Sal's RuneScape Forum
Doom

Nba

What were your opinions on the list? TBH I don't think Chris Paul should've been as high up as he was on the list. He didn't have that good of a season this year.

Didn't really disagree with Bron being #1. I think he is the best player in the NBA, even if he can't seem to win.

Kobe shoulda been top 5, he's still the player I want with the ball if the game is on the line. Why was CP3 in the top 5 I have no idea. He's good but he's not better than Dirk. Why was Blake Griffin so high? He's just flashy.

I thought Russell Westbrook was too high at 15. Give him a couple more years, the talent is there but the maturity is not.

Thought D Rose was in a great spot. Right behind the greats of the game. He'll be top 5 within the next couple of years, no doubt in my mind.

There's my brief analysis... I'll have to look over the top 50 or 100 again to see what else I didn't like about it... what did you think?

Why is Blake Griffin higher than Melo?

One of the biggest problems I had.

Didn't really disagree with Bron being #1. I think he is the best player in the NBA, even if he can't seem to win.

Kobe shoulda been top 5, he's still the player I want with the ball if the game is on the line. Why was CP3 in the top 5 I have no idea. He's good but he's not better than Dirk. Why was Blake Griffin so high? He's just flashy.

I thought Russell Westbrook was too high at 15. Give him a couple more years, the talent is there but the maturity is not.

Thought D Rose was in a great spot. Right behind the greats of the game. He'll be top 5 within the next couple of years, no doubt in my mind.

There's my brief analysis... I'll have to look over the top 50 or 100 again to see what else I didn't like about it... what did you think?

LeBron should have been tied for first. The panelists who gave 9s to players like LeBron, Wade, and Dwight are dumb.

Kobe should not be in the top 5; these rankings are based on the quality of the players present day.

CP3 is the best PG in the league so his ranking was fine. I think most GMs would take him over Dirk any day.

I agree with you on Blake and Rose.

The only other problem with the list that I can recall is that players like Garnett and Duncan were ranked really high... they were like in the top 30.

Yeah, Melo should have been ranked a bit higher than Blake, but neither are top 10 players.

Kobe should not be in the top 5; these rankings are based on the quality of the players present day.

CP3 is the best PG in the league so his ranking was fine. I think most GMs would take him over Dirk any day.

I agree with you on Blake and Rose.

The only other problem with the list that I can recall is that players like Garnett and Duncan were ranked really high... they were like in the top 30.

Yeah, Melo should have been ranked a bit higher than Blake, but neither are top 10 players.

I don't only consider the "skill" factor. If I had to pick 1 player in the league to hit a clutch shot today, it would be him. Obviously if I wanted to build a franchise from the ground up, I wouldn't pick him solely because of age.

I know CP3 is the best pure PG in the league, hands down. I don't think being the best at your position nets you a top 5 spot.

In terms of the overall effect on a game, Dirk plays a much larger role than CP3 does.

Duncan was 19. Garnett was 24? I think. Both of them are too high, they're too old.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7122537 Thought this was pretty funny. Stephen A. Smith made a good point about how Lebron shouldn't be #1, but his argument was almost solely based on his Finals performance (which was pretty damn bad....). Still interesting to listen.

Here's my top 10:

1. Bron

2. Dwight (better FT% and he takes #1 spot)

3. Wade

4. Dirk

5. Durant

6. Kobe

7. Rose

8. CP3 (ESPN agrees he was too high)

9. Pau (if I disregard his horrific playoff)

10. I'm not even sure who I would have here. Maybe Melo.

Edited by _Zj

If Kobe is not in your top 5, you are simply being stubborn. Heck, even Top 3! Only 2 players I would take over Kobe in this league are Kevin Durant and Wade.

The REAL Top 5:

1. Wade

2. Durant

3. Kobe

4. Dirk

5. Dwight

Each and every player up there leads there team. Without Wade, Miami would be average, same for OKC without Durant, and same for Magic without Dwight, and so on.

I would have to see more from CP3 in the playoffs and Rose, in order to rank them higher. The NBA is nothing but the playoffs, that is all that really matters. Regular season means absolutely nothing. 0. No one cares how a player does in the regular season. If you are basing your ranking off regular season play, I should tell you that you're highly mistaken.

By the way, I am a Phildelphia 76ers Fan(Not biased).

Edited by RunescapinRunescaper

I don't only consider the "skill" factor. If I had to pick 1 player in the league to hit a clutch shot today, it would be him. Obviously if I wanted to build a franchise from the ground up, I wouldn't pick him solely because of age.

I know CP3 is the best pure PG in the league, hands down. I don't think being the best at your position nets you a top 5 spot.

In terms of the overall effect on a game, Dirk plays a much larger role than CP3 does.

Duncan was 19. Garnett was 24? I think. Both of them are too high, they're too old.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7122537 Thought this was pretty funny. Stephen A. Smith made a good point about how Lebron shouldn't be #1, but his argument was almost solely based on his Finals performance (which was pretty damn bad....). Still interesting to listen.

Here's my top 10:

1. Bron

2. Dwight (better FT% and he takes #1 spot)

3. Wade

4. Dirk

5. Durant

6. Kobe

7. Rose

8. CP3 (ESPN agrees he was too high)

9. Pau (if I disregard his horrific playoff)

10. I'm not even sure who I would have here. Maybe Melo.

Dirk is more clutch, but Paul is an overall better player right now for a number of reasons.

Rose is NOT better than CP3 right now, at all. Maybe in 2 years.

I think it should have been:

1. LeBron

2. Wade

3. Dwight

4. Durant

5. CP3

6. Dirk

7. Kobe

8. Rose

9. Deron

10. Pau

Last 4 or 5 were pretty close for me.

If Kobe is not in your top 5, you are simply being stubborn. Heck, even Top 3! Only 2 players I would take over Kobe in this league are Kevin Durant and Wade.

The REAL Top 5:

1. Wade

2. Durant

3. Kobe

4. Dirk

5. Dwight

Each and every player up there leads there team. Without Wade, Miami would be average, same for OKC without Durant, and same for Magic without Dwight, and so on.

I would have to see more from CP3 in the playoffs and Rose, in order to rank them higher. The NBA is nothing but the playoffs, that is all that really matters. Regular season means absolutely nothing. 0. No one cares how a player does in the regular season. If you are basing your ranking off regular season play, I should tell you that you're highly mistaken.

:( :D :P

1. Wade

2. Durant

3. Kobe

4. Dirk

5. Dwight

I'm sorry, but even as the most anti-LeBron person I know, I understand he is the best player in the NBA. To not even put him in your top 5 makes you lose all credibility...

I would take LeBron over every single other player in the NBA, hands down.

1. Lebron-obvious choice for number 1. Even though I really really hate the guy, I can't deny the fact he is probably the best all around player. He was good in the post season except for parts of the finals but I still won't discredit him.

2. Dwight-hands down the most dominant big man in the game right now and he's only going to get better.

3. Wade-at this point in time, Wade is in the middle of his prime and Kobe is nearing the end. The two still have similar stats but I'm going to have to say he has the edge at this point in time.

4. Dirk-Hard to say being a Lakers fan :( But it's easy to admit that Dirk was important in the sweep. However, it's not all Kobe's fault really. A lot of it can be attributed to Pau's play which suddenly just dropped compared to the regular season.

5. Kobe- it's Kobe. He's getting old, but he can still do a lot. He's a lot more efficient as well. He plays less minutes but keeps a similar output to previous years.

The REAL Top 5:

1. Wade

2. Durant

3. Kobe

4. Dirk

5. Dwight

I'm not a LeBron fan, not even close to one. (I hated the guy when he was on Cleveland). But please explain to me how he's not in the top 5? Even if you bring up the argument that he chokes in the fourth quarter (which is only true less than half the time) he still averages about 28 points per game.

Also, how does your playoff rating work? Based on how far a player can take a team into the playoffs or how good he does?

Well now a full season is out of the question.... Apparently neither the players nor the owners will budge on the revenue sharing.

Owners want a 50/50 split, players won't go less than 52%. With the old CBA, the players had 57%...

I think negotiations are going to last a realllllly long time. I hope the players give in soon, though.

I want to watch the Knicks. D:

Edited by Pig

I think negotiations are going to last a realllllly long time. I hope the players give in soon, though.

The players are already losing billions of dollars over the next 10 years even if they get 52%. I can't remember where, but I saw an article on ESPN about the math behind it all, and who is losing what.

Honestly I hope the owners will just give them 52%. Taking a 7% cut is huge when you're talking the amount of money that the NBA generates...

The players are already losing billions of dollars over the next 10 years even if they get 52%. I can't remember where, but I saw an article on ESPN about the math behind it all, and who is losing what.

Honestly I hope the owners will just give them 52%. Taking a 7% cut is huge when you're talking the amount of money that the NBA generates...

I agree that the players should get their 52% but I just heard that the owners would probably be able to stand their ground longer because they have deeper pockets.

I agree that the players should get their 52% but I just heard that the owners would probably be able to stand their ground longer because they have deeper pockets.

Yeah that's what I've been hearing too... it's sad.

At this point it's a war of attrition, and the players cannot compete with the owners at all.

But on the bright side, NCAA is here!

Yeah that's what I've been hearing too... it's sad.

At this point it's a war of attrition, and the players cannot compete with the owners at all.

But on the bright side, NCAA is here!

Thank god...

I'm still confident there will be a season, I just think it will be shortened. I really don't think either side is willing to lose an entire season and will concede slightly more at best but not to the current 47-53 deal.

http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/bulls-talk/...&feedID=627

Business is business I guess.

I read a different article concerning Jordan on ESPN.com. I think it's pretty hypocritical of him to demand even less than the other owners are offering (Jordan wants the players to get around 47% instead of even 50-50), considering he was a player. He was in their shoes. He's dealt with a lockout from their perspective.

Respect -1, MJ.

Everybody is greedy, not just MJ. Besides, I thought he was supporting the 51-49 ultimatum?

Well I see alot of CURRENT best players in the NBA, but what about all time ? Your Favorites?

Top 5 Favorites :

1.Michael Jeffrey Jordan

2.Larry Joe Bird

3.Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr. (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar )

4.Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo

5.Hakeem Abdul Olajuwon

Edited by Supreme

1. lebron james

2. dwyane wade

3. chris bosh

4. zydrunas ilgauskas

5. dennis rodman

I woulda had big Z before Bosh.

LOCKOUT IS OVER!!! YAYYYY. SEASON STARS CHRISTMAS. miami heat champs!
LOCKOUT IS OVER! FIRST GAMES ON CHRISTMAS!

LEBRON STILL GONNA LOSE!

V happy though, tis good day!