Sal's RuneScape Forum
Doom

Nba

Chances that D Rose's career is over? I doubt that but I also find it highly unlikely that he'll be an MVP caliber player when he gets back.

I feel like he'll end up like Wade, with constant knee problems with constant knee problems and another big FA(s) comes in and helps carry Chicago in the future.

In other news, the Celtics stole Toronto's number 1 spot in Atlantic Division. Grrr. :mad:

Is it bad that I'm still going for the Knicks? :P

Better the Knicks than Brooklyn; at least New York isn't full of completely old people and actually has a decent bench and won't have to pay $2039842 in luxury taxes next year. XD

Also this, which was the lulz:

ku-xlarge-2.gif

Derrick rose's problem (and the bulls as a whole) is that they lack a second major scoring option. Their team is full of good complementary players who can play off of rose. When Derrick rose isn't playing or is guarded too heavily who do they have that can step in and take over the offensive workload? Luol Deng? Boozer? They need to bring in a second player this offseason that plays either the 2 or 3 so they can help him.

Rose gets injured because he attacks the basket too much because he has to force the issue and score himself a majority of the time. He needs to be more selective with his drives and work on his jumper more. His fg% was atrocious this year.

They need to offload cap by trading boozer/deng and bring in younger players who can score on their own

Goodbye, Rudy: http://www.thestar.com/sports/basketball/2013/12/08/nba_raptors_trade_rudy_gay_in_monster_deal.html

Mixed feelings about this trade; I'm glad Toronto doesn't have to pay him 20 million this year. On the other hand, none of the players Sacramento is giving are gonna do anything for Toronto, plus Acy goes to the Kings too and I kinda liked him after what he did in this year's preseason. Oh well - to Wiggins/Parker/Randle/Gordon!

Holy hell man , Knicks win two straight games by like an average of 34 and then get smacked by Boston by 41. Sigh

Goodbye, Rudy: http://www.thestar.c...nster_deal.html

Mixed feelings about this trade; I'm glad Toronto doesn't have to pay him 20 million this year. On the other hand, none of the players Sacramento is giving are gonna do anything for Toronto, plus Acy goes to the Kings too and I kinda liked him after what he did in this year's preseason. Oh well - to Wiggins/Parker/Randle/Gordon!

Raptors are trying hard to get Wiggins. They definitely realize the impact he would have on their franchise. Having that hometown hero (sort of?) would be huge.

Goodbye, Rudy: http://www.thestar.c...nster_deal.html

Raptors are trying hard to get Wiggins. They definitely realize the impact he would have on their franchise. Having that hometown hero (sort of?) would be huge.

Thornhill is more or less in the Greater Toronto Area so he would count. :P Plus he did say in an interview/conference over the summer that the Raptors would be his preferred team to play for, so it would be great for both sides.

Rudy Gay is just an overrated player in the first place. He's incredibly inefficient and doesn't create often for his teammates. Toronto doesn't need that since they already have Demar. Now Demar and Jonas should get more touches which will be good for their development.

Edited by Doom

Anyone care to make a prediction for me? I don't really follow the NBA but I'm going to see the Heat vs Trailblazers on the 28th and maybe some insight into the teams would be nice.

So yeah, Jason Kidd clearly has no idea what he's doing. Awkward thing is if they fire him, this thing is still gonna be hanging in the rafters of Barclays:

Nets-Kidd-Jersey.jpg

I'd hold off on firing him till after the season; if Brooklyn can magically win 40 games or even make the playoffs, bring him back next year. Otherwise fire him and start trading people away for draft picks and cap space and actual bench players.

So yeah, Jason Kidd clearly has no idea what he's doing. Awkward thing is if they fire him, this thing is still gonna be hanging in the rafters of Barclays:

Nets-Kidd-Jersey.jpg

I'd hold off on firing him till after the season; if Brooklyn can magically win 40 games or even make the playoffs, bring him back next year. Otherwise fire him and start trading people away for draft picks and cap space and actual bench players.

He doesn't have to win 40 games to make the playoffs in the East. 25-30 should do it.

25-30 games? I'd say more 35-40.

Deng traded for Bynum and 3 picks: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10255605/cleveland-cavaliers-agree-trade-andrew-bynum-chicago-bulls-luol-deng

Going to assume Bynum gets waived after this season anyways, and Chicago gets an even better chance to rebuild a team for Rose when he comes back.

25-30 games? I'd say more 35-40.

I'd actually be more comfortable with 30-35. I am willing to guarantee that the 8th seed in the East will be hovering around .400

Makes sense, I've just about given up on the Knicks. Not really though we're still winning the chip. >.>

Makes sense, I've just about given up on the Knicks. Not really though we're still winning the chip. >.>

JR Smith 4 shoelace MVP.

I'm almost certain Woodson's going to get fired within the next month or so, surprised he isn't gone already.

JR Smith 4 shoelace MVP.

I'm almost certain Woodson's going to get fired within the next month or so, surprised he isn't gone already.

Woodson and JR both will be gone. Possibly Carmelo as well, if they can find a trade partner. I had read some rumors about a Carmelo for B. Griffin trade, but I doubt that'd ever happen.

A good amount of injuries this year. :/

Rumors about a possible trade that'd have Westbrook coming to the Knicks. To bad it doesn't seem to be even remotely true.

No Toronto buzzer beater will ever be better than this one:

Edited by Fake