Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Desireful

It's That Time Of The Year Again...

Works now :( And thankyou for putting the time and effort into moderating/administrate the points Heb0. :D

Meh, too lazy, and I am f2p :D

Also, I find it funny, because the OP said not to use Tinypic, since it recycles old images, when its all the other sites that do. So far, in my experience, I have seen way more recycled url's by imageshack, and some other 1 I can't remember, and none by tinypic. 1 of my friends had even shown me a tinypic that has lasted for a couple years. Usually, whenever I upload a picture to Imageshack, within around 2 months, it gets deleted/recycled.

It's ok to take images off runescape website?

It's ok to take images off runescape website?

No, the images you submit must be taken first hand and not from any other location.

Also, I find it funny, because the OP said not to use Tinypic, since it recycles old images, when its all the other sites that do. So far, in my experience, I have seen way more recycled url's by imageshack, and some other 1 I can't remember, and none by tinypic. 1 of my friends had even shown me a tinypic that has lasted for a couple years. Usually, whenever I upload a picture to Imageshack, within around 2 months, it gets deleted/recycled.

Tinypic does it at a much more frequent rate and we have lost numerous images. Please just stick to imageshack. :D

I'll do my part and work on getting some items in as well. Is Photobucket fine, or should I stick to Imageshack?

Wait..

What is the difference from getting the item in game. Compared to going to the Grand exchange Data Base (On the Runescape website), and getting the picture off there?

I see no difference.

EDIT:

This is pretty big deal. So answer it quick. Duh.

Edited by Sk8skull

Wait..

What is the difference from getting the item in game. Compared to going to the Grand exchange Data Base (On the Runescape website), and getting the picture off there?

I see no difference.

There technically isn't a difference. Although JaGeX have ownership of all the images on their website; although give permission to players to take pictures of actual game play. (At least; this is what I believe)

Wait..

I see no difference.

There technically isn't a difference. Although JaGeX have ownership of all the images on their website; although give permission to players to take pictures of actual game play. (At least; this is what I believe)

Okay, so what if we go to the Database, and instead of just save the picture, we take a screenshot of that page? And then we crop the image from there?

Edited by Sk8skull

It still falls under the copyright I believe. I mean, it's like saying I could take a print screen of a guide on Sal's website, crop is down a bit and it would be okay, right? Nope. It's still technically not allowed; although I'll need someone to confirm this.

It still falls under the copyright I believe. I mean, it's like saying I could take a print screen of a guide on Sal's website, crop is down a bit and it would be okay, right? Nope. It's still technically not allowed; although I'll need someone to confirm this.

Yeah this definetly needs to be checked by a mod.

Edited by Sk8skull

Images and information can be taken either from in game or the RuneScape/Jagex website without being considered ripping. What we don't want is people going to grab alchemy prices and stats off other fansites. The information you submit must come from a firsthand source, anything Jagex produced.

Thanks lilshu :D.

I'll do my part and work on getting some items in as well. Is Photobucket fine, or should I stick to Imageshack?

As long as you don't plan on deleting the images from your account, photobucket is excellent. :D

Images and information can be taken either from in game or the RuneScape/Jagex website without being considered ripping. What we don't want is people going to grab alchemy prices and stats off other fansites. The information you submit must come from a firsthand source, anything Jagex produced.

Thanks for the clarification. Now it'll be much easier knowing I can just get the image pictures straight from the Jagex KB.

As long as you don't plan on deleting the images from your account, photobucket is excellent. :D

Yeah my Photobucket is just for content submission pictures so that's good. :(

Thanks for the clarification. Now it'll be much easier knowing I can just get the image pictures straight from the Jagex KB.

Heb0 brought up the point I may be wrong on that :3 So hold off on the getting images from the database thing.

Okay please clear that up because I was under the assumption that it wasn't allowed before :D

Only tested this with 3 items, but it seems that Dungeoneering low alch prices are 1.333333x the price you sell to the smuggler (low is still 1.5x to get high alch price)

I just wanted to know do I get points for linking words to certain guides.

You'll get points for linking in the DATABASES, not guides however, as it's a database drive.

I'm not sure, but do it anyways. It's a good practice :D

You'll get points for linking in the DATABASES, not guides however, as it's a database drive.

I don't think it works like that. You get points for adding a correction, such as adding a link. Regardless of if it's a guide or item.

Is anyone using my submission helpers? I'd like to know what you think of them and if they can be any faster. I'll be working on a mini ubbc editor to add url's.

Edited by Ambo100

Finally.

I guess it's time to steamroll any competition in the Monster Database, again. :D

*Wishes I had RS HD* (crap comp hi)

Sorry about the delay in getting all the points added. We're currently a page or so back in the IDB and a few submission behind in the others. Hopefully it should be up to date and the Total Points page current by the end of tonight.

I blame you cursed people who feel the need to submit four pages of items to the IDB :D :(

Sorry about the delay in getting all the points added. We're currently a page or so back in the IDB and a few submission behind in the others. Hopefully it should be up to date and the Total Points page current by the end of tonight.

I blame you cursed people who feel the need to submit four pages of items to the IDB :D :(

I agree. :P

What if no one gets 200+ in every db? The book is burnt?

Edited by Jacky