Sal's RuneScape Forum
Doom

Nba

Steve Nash deserves to be on a good team for once. He stayed way longer than he should have in Phoenix.

They just need to add a few pieces to the bench if they can. I still think they have a mid level exception and a couple vet minimums so hopefully they can bring in a few good bench pieces, especially some guards. I think picking up somebody like Randy Foye or maybe Raymond Felton would be nice.

As for the C's, I don't think they're gonna get Allen back. I think he's headed to the heat at this point. Camby would be a good pickup though. They can sign him for vet's minimum and I think he wouldn't mind at this point in his career.

Jason Kidd is coming to the Knicks!

Jason Kidd won't do anything for the Knicks. He honestly should have retired this year. He can hardly produce playing starter's minutes so he won't be able to produce playing reserve minutes.

And with the whole mentoring thing, I still believe playing time is more beneficial than "mentoring".

Also, opinions on Brandon Roy's return? This guy was a top 5 shooting guard in the league before his knee issues really set in. He showed flashes of him old self in the playoffs last year against Dallas despite playing through pain and stuff. I still don't think he'll be the same obviously. When your cartilage between your knees is gone, there's nothing you can really do to fix it. He's not going to be able to take heavy minutes and will probably be playing 20 or so a night. But I still think he's good for 10 points off the bench.

Edited by Doom

Until I see him play I don't have high hopes for Brandon Roy.

Ray Allen to the Heat should be interesting the first time they play Boston

Ugh, Ray Allen went to the Heat. Time to go cry.

I'll actually feel bad when he gets booed out of the building the first time the Heat come to the Garden.

I'll actually feel bad when he gets booed out of the building the first time the Heat come to the Garden.

You really think that Celtics fans will boo one of the men that won them a championship?

The same could happen to Steve Nash when LA plays the Suns this year. Though if they really appreciated what he did for Phoenix, the fans would probably cheer him on like when Mike Vick returned for the first time to Atlanta as an Eagle.

You really think that Celtics fans will boo one of the men that won them a championship?

Yes, because the Heat/Celtics hate each other and Ray could have resigned with the C's for twice the money. So obviously he didn't want to be there anymore (not that I really blame him, but the fans loved him here).

The same could happen to Steve Nash when LA plays the Suns this year. Though if they really appreciated what he did for Phoenix, the fans would probably cheer him on like when Mike Vick returned for the first time to Atlanta as an Eagle.

Did you watch Nash's last game in Phoenix? The crowd cheered "We Want Steve" until Alvin Gentry put him back in long enough to turn the ball over and the whole time the crowd cheered. They knew that he wouldn't be in a Sun's jersey again but they love him in Phoenix. There is no way Steve Nash will ever be booed in the U.S. Airways Center.

Yes, because the Heat/Celtics hate each other and Ray could have resigned with the C's for twice the money. So obviously he didn't want to be there anymore (not that I really blame him, but the fans loved him here).

But can Celtics fans really blame him? He went to a team where he felt he could win another championship. I understand that the Heat and Celtics are rivals but it is still Ray Allen.

It'll be interesting to see what actually happens.

Edited by bros before hoes

Did you watch Nash's last game in Phoenix? The crowd cheered "We Want Steve" until Alvin Gentry put him back in long enough to turn the ball over and the whole time the crowd cheered. They knew that he wouldn't be in a Sun's jersey again but they love him in Phoenix. There is no way Steve Nash will ever be booed in the U.S. Airways Center.

But can Celtics fans really blame him? He went to a team where he felt he could win another championship. I understand that the Heat and Celtics are rivals but it is still Ray Allen.

It'll be interesting to see what actually happens.

Well no, they have no reason to blame him of course, but in sports, it doesn't really work that way.

That's because Vick actually did a lot for Atlanta and showed that he really cared for the city and its fans. The same can be said for Nash. He could have gone to New York or Toronto for more money or to go back to his former Canada. Instead, he factored his family a lot into his decision and ended up choosing LA because it's a contender and because it's very close to Phoenix.

As a Lakers fan, I'm stoked about the Steve Nash trade. However my eyebrows were raised when I saw the number of draft picks that the Lakers traded away. The problem is Nash is old and Kobe whilst still fit and brilliant, is heading into his twilight years. Seeing draft picks for the next 3 seasons disappear makes me slightly fearful.

Re: Ray Allen. He took less money to go to the Heat. He wants game time (he would not have been happy playing off the bench after Terry's arrival) and he wants a strong shot at the title. I don't think the Celtics could give him that next season.

Edited by Sykelig

Re: Ray Allen. He took less money to go to the Heat. He wants game time (he would not have been happy playing off the bench after Terry's arrival) and he wants a strong shot at the title. I don't think the Celtics could give him that next season.

Game time? He's a SG, meaning he'll be playing behind Dwayne Wade.

I see them using him on the opposite wing of Wade. A line-up of Chalmers, Wade, Allen, James, and Bosh would be scary for opposing teams. Allen will get his looks from the penetration of Wade and James. It will be interesting if they try to run him off screens like they did in Boston.

I see them using him on the opposite wing of Wade. A line-up of Chalmers, Wade, Allen, James, and Bosh would be scary for opposing teams. Allen will get his looks from the penetration of Wade and James. It will be interesting if they try to run him off screens like they did in Boston.

That's such a small lineup though. I'm not sure that's a great idea for a full-time lineup.

That's such a small lineup though. I'm not sure that's a great idea for a full-time lineup.

The Heat played small all last year. They only had four players that were 6'10"+, two of them being Dexter Pittman and Eddy Curry. Remember that LeBron (6'9") played the four spot all last year.

Pure awesome:

603547_10151953379070341_1871843258_n.jpg

Oh yeah, Rashard Lewis went to Miami too.

532221_10151064962124124_1173987233_n.jpg

Pretty soon the Heat are going to be forced to play against themselves because there are no players left in the league.

Blake Griffin injures his knee in Team USA scrimmage. Same knee he injured during the regular season. Any time something happens to Blake's knees, I get very worried. He really needs to develop some skills that don't rely on athleticism soon or he'll be garbage in like 6 years

Edit: I fudgeing love Mark Cuban. I've always hated Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith because they just say fiddlesticks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/mark-cuban-absolutely-destroys-espn-skip-bayless-air-202818568--nba.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv2jqFd2-qI

Edited by Doom

That was great. Every time I see this show, Skip tries to come out and make these dramatic, "oh my God", "I have found the secret of the world" statements that are just plain shizzle.

Did he say anything to Stephen A.?

Edited by cash money95

That was great. Every time I see this show, Skip tries to come out and make these dramatic, "oh my God", "I have found the secret of the world" statements that are just plain shizzle.

Did he say anything to Stephen A.?

Yeah there's multiple parts. Whenever Stephen a. Doesn't know something he goes on the offensive about something ridiculous

That whole show is so ridiculous. I'm glad Mark Cuban stood up for not only LeBron, but really all basketball players that are attacked by the media.