Sal's RuneScape Forum
Doom

Nba

FML Knicks lost 4 in a row, I don't know what to say really. In other news Kobe didn't drop 40.

The compacted schedule is really causing a lot of teams to win/lose games in bunches, or at least it seems that way to me.

The compacted schedule is really causing a lot of teams to win/lose games in bunches, or at least it seems that way to me.

There's a lot less resting time. Teams play more back to backs and even back to back to backs this year than ever before, which isn't surprising. It's going to allow for more injury which we have seen and for those with injury, they're going to miss a lot more games than normal. Superstars like Dwayne Wade and Derrick Rose who want to play through injuries are going to have a tough time due to compact schedules.

Injuries also make it tougher on the coaches. They have to decide if winning x game will be worth the effort, when the injured player could be resting. It's much more of a strategic season, I think. You have to concede some victories for the bigger picture; teams are trying to survive to the playoffs and try to have as many healthy/rested players as possible. It's tough to balance.

Anyone also noticed that the average number of points in a game is down? Or is it just me?

I actually laughed when the Lakers won 73-70.

I played in higher scoring high school games.

Anyone also noticed that the average number of points in a game is down? Or is it just me?

I guess NBA players play more defense than high school players.

You mean the shortened schedule is causing teams to be inconsistent offensively.

You mean the shortened schedule is causing teams to be inconsistent offensively.

In some cases, probably. Teams like Miami seem to be doing better this season in terms of offense, though. Players' fitness is starting to become more of a factor.

God damn the Knicks are pissing me off.

Hopefully Davis will be back soon. They really need a PG because right now, they're pretty much running Iso plays through Melo and Amare which is never good if you want an offense that has a good flow or rhythm.

Hopefully Davis will be back soon. They really need a PG because right now, they're pretty much running Iso plays through Melo and Amare which is never good if you want an offense that has a good flow or rhythm.

I swear the Knicks have no backbone. Even if Melo's having a horrible game they'll still pass him the ball whenever he asks. They actually need to learn how to play ball as a team :/.

Also, opinion on Mike D'Antoni as the Knicks Coach.

I swear the Knicks have no backbone. Even if Melo's having a horrible game they'll still pass him the ball whenever he asks. They actually need to learn how to play ball as a team slanty.gif.

Also, opinion on Mike D'Antoni as the Knicks Coach.

D'Antoni is a bad option for the Knicks with the players they have. Anthony (nice doggy!) demands the ball in the half court offense and that is not D'Antoni's style of play at all. One or the other has to go, and it won't be Melo.

I live in Toronto and it really sucks having the paper say that the Raptors aren't doing good. :/

I live in Toronto and it really sucks having the paper say that the Raptors aren't doing good. slanty.gif

The raptors ain't shizzle (but then again they're only 1 game behind the Knicks :P) Any chance they have of doing good directly depends on how good Andrea Bargnani can do when he comes back from the injury. The rest of the team just aint cutting it. Demar Derozan isn't doing much, which is a disappointment because I expected him to do decent this year. :/

Jose Calderon is doing alright, really his only GREAT game being his last one (17 assists).

I live in Toronto and it really sucks having the paper say that the Raptors aren't doing good. slanty.gif

The raptors ain't shizzle (but then again they're only 1 game behind the Knicks tongue.png) Any chance they have of doing good directly depends on how good Andrea Bargnani can do when he comes back from the injury. The rest of the team just aint cutting it. Demar Derozan isn't doing much, which is a disappointment because I expected him to do decent this year. slanty.gif

Jose Calderon is doing alright, really his only GREAT game being his last one (17 assists).

They said that Derozan is leading the team. Newspaper is lying. <_<

The raptors ain't shizzle (but then again they're only 1 game behind the Knicks tongue.png) Any chance they have of doing good directly depends on how good Andrea Bargnani can do when he comes back from the injury. The rest of the team just aint cutting it. Demar Derozan isn't doing much, which is a disappointment because I expected him to do decent this year. slanty.gif

They said that Derozan is leading the team. Newspaper is lying. dry.png

He has games where he scores in the 20s but he's extremely inconsistent.

His last 10 games (in terms of scoring):

Edited by Fake

FML Knicks lost 4 in a row, I don't know what to say really. In other news Kobe didn't drop 40.

Lin hits game-winner as Knicks beat Raptors

Yeah. :D Hes weird. :o

6 in a row. Lin is doing it!!! :o A 3 pointer with less than a second left = pro. :D

Yeah. biggrin.png Hes weird. ohmy.png

6 in a row. Lin is doing it!!! ohmy.png A 3 pointer with less than a second left = pro. biggrin.png

Lol both those posts came before Linsanity struck the Knicks. BTW it's 7 in a row now. :P

I'm just hoping that Carmelo will learn to play with him. If those two can work together and play at nice levels then I see no reason why the Knicks can't succeed.

Also, all the Memes with Jeremy Lin make me LOL.

Yeah. biggrin.png Hes weird. ohmy.png

6 in a row. Lin is doing it!!! ohmy.png A 3 pointer with less than a second left = pro. biggrin.png

Lol both those posts came before Linsanity struck the Knicks. BTW it's 7 in a row now. tongue.png

I'm just hoping that Carmelo will learn to play with him. If those two can work together and play at nice levels then I see no reason why the Knicks can't succeed.

Also, all the Memes with Jeremy Lin make me LOL.

What are memes? <_<

Lin is all hot now. :D

The thing is that if he does fail at ball, he has his job. :D Smart guy he is.

I was looking at the standings and Charlotte have 16 losses in a row. :D

UGH I just realized that there are only like 35 or so games left in the Season.

Raptors lost to a team which had 16 losses in a row. :D

Knicks are down.

It seems like the finals. :D

Who is that guy with the beard? :D

I want the knicks to win!

85-80 they are down. Lin has two foul shots!

27 seconds left!!!

Raptors lost to a team which had 16 losses in a row. biggrin.png

Knicks are down.

It seems like the finals. biggrin.png

Who is that guy with the beard? biggrin.png

I want the knicks to win!

85-80 they are down. Lin has two foul shots!

27 seconds left!!!

The guy in the beard? I'm guessing Tyson Chandler.

And I'm disappointed we lost to New Orleans out of all teams. :/ And I don't think signing J.R. Smith was the best of ideas.

The guy in the beard? I'm guessing Tyson Chandler.

And I'm disappointed we lost to New Orleans out of all teams. slanty.gif And I don't think signing J.R. Smith was the best of ideas.

Why not? He's a great 3 pt shooter.

Russell Westbrook just had a nasty, nasty dunk. I jumped out of my chair.