Sal's RuneScape Forum
Doom

Nba

fudge david stern. I'm interested to see where Chris Paul goes now. If this next deal goes through to some small market team, then we have some serious bullshizzle on our hands.

Pretty much took the words out of my mouth. If the Lakers couldn't get Chris Paul I doubt the Knicks will get him. At the very latest we'll just have to wait the season out to see what goes on.

The Biggest thing that can happen this upcoming free agency: Derrick Rose leaves the Chicago Bulls :(.

It'll also be interesting to see where Dwight Howard is going to end up.

Pretty much took the words out of my mouth. If the Lakers couldn't get Chris Paul I doubt the Knicks will get him. At the very latest we'll just have to wait the season out to see what goes on.
Stern is a moron, case closed.

The Biggest thing that can happen this upcoming free agency: Derrick Rose leaves the Chicago Bulls :(.
I don't think that will happen. He loves Chicago, and I think they're going to try and build around him.

LA or Chicago is what I'm reading. Both would be very interesting. Edited by _Zj

I don't think that will happen. He loves Chicago, and I think they're going to try and build around him.

LA or Chicago is what I'm reading. Both would be very interesting.

Yeah I doubt he'll leave Chicago, it'd just be extremely interesting if he did. And Dwight Howard is probably going to end up in L.A. He wants to play with Kobe and giving up Paul Gasol or Andrew Bynum and whatever other role-players could be a good trade for the Lakers. Kobe and Shaq did damage when they were together. I just hope something goes down before Kobe's knees give in.

LA or Chicago is what I'm reading. Both would be very interesting.

Yeah I doubt he'll leave Chicago, it'd just be extremely interesting if he did. And Dwight Howard is probably going to end up in L.A. He wants to play with Kobe and giving up Paul Gasol or Andrew Bynum and whatever other role-players could be a good trade for the Lakers. Kobe and Shaq did damage when they were together. I just hope something goes down before Kobe's knees give in.

I'm sure the Lakers realize that Kobe may only have a couple good years left in him; try to get more rings while they still have him.

They would have to give up both Pau and Bynum to get Dwight though.

It would be interesting to see if Dwight and Kobe could play together. We all know how the whole Shaq and Kobe era ended. It wasn't exactly a happy marriage, but it was definitely successful. Dwight's the most dominant big man in the game, Kobe is Kobe. Would be very exciting.

I think a lot of people are ignoring the fact that despite the fact Kobe is getting older, he has also gotten more efficient. Last year, the only significant decrease was his scoring which was by 2 points in 5 fewer minutes per game. In terms of points/36 or points/48, he did better than he had in the last few years. He obviously can't work inside as much or attack the rim, but he has a very reliable shot and mid range game.

I see no reason for the Lakers to trade for Dwight Howard. They have 3 great big men and they would lose at least two in the trade for Howard. I'm not sure if they would receive another big man besides Howard in return. They honestly don't need Howard. Their first priority should still be the PG spot. The league is very much a PG run league now. The triangle really isn't as effective anymore and they need to adjust.

And as for the Paul trade, there are rumors that he's going to the Clippers. I honestly don't see who the Clipper's could offer for Paul that would be better than Scola, Odom, and Martin unless they sent Griffin and Gordon or something similar to New Orleans.

I think a lot of people are ignoring the fact that despite the fact Kobe is getting older, he has also gotten more efficient. Last year, the only significant decrease was his scoring which was by 2 points in 5 fewer minutes per game. In terms of points/36 or points/48, he did better than he had in the last few years. He obviously can't work inside as much or attack the rim, but he has a very reliable shot and mid range game.

I see no reason for the Lakers to trade for Dwight Howard. They have 3 great big men and they would lose at least two in the trade for Howard. I'm not sure if they would receive another big man besides Howard in return. They honestly don't need Howard. Their first priority should still be the PG spot. The league is very much a PG run league now. The triangle really isn't as effective anymore and they need to adjust.

And as for the Paul trade, there are rumors that he's going to the Clippers. I honestly don't see who the Clipper's could offer for Paul that would be better than Scola, Odom, and Martin unless they sent Griffin and Gordon or something similar to New Orleans.

While I agree with you that they don't need Dwight Howard signing him would not be a bad thing. Assuming that he decides to opt out of his contract (to whatever team he goes to or if he stays on Orlando) the Lakers picking him up would definitely boost their chances of getting another ring, albeit they would have to get rid of either Pau Gasol or Andew Bynum. I understand what you're saying on how it isn't worth giving up both Gasol and Bynum but getting rid of one of them and maybe one or two bench players would benefit the Lakers, IMO.

I highly doubt that the clippers would give up Griffen for Gasol, Gordon ehhh not so much.

Edited by Fake

While I agree with you that they don't need Dwight Howard signing him would not be a bad thing. Assuming that he decides to opt out of his contract (to whatever team he goes to or if he stays on Orlando) the Lakers picking him up would definitely boost their chances of getting another ring, albeit they would have to get rid of either Paul Gasol or Andew Bynum. I understand what you're saying on how it isn't worth giving up both Gasol and Bynum but getting rid of one of them and maybe one or two bench players would benefit the Lakers, IMO.

I highly doubt that the clippers would give up Griffen for Gasol, Gordon ehhh not so much.

Chris Paul, not Pau Gasol. :( The Clipper's have been expressing a lot of interest in him and apparently he's thinking about joining them. And Gordon has a lot of potential. He's young and is a great scorer.

While I agree with you that they don't need Dwight Howard signing him would not be a bad thing. Assuming that he decides to opt out of his contract (to whatever team he goes to or if he stays on Orlando) the Lakers picking him up would definitely boost their chances of getting another ring, albeit they would have to get rid of either Pau Gasol or Andew Bynum. I understand what you're saying on how it isn't worth giving up both Gasol and Bynum but getting rid of one of them and maybe one or two bench players would benefit the Lakers, IMO.

His first name is Pau, not Paul.

The Clippers have to give up Eric Gordon or their first round pick from Minnesota if they trade for Paul.

While I agree with you that they don't need Dwight Howard signing him would not be a bad thing. Assuming that he decides to opt out of his contract (to whatever team he goes to or if he stays on Orlando) the Lakers picking him up would definitely boost their chances of getting another ring, albeit they would have to get rid of either Paul Gasol or Andew Bynum. I understand what you're saying on how it isn't worth giving up both Gasol and Bynum but getting rid of one of them and maybe one or two bench players would benefit the Lakers, IMO.

Chris Paul, not Pau Gasol. :D The Clipper's have been expressing a lot of interest in him and apparently he's thinking about joining them. And Gordon has a lot of potential. He's young and is a great scorer.

Ohhhhhh :(

In that case, despite the premier athlete that Chris Paul I don't really think it'd be worth it for them to trade two pretty young players who are producing at a good rate and only have room to improve.

CP3 is now a Clipper

dumb dumb and dumb I'm very annoyed to see Eric Gordon leaving the clippers to go to NO. The Clippers were on the rise and it's a shame that he had to go before they had any major success. He's really not going to get much accomplished in NO other than an increase in stats we'll see from being the #1 scoring option now.

I don't really know how Kaman, Aminu, and Gordon are better than Odom, Scola, and KMart other than being younger.

CP3 is now a Clipper

dumb dumb and dumb I'm very annoyed to see Eric Gordon leaving the clippers to go to NO. The Clippers were on the rise and it's a shame that he had to go before they had any major success. He's really not going to get much accomplished in NO other than an increase in stats we'll see from being the #1 scoring option now.

I don't really know how Kaman, Aminu, and Gordon are better than Odom, Scola, and KMart other than being younger.

Stern doesn't understand anything. His whole reasoning, despite what he said, was that he didn't want CP3 playing for the Lakers. It's that simple.

Still, having CP3 and Griffin together is definitely going to be fun to watch.

Although this will probably make people love Griffin even more than they already do. He's overrated as is, which means I'll probably end up angered by this trade in the long run.

Meh, I just hope him and Blake Griffen will be able to work together.

WHY WHY WHY did the Clippers do this trade? They would have made the playoffs with the old team with CP3.

Cp3 has been on the decline since 2007 when he finished 2nd in MVP Voting. Since then, he's had knee injuries and his stats have been decreasing since. He had a very good, but not superstar type of season last year. I feel the Clippers gave up far too much for CP3, who may or may not sign a contract extension.

The Clippers should have only traded one of Gordon or 1st Round Pick. The T-Wolves are def going to have a bad year and a high draft pick. The Clippers better hope to achieve some major success... they gave up what would have been the 1st overall pick in the previous draft already.

Anybody interested in a fantasy league?

I'd definitely be down for a fantasy league.

Anybody interested in a fantasy league?
I'm down.

I'll start keeping track on this post then. I wanna start this before Christmas so I'll give a few more days for people to sign up

1. Me

2. Fake

3. Zj

4. Richman99

5. Gnomercy

Edited by Doom

Guys I'm in a fantasy and do you think it'd be worth it to give up Monta Ellis and DeMarcus Cousins for Eric Gordon and Zach Randolph. LMK ASAP PLEASE!

EDIT: And what about Monta Ellis and Chris Bosh for the same two?

Edited by Fake

Guys I'm in a fantasy and do you think it'd be worth it to give up Monta Ellis and DeMarcus Cousins for Eric Gordon and Zach Randolph. LMK ASAP PLEASE!

Depends on who your PF and who your new center will be. Zach Randolph easily over Demarcus Cousins. He's a beast in the low post and on the boards because of his size and is very consistent.

Depends on who your PF and who your new center will be. Zach Randolph easily over Demarcus Cousins. He's a beast in the low post and on the boards because of his size and is very consistent.

I already have Chris Bosh and Brook Lopez. I'd keep Brook Lopez and Center and maybe push Bosh for a trade and Eric Gordon would be my primary SG.

Then yes I would do the trade. Brook Lopez is much more consistent than Cousins is. Cousins is only beginning his second season so we don't really know how much he'll have improved from his rookie season and Monta really isn't that much better or even better at all than Eric Gordon.

But see if somebody else agrees too. :(

Okay new trade scenario :D.

I will give up LeBron James, Monta Ellis and Brook Lopez for Carmelo Anthony, Dwight Howard and Joe Johnson.

Sorry for bringing by own fantasy problems here but it always helps to get a second or third opinion. :(

Edited by Fake