells, no longer applies.

However, this does not mean that the rules concerning Spam and the level of detail required for a suggestion will not be enforced for those types of suggestions. While we are now allowing Item, Skill and Spell suggestions to be posted in individual topics, we will still close topics that do not contain a high enough level of detail.

For a list of rules that were removed, please consult the spoiler below.

6) If you have a suggestion for a new item, spell, or skill, but it isn't well-elaborated, please post it in either the Suggest an Item or Suggest a Spell/Skill sticky.

If you are posting a large group of items that are related in some way, your suggestion may be allowed, but please make sure your idea is elaborate and balanced, and will benefit the game in some way.

[02] New items - please post these suggestions in the sticky that is linked to above. (this does not count for suggestions that incorporate new items into a broader idea, such as quest suggestions, or suggestions for groups of items, as long as your suggestion is elaborate and detailed.)

[03] New skills or spells - please post these in the sticky above, unless they are detailed and elaborate.

[04] New staves. (mind, chaos, etc.)

[06] New Dragon items. (Jagex is releasing them slowly, one by one)

[15] Riding (regardless of what is used to ride, be it a giant ant or a spaceship) or flying.

[19] New guilds. (i.e.: woodcutting guild, trading guild, n00bz guild...)

[20] Shapeshifting suggestions. (i.e. turning into an animal or anything of the sorts)

[31] Bringing back Runescape Classic.

We would also like to remind all members of Sal's Realm that the forums are not a place for selling services/goods for real-life money or for asking for real life donations. Any topics containing these types of requests will be closed. :wizard:

Edited by heb0

This is awesome; it will allow more discussion around equipment suggestions. You can't get a real discussion going in the old system. :D

This is awesome; it will allow more discussion around equipment suggestions. You can't get a real discussion going in the old system. :(

Yeah, if something silly like horses in runescape was suggested now, it would probably get more than the 5 posts it got originally. :D

Sounds good! :P

I've been after this for years, it seems like all the obvious ones are gone :D

But I still think we need pew pew guns

This is awesome; it will allow more discussion around equipment suggestions. You can't get a real discussion going in the old system. :(

Yeah, if something silly like horses in runescape was suggested now, it would probably get more than the 5 posts it got originally. :D

Sounds good! :P

Horses r not be silly nub! I lyk de horse rides. :ban:

Yeah; although let's just hope people use the search feature before posting the same equipment suggestions over, over, and over again.

salmoneus staff

destroy sals

one change at a time :D

This is awesome; it will allow more discussion around equipment suggestions. You can't get a real discussion going in the old system. :P

Sounds good! :D

ITT: Heb0 edits the rules just so he can re-post his horses suggestion. :(

Edited by heb0

power abusers gunna abuse :D

yeh who even looked in those noob stickies :(

Edited by mad max

Or, it could be the converse, and they're putting up small announcements to lessen the impact of the rehaul being a long way in the future. :D

Sorry guys, I tried! But in the end you just gotta bend over and take it :D.

Edited by heb0
fite man u rebel

Good update. I feel that people don't really look at the stickies (at least, I don't.) They're usually really boring and unimportant things like rules. :D

This is awesome; it will allow more discussion around equipment suggestions. You can't get a real discussion going in the old system. :)

Heb0's thread on horses had like 1k posts...

salmoneus staff

destroy sals

one change at a time :D

Anarchist

This is awesome; it will allow more discussion around equipment suggestions. You can't get a real discussion going in the old system. :o

Yeah, if something silly like horses in runescape was suggested now, it would probably get more than the 5 posts it got originally. :(

ITT: Heb0 edits the rules just so he can re-post his horses suggestion. :P

The second time around i'd probably support it :D. Horses could be nicely tied into summoning :D.

power abusers gunna abuse :P

yeh who even looked in those noob stickies :P

U mean powa aboos right?